Suck It Up, Buttercup!

Reagan

5 minutes ago, Cheermom4 said:

I have to say as a parent of 4 adult kids and 3 still in college. Two graduating next year and the youngest in middle school. If my kids were crying and scared because Trump is our new Preaident. Then my husband and I have failed them.  Geez Louise, we have a House and Senate for a reason. Plus Trump will have a ton of advisors to help him along the way. The end of the world is not coming. Also I would bring my kid home to finish college at Lamar if they were so scared. 

Very good point.

All of this making excuses and Coddling our young kids is doing nothing to make them productive adults.  Geez at some point they have to cut the apron strings.  Whining and throwing hissy fits because Trump won is just pitiful and I would be embarrassed if that was my kid. 

I attribute it to every kid getting a participation award or trophy. I have always told my kids you do not need a participation award for showing up. You earn whatever award your given. None of them has ever accepted a participation award.