Port Neches-Groves 28 Fort Bend Willowridge 14/FINAL

WOSgrad

Proud of the Indians in Round 2.  Despite some iffy snaps and penalties, the Indians got a good win.  Willowridge had size...more so than PAM...I'm talking about kids that looked like grown men.  Can't say enough about the leadership from PN-G's QB.  He had to grind tonight and still found a way to make big runs and throws.

To the fans complaining about the DBs - I understand what you are saying, but the Indians are not blessed with shutdown DBs like PAM.  We do not have 6'2" and 6'3" kids, with 4.5 speed, and ball hawking skills walking the hallways at PN-G High School.  The Indians have to roll with what they have on the roster.  And, the kids playing DB are doing some good things.  Are they perfect?  No.  But, they don't quit after a bad play. The same DB that gets heat from fans for playing too soft, or from those fans that like to gripe that he is too small, well, that same DB made another big play tonight in the 4Q when Willowridge had a throw down the field toward the end zone.  He was in position and he made the play.  All 5'6" or 5'7" and 125 lbs. of him made the play.  Those teams on the other sideline (Barbers Hill and Willowridge) will make some plays.  They are good teams.  Give them some credit, too.  Nonetheless, our kids fight, scrap, and they don't quit.  We had another great effort on defense...11 kids getting to the football.  The big guy at NG, #68, had a solid game.  Not tall, but he is wide.  When he gets going up the field, he ties up the OL and then the Indians LBs can make some plays.

On to round 3...and how about the new RB? Not the biggest guy, but he hits the hole fast and will lower his pads for a few extra yards.  I'm not an official stats guy, but I would not be surprised if the QB and RB each had 100 - 125 yards.  QB made some big throws...I'm guessing 200+ yards through the air.  Need to clean up the snaps and penalties.  Glad the PAT kicking game was back.  Much better this week.  Better blocking, timing, and good kicks.  Nice job special teams coaches and players.  I'm still not a fan of the pooch kick.  I understand the reasoning behind it, but it is a head scratcher to give the other team the ball at the 40 yard line.  That is the end of my small complaint.  Happy to roll into the 3rd round.

Go Indians.  Peace.

1 hour ago, Gabe said:

Dude has 200+ in at least three straight. He's not carrying the ball 40 times. This is what a dual-threat QB does. You can't play scared of injury. 

As for the defense, remember one of their best DBs was out tonight in Austin Bost. 

Willowridge had a good offense and was held to 14 points. 

Quit crying and trying to find fault in a team that is in the 3rd round. Worst kind of fan.

No doubt! Some people have serious issues. When this season began I thought it would be a down season with the injuries and a sophomore QB. You gotta give it to these coaches and players. They have done one hell of a job to make it to the 3rd round with all of the adversity. Great job to Faircloth and staff!

3 minutes ago, Eagle91 said:

No doubt! Some people have serious issues. When this season began I thought it would be a down season with the injuries and a sophomore QB. You gotta give it to these coaches and players. They have done one hell of a job to make it to the 3rd round with all of the adversity. Great job to Faircloth and staff!

10-4, limping in the third round with true heart! Way to go NDN'S!!!

42 minutes ago, 1989NDN said:

Proud of the Indians in Round 2.  Despite some iffy snaps and penalties, the Indians got a good win.  Willowridge had size...more so than PAM...I'm talking about kids that looked like grown men.  Can't say enough about the leadership from PN-G's QB.  He had to grind tonight and still found a way to make big runs and throws.

To the fans complaining about the DBs - I understand what you are saying, but the Indians are not blessed with shutdown DBs like PAM.  We do not have 6'2" and 6'3" kids, with 4.5 speed, and ball hawking skills walking the hallways at PN-G High School.  The Indians have to roll with what they have on the roster.  And, the kids playing DB are doing some good things.  Are they perfect?  No.  But, they don't quit after a bad play. The same DB that gets heat from fans for playing too soft, or from those fans that like to gripe that he is too small, well, that same DB made another big play tonight in the 4Q when Willowridge had a throw down the field toward the end zone.  He was in position and he made the play.  All 5'6" or 5'7" and 125 lbs. of him made the play.  Those teams on the other sideline (Barbers Hill and Willowridge) will make some plays.  They are good teams.  Give them some credit, too.  Nonetheless, our kids fight, scrap, and they don't quit.  We had another great effort on defense...11 kids getting to the football.  The big guy at NG, #68, had a solid game.  Not tall, but he is wide.  When he gets going up the field, he ties up the OL and then the Indians LBs can make some plays.

On to round 3...and how about the new RB? Not the biggest guy, but he hits the hole fast and will lower his pads for a few extra yards.  I'm not an official stats guy, but I would not be surprised if the QB and RB each had 100 - 125 yards.  QB made some big throws...I'm guessing 200+ yards through the air.  Need to clean up the snaps and penalties.  Glad the PAT kicking game was back.  Much better this week.  Better blocking, timing, and good kicks.  Nice job special teams coaches and players.  I'm still not a fan of the pooch kick.  I understand the reasoning behind it, but it is a head scratcher to give the other team the ball at the 40 yard line.  That is the end of my small complaint.  Happy to roll into the 3rd round.

