Potential Texas Football Coaching Search

UTfanatic

On 11/23/2016 at 2:08 PM, OldTimer said:

Jim Harbaugh to Texas - is that the Texas dream this search?  No gonna happen.  But like TexazBall if he even showed the slightest interest would jump on that one well before Herman.

Yeah he's talking about the brother.  

Harbaugh will never leave Michigan for another job and Urban would be the next most untouchable.  Chris Peterson at Washington after those two.  Anyone else is theoretically in play although I don't think Saban would ever dance again.  He was not happy with the way things went down 3 years ago and took a lot of spinning to come out unscathed thanks to ol Mack Brown...

3 hours ago, TexazBall said:

I wonder if Strong would be Interested in becoming Texas DC if no HC position comes lol ...Defense has been good since he took over 

They did play better but still lacked fundamentals at the end..maybe cause the offense hung them out to dry who know s

37 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

LSU drops out of Herman sweepstakes.  It seems the reason is he wouldn't be hurried into accepting their offer and they knew they couldn't win if UT does make an offer. 

Soooo, is Herman a done deal to Texas now or do we take our time now and do a full search as some really want? 

If Herman is such a bad hire, why does everyone want him. 

I surely don't hold this year's losses by a totally distracted team bother. 

I have saying give me Fedora, Fleck, or Herman. 

After hearing the rumors about Mack Brown, I might drop Fedora. Mack is the reason we're in this mess. 

horns up and Hookem 

27 minutes ago, UTfanatic said:

If Herman is such a bad hire, why does everyone want him. 

I surely don't hold this year's losses by a totally distracted team bother. 

I have saying give me Fedora, Fleck, or Herman. 

After hearing the rumors about Mack Brown, I might drop Fedora. Mack is the reason we're in this mess. 

horns up and Hookem 

Everybody wanted Strong 3 years ago as well 

52 minutes ago, Bandwagon Ranger said:

Negative. Everyone "supported" the Strong hire 3 years ago.

Did not pay dividends. Next.

Sorry dude - can't change "actual" history - Strong was the coach of choice after Saben - go back and read your Texas fans post on "Strong Coaching Pedigree" say pages 1 - 45.

I was around man he was not a "supported" hire he was the CHOICE (after the untouchable Saben but then again so is every coaching search now)  - but you are right he did not work out - hope ya'll have better luck with Herman.

2 hours ago, OldTimer said:

Sorry dude - can't change "actual" history - Strong was the coach of choice after Saben - go back and read your Texas fans post on "Strong Coaching Pedigree" say pages 1 - 45.

I was around man he was not a "supported" hire he was the CHOICE (after the untouchable Saben but then again so is every coaching search now)  - but you are right he did not work out - hope ya'll have better luck with Herman.

What do you want us to say? He was who they hired and we got on the boat. 

It sank. We will get on the next boat.

Don't drown in the wake.