Crosby vs Fort Bend Marshall

Cougar14.2

Both teams are coming into this one 9-2. Crosby has elevated their defensive play going into the postseason while Marshall is coming off a 58 point performance against Houston Sterling in the first round. 

Could be another good matchup for Crosby. Marshall loves to run it with the qb and pair of sophomore running backs but they also average about 105 passing yards per game at a slightly better than 50% completion rate. Another good thing for Crosby is that Marshall has given up 27+ points in 5 of 11'games including 63 to Manvel, 48 to Elkins, 35 to Texas City and even gave up 455 yards of offense to Santa Fe the last game of district play. Marshall also had 14 penalties for 131 yards in that game though. 

Lot of talent at Marshall but I think this is a good matchup Crosby. I think we're playing a little sharper on both sides of the ball and you have to give Riordan the coaching advantage in this one. 

6 minutes ago, bronco pride said:

I really don't think this game will be close. I would be shocked if Crosby didn't win by at least a couple tds. This region in d2 is down IMO and ripe for the picking. At least until the regional finals. CP going D1 really opened this region up.

I agree, and Brenham just knocked off Georgetown which was kind of surprising. Makes me feel like like College Station could be in trouble next week against against Magnolia. I hope you're right though, have a good feeling our defense will perform even better against a normal type offense. 

3 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I agree, and Brenham just knocked off Georgetown which was kind of surprising. Makes me feel like like College Station could be in trouble next week against against Magnolia. I hope you're right though, have a good feeling our defense will perform even better against a normal type offense. 

Marshall not nearly as good as they have been in the past. 3rd round will definitely be tougher but I think PNG and Crosby both win big next week.

4 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

CS lost their rb to an injury last week against Temple don't know his status

5 minutes ago, indianforever said:

CS lost their rb to an injury last week against Temple don't know his status

Sucks for them. Their QB already broke his leg earlier in the year. They might really be in trouble then, Magnolia just put 54 on Hutto. Interesting to see what CS does against Whitehouse. 

2 hours ago, prepballfan said:

14.2 no need to be coy here this should be a big win by the Coogs 

Now see, if I would've gotten on here saying I feel like Crosby should crop dust Marshall people would've been saying "Don't overlook anybody." I just can't win. 

2 hours ago, Gurulyfe4football said:

I've watched the first half of CS and WH online and they play right into our defensive strengths. They've run a lot of WR sweeps and just running the back on dives up the middle. Eye test tells me they aren't better than New Caney. 

Man I'm not sure about that. Most points Whitehouse has given up this year was 24 I believe and CS dropped 51 on them.

5 minutes ago, bronco pride said:

Man I'm not sure about that. Most points Whitehouse has given up this year was 24 I believe and CS dropped 51 on them.

The score was 21-14 midway through the 3rd. I compare them to New Caney because that was the best traditional offense that we've seen. Chris Monroe isn't the caliber RB that Marte Allison is, and NC QB is more allusive with a better arm. I only watched 3 quarters, but their offense plays into our defensive strengths. We have to beat Marshall first though.

And people were saying Central was a bad team , its the playoffs you have to be ready every game , good job New Caney glad you were able to pull it off and good fight Central , that was a awesome game. Texas high school football is exciting , especially at this time of year , glad I made the trip to watch this live. Good luck to all 4 teams next week. PNG , New Caney , Crosby and PAM 

4 minutes ago, The Last Dragon said:

And people were saying Central was a bad team , its the playoffs you have to be ready every game , good job New Caney glad you were able to pull it off and good fight Central , that was a awesome game. Texas high school football is exciting , especially at this time of year , glad I made the trip to watch this live. Good luck to all 4 teams next week. PNG , New Caney , Crosby and PAM 

I think NC has Manvel. That's a tough draw in the 2nd round. Better get rid of the ball quick. It's going to be hard for Allison to run the ball.

20 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Both teams are coming into this one 9-2. Crosby has elevated their defensive play going into the postseason while Marshall is coming off a 58 point performance against Houston Sterling in the first round. 

Could be another good matchup for Crosby. Marshall loves to run it with the qb and pair of sophomore running backs but they also average about 105 passing yards per game at a slightly better than 50% completion rate. Another good thing for Crosby is that Marshall has given up 27+ points in 5 of 11'games including 63 to Manvel, 48 to Elkins, 35 to Texas City and even gave up 455 yards of offense to Santa Fe the last game of district play. Marshall also had 14 penalties for 131 yards in that game though. 

Lot of talent at Marshall but I think this is a good matchup Crosby. I think we're playing a little sharper on both sides of the ball and you have to give Riordan the coaching advantage in this one. 

Good luck Crosby your defense should be ready for this one and I want to see if that offense you guys have can put it all together and win big.  Make 21-5a proud , I'm working grave yards next week so I want be able to attend but I will be tuned in. 

1 hour ago, Vpirate02 said:

Crosby should have this hands down. Teams don't realize how hard it is to defend that vidor offense. Crosby defense should have this in the bag if they don't create too many yards with those PF.

Crosby by 17.

You'd think they'd be tired of flipping those big tractor tires by now.  VIDOR just plays until the end of the echo of whistle and you can't retaliate.  It's the plays that happen that are 25-30 yards from the play when the fouls just make you shake your head.

13 minutes ago, panamamyers said:

You would think you would learn your lesson after underestimating ridge point. Crosby is going to again struggle with that fort bend type of speed.

Speed didn't beat Crosby against Ridge point size did. With that said, Marshalll looks better than College Station on film to me. This might be the toughest team before state for Crosby