Go Indians.  Peace.

I agree. And honestly, it's been that "little" DB who has been an absolute hero in so many situations, including tonight.  He is tough, smart, and fast. What else can we ask for? I almost feel like the complaining hasn't gone down one bit from year to year, no matter what our record is. 

4 hours ago, PNGFan said:

I don't care for their defensive philosophy.  We get killed on the corners by playing 15 yards off the ball.  Johnson is a great player but running him every play is going to get him hurt the farther we go.

How bout you apply for a coaching job with Coach Faircloth?? That PNG defense would instantly become better if they hired a guy like you. The Indians would pitch straight shutouts.

5 hours ago, Gabe said:

Johnson had 265 yards on 25 carries. Threw for 137 on 11 of 17 with 3 TDs

Deslatte had 108 on 12 carries with a TD.

McGough led in receptions with 8 for 74 and a TD.

Willowridge finished with 285 yards, 9 first downs and 14 points (still think the D played like crap?)

PNG had 532 yards.

OH WOW

5 hours ago, Gabe said:

Johnson had 265 yards on 25 carries. Threw for 137 on 11 of 17 with 3 TDs

Deslatte had 108 on 12 carries with a TD.

McGough led in receptions with 8 for 74 and a TD.

Willowridge finished with 285 yards, 9 first downs and 14 points (still think the D played like crap?)

PNG had 532 yards.

Holy cow! D did awesome! RJ is just crazy to watch. Knew McGough would step up. DeSlatte is impressive.

Enjoy the win today.... Let's get back to the grind for next week.... Still rolling with what we got... Freshman, Sophomores, hell, if need be let's pull up some middle schoolers.... Next man up, fill in the hole, play with all your heart, let's get it done.... Being a INDIAN is contagious.... Doesn't matter your age, shape, or size.... I'll eat crow now... Would have never thought we would have been 11-1 with a sophomore QB and all these injuries.... BF and his staff have done a helluva job using what we have... We are not the biggest, strongest, or fastest, but we are INDIANS..... So here we are... 3rd round.... Underdogs..... I like it.... Looks like College Station is up next..... Get ready whoever it is..... Our kids might still ride there bicycles to school, but that doesn't matter.... It's going to be a dogfight......  Once these kids are old enough to drive......Lookout........

14 minutes ago, Finesser said:

Congrats to the Indians for pulling it out & I'm still in awe with this young man Roschon , the boy getting stronger as the season progresses & it don't look like he slowing up lol

I agree...it's just not his physical tools/gifts...he has poise...FBW had size and speed and they brought heat...even when RJ had to scramble just to get back to the line of scrimmage or if he had to take a sack, he never lost his composure...he never came to the sideline and looked rattled...a good example, after the early bad snap, FBW scored...they marched down the field and it looked easy for them...RJ and Indians came right back and marched 90 yards for a TD...or at the end of the first half, he threw a ball and FBW got the INT...no worries, in the second half, RJ threw two TDs...the ball to #9, the WR made some nice moves...the pass to #12 was a nice throw/catch for the TD...he has leadership and poise...and yes, he has exceptional physical skills.

Watching the game last night, I did not realize RJ ran for 260+ yards...but, wow...to me, it felt like his throws were more than 130/140 total yards...when you're into the game, it's easy to overlook the obvious (his runs) and then get wowed by the throws, e.g., the pass to #9 and #12 for big yards/scores.  I'm glad someone else is keeping up with the stats.

And, anyone who went to the game will tell you that the PN-G defense is like RJ...it keeps getting better as the season goes along.  The PN-G defense pretty much held a big play FBW team in check.  Playing PAM, Nederland, Central, Vidor and all of 22-5A helped the defense evolve and grow.

Go Indians.  Peace.

1 hour ago, 1989NDN said:

I agree...it's just not his physical tools/gifts...he has poise...FBW had size and speed and they brought heat...even when RJ had to scramble just to get back to the line of scrimmage or if he had to take a sack, he never lost his composure...he never came to the sideline and looked rattled...a good example, after the early bad snap, FBW scored...they marched down the field and it looked easy for them...RJ and Indians came right back and marched 90 yards for a TD...or at the end of the first half, he threw a ball and FBW got the INT...no worries, in the second half, RJ threw two TDs...the ball to #9, the WR made some nice moves...the pass to #12 was a nice throw/catch for the TD...he has leadership and poise...and yes, he has exceptional physical skills.

Watching the game last night, I did not realize RJ ran for 260+ yards...but, wow...to me, it felt like his throws were more than 130/140 total yards...when you're into the game, it's easy to overlook the obvious (his runs) and then get wowed by the throws, e.g., the pass to #9 and #12 for big yards/scores.  I'm glad someone else is keeping up with the stats.

And, anyone who went to the game will tell you that the PN-G defense is like RJ...it keeps getting better as the season goes along.  The PN-G defense pretty much held a big play FBW team in check.  Playing PAM, Nederland, Central, Vidor and all of 22-5A helped the defense evolve and grow.

Go Indians.  Peace.

RJ is the real deal take care of him O-line, and hey keep it rolling Indians proud of all those young men.