22-5a MVP ROSCHON JOHNSON HIGHLIGHTS 2016! PNG FANS and RJ FANS

RoschonsBigBro

On 11/29/2016 at 10:19 AM, fanny said:

He had a great year this year and seems to be the real thing.

The Dustin Long reference - well wait and see what he does on the college level A&M SHSU records set.

Hope he does well.  One thing Faircloth will make sure he sets passing records for himself and Johnson.

Hopefully the Dawgs can take back the crown next year.

I don't know a ton on PNG's history but if he keeps at that pace he will eclipse even Dustin Long's accomplishments at PNG. In my opinion if you guys stack that roster there will be a state championship to come. The real question is "is the talent there?" To make the run. That kid has a bright future ahead of him. He is very gifted. All the glory goes to the man up above that blessed that young man with the gift of being a great athlete. Keep your head up sir! Stay prayed up your destined for greatness!! Awesome highlights didn't know all this was taking place would've made sure to be in attendance. 

3 hours ago, ace2335 said:

I don't know a ton on PNG's history but if he keeps at that pace he will eclipse even Dustin Long's accomplishments at PNG. In my opinion if you guys stack that roster there will be a state championship to come. The real question is "is the talent there?" To make the run. That kid has a bright future ahead of him. He is very gifted. All the glory goes to the man up above that blessed that young man with the gift of being a great athlete. Keep your head up sir! Stay prayed up your destined for greatness!! Awesome highlights didn't know all this was taking place would've made sure to be in attendance. 

No offense to Roschon, but it takes a team to get to a state championship. He may eclipse Long's stats, but in my opinion you're comparing apples to oranges. It was a very different game and the offenses were completely different back then. If I remember correctly, PNG's offense in 99 was balanced; I think the passing yards were within a hundred yards of the rushing game. The future looks very bright, however, with all the talent we have coming back, it's an exciting time to be an Indian!

7 hours ago, AggieNDN said:

No offense to Roschon, but it takes a team to get to a state championship. He may eclipse Long's stats, but in my opinion you're comparing apples to oranges. It was a very different game and the offenses were completely different back then. If I remember correctly, PNG's offense in 99 was balanced; I think the passing yards were within a hundred yards of the rushing game. The future looks very bright, however, with all the talent we have coming back, it's an exciting time to be an Indian!

Agree 100%...... R.J. will be the best dual threat QB to come out of P.N.G. But comparisons to any QB we have ever had are just hard to do. Comparisons to D.L. as a sophomore are from 20 years ago. Times have changed, the game has changed. Hell, they take double the teams in the playoffs that they did in 99. As I said before the season, when everyone said there was a QB competition... There can never be a competition, because, R.J. is the best athlete on the field. I stay away from comparisons, because they simply do not make sense. So, in conclusion...... Lets enjoy the ride with R.J.... It will be a fun one..... I will say this.... It used to be fun to watch what DL would do on a 3rd down, because you knew he would sling it to someone and get the first... But with R.J. its even more exciting on a 3rd down... He might throw it, run it, hurdle someone.... Its fun to watch.....

On 11/29/2016 at 8:30 PM, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

STATISTICS:
2,364 yards on 147 of 228 passing with 29 touchdowns and six interceptions 

246 rushes for 1653 yards and 26 touchdowns

The above stats are RJ's Soph year

Below are Vince Young's Stats his Sr year when he was the Gatorade Player of the Year

2,545 yards on 131 of 224 passing with  35 touchdowns and four interceptions

116 rushes for 1,274 yards and 24 touchdowns

13 hours ago, AggieNDN said:

Shugs  1600 rushing plus Hughes 850-950 puts them around 2500 rushing to Roschons 2364 passing. It was more balanced than you think.

54 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Shugs  1600 rushing plus Hughes 850-950 puts them around 2500 rushing to Roschons 2364 passing. It was more balanced than you think.

Yeah, I chuckle when folks say PNG is not balanced on offense??? Been saying that since BF got here, yet several of the top individual rushing seasons have come under BF. Folks forget Harmons monster year in 2009, followed by Bertrands jr. year then 2000 yard Sr. season. PNG is a tuff shutout because of the balance. 

3 hours ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

I do think they need better balance of touches for others to reduce the chance of injury going forward.  He towed a heavy, heavy load which he carried well, but that opens him up to injury.  I think that is more of the balance needed.  He is a special football player no doubt.

14 hours ago, Brubaker said:

I do think they need better balance of touches for others to reduce the chance of injury going forward.  He towed a heavy, heavy load which he carried well, but that opens him up to injury.  I think that is more of the balance needed.  He is a special football player no doubt.

Alot of that came after Hughes was injured. Remember they lost Runnels to start the season, so they were in dire need of a running attack without those two. Going forward with several young options plus a healthy Hughes.