MY RANT OF THE COVERAGE AREA,SO TO SPEAK

pakronos

On 12/4/2016 at 5:17 AM, Reagan said:

On the other hand, if PN-G was the really the "good team" then they would have won.  Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but the first playoff game against Barbers Hill they gave up over 500 yards.  BH placed 3rd in their district.  PN-G did win, but what actually happened against BH should have been a precursor to what was eventually going to happen either the next week or the following.  Lately, coming out of this district these results are what's probably going to be the norm for awhile.

According to your logic, Euless Trinity is not a very good team because they lost in the 1st round this year.  Is that what you are saying?

3 hours ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

According to your logic, Euless Trinity is not a very good team because they lost in the 1st round this year.  Is that what you are saying?

Don't know if Euless Trinity was a good team or not this year.  Apples to apple or apples to oranges?  Anyway, I am talking about this district.  Unfortunately what we have seen has been happening in recent years. When we get to level of the good teams we usually get shaken out.  Heck, one of the "tri-champions" couldn't even make it past the first round.  You have to ask yourself, though -- was Crosby's personnel actually any better than Vidor's personnel?  Was New Caney's personnel any better than Centrals? 

1 hour ago, 503Raised said:

All I want to know is who's going to be the QB for PAM next season??  Any ideas?  Read someone said PNG will win the district the next four yrs.  Not sure about that.

Should be Keitha Jones. PAM should have an unstoppable running game. PNG will be very competitive while Roschon is there. Afterwards, idk. Next two years will tell alot about the future depth of both teams.

1 hour ago, Reagan said:

Don't know if Euless Trinity was a good team or not this year.  Apples to apple or apples to oranges?  Anyway, I am talking about this district.  Unfortunately what we have seen has been happening in recent years. When we get to level of the good teams we usually get shaken out.  Heck, one of the "tri-champions" couldn't even make it past the first round.  You have to ask yourself, though -- was Crosby's personnel actually any better than Vidor's personnel?  Was New Caney's personnel any better than Centrals? 

Yes.14.2, recruitment facts please.

2 minutes ago, Reagan said:

I'm also sure that there was a perceived notion that PAM might have had better athletes than Vidor.  Again, that's debatable.  But what happened there?

Yes, I am sure PAM had more college level talent on the field that night. They lost. Many, many upsets occur across the country every week, at all levels of the game. I guess I am missing the point your trying to make. There is without question Crosby has better personnel, at least from a next level talent perspective, than Vidor. That can be proven my the # of players going to the next level for Crosby compared to the # of players going to the next level for Vidor. Not a knock on Vidor. They had a tremendous season, and with three quality runners, I was not that surprised. But it is not a "perceived notion"  and it is not "debatable", both PAM and Crosby have players going to play at D1 colleges. 

1 hour ago, Tigers2010 said:

Yes, I am sure PAM had more college level talent on the field that night. They lost. Many, many upsets occur across the country every week, at all levels of the game. I guess I am missing the point your trying to make. There is without question Crosby has better personnel, at least from a next level talent perspective, than Vidor. That can be proven my the # of players going to the next level for Crosby compared to the # of players going to the next level for Vidor. Not a knock on Vidor. They had a tremendous season, and with three quality runners, I was not that surprised. But it is not a "perceived notion"  and it is not "debatable", both PAM and Crosby have players going to play at D1 colleges. 

Reagan is not very bright and you are wasting your breath debating with him or her

12 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

For the most part yes, I wouldn't say completely though.

8 hours ago, Reagan said:

Interesting.  OK.

Definitely, with the exceptions of Leckelt and Quirante but that is it. Defense had no standouts. Vidor was talent starved but as hard nosed and  blue colllar as they come this past year. If they actually had a QB who could throw consistently, (Quirante to me is a RB playing QB) they may have had a chance to do so much more.

50 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Definitely, with the exceptions of Leckelt and Quirante but that is it. Defense had no standouts. Vidor was talent starved but as hard nosed and  blue colllar as they come this past year. If they actually had a QB who could throw consistently, (Quirante to me is a RB playing QB) they may have had a chance to do so much more.

Agree 100%.. don't see how anybody could think that Vidor could match up with Crosby talent wise.

Reagan, this years teams from 21-5a and 22-5a were quality teams. Some won come playoff time and others didn't. There is quality players and coaches in these districts. Unfortunately,  5a and 6a in our area have struggled to get deep in the playoffs. The area still turns out good college players. I found that as the years go on, there's an abundance of really good teams you have to face in the playoffs. Some area's get two rounds of nobody's to play in the playoffs. This area has drawn the short straw for a while where you're playing some of better teams in 2nd round.

12 hours ago, Reagan said:

You think Matthews can win Vidor a State Championship?

If there is no, what is your point? Are you insinuating Vidor needs to fire Mathews because the odds of winning a State Title are very slim? That is ridiculous. It is very, very difficult to win a any state championship, much more a 5A title. Once again, I am missing your point. 

Are you just taking shots at 22-5A coaches? And if so, which coaches would you fire?And who would you replace them with?

10 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

If there is no, what is your point? Are you insinuating Vidor needs to fire Mathews because the odds of winning a State Title are very slim? That is ridiculous. It is very, very difficult to win a any state championship, much more a 5A title. Once again, I am missing your point. 

Are you just taking shots at 22-5A coaches? And if so, which coaches would you fire?And who would you replace them with?

By the way when you answered my question about Matthews you basically agreed with me.  You stated that he probably won't win a State Championship "because the odds are against him".  So -- you are saying all these years it's the kids fault?  Anyway,  I don't even think he's won an out right District Championship.  But, on the other hand, if Vidor's citizens are happy with a mediocre coach, than more power to them.  As for as the other coaches in the district, Neauman is probably the best. I figured at one time he had the ability to win a State Championship but I doubt now that will ever happen.  The jury is still out on PAM's coach.  But, after dropping down a notch he should have easily waltzed through the district and should have been a contender for the State Championship.  PN-G's coach is decent, but won't get you a State Championship.  He doesn't even have an out right  District Championship.  This district is not as good as you let own.  Hence the early exits the past 3-4 years out of the playoffs.  PN-G was lucky this year until they met a good team.  Actually Barbers Hill was better but the turnovers got them.  BTW, didn't Barbers Hill spank Vidor pretty bad this year?  And I believe BH was the 3rd place team in that district, if I'm not mistaken.  PAM did elevate the district a hair.  But losing to Vidor puts questions even on them.  IMHO...

26 minutes ago, Reagan said:

By the way when you answered my question about Matthews you basically agreed with me.  You stated that he probably won't win a State Championship "because the odds are against him".  So -- you are saying all these years it's the kids fault?  Anyway,  I don't even think he's won an out right District Championship.  But, on the other hand, if Vidor's citizens are happy with a mediocre coach, than more power to them.  As for as the other coaches in the district, Neauman is probably the best. I figured at one time he had the ability to win a State Championship but I doubt now that will ever happen.  The jury is still out on PAM's coach.  But, after dropping down a notch he should have easily waltzed through the district and should have been a contender for the State Championship.  PN-G's coach is decent, but won't get you a State Championship.  He doesn't even have an out right  District Championship.  This district is not as good as you let own.  Hence the early exits the past 3-4 years out of the playoffs.  PN-G was lucky this year until they met a good team.  Actually Barbers Hill was better but the turnovers got them.  BTW, didn't Barbers Hill spank Vidor pretty bad this year?  And I believe BH was the 3rd place team in that district, if I'm not mistaken.  PAM did elevate the district a hair.  But losing to Vidor puts questions even on them.  IMHO...

Well, the list was not unexpected.  But you didn't the answer the part of Tiger2010's question.  Now that you have identified the "mediocre coaches" how would you pick to replace them?