HJ v. Giddings

the409

H J played tough against sheppard and I expect that they will be just as prepared this wk. I liked the offensive adjustments  gave 12 and 1 some running room. and a few down field passes softened the box. it was good to see big number 58 back once he gets back into game condition he will be a force again. wishing for a healthy weak of practice and a big win on friday

1 hour ago, Barney Fife said:

H J played tough against sheppard and I expect that they will be just as prepared this wk. I liked the offensive adjustments  gave 12 and 1 some running room. and a few down field passes softened the box. it was good to see big number 58 back once he gets back into game condition he will be a force again. wishing for a healthy weak of practice and a big win on friday

Yes it was good seeing #58 get back to playing.

3 hours ago, griff said:

You've turned into an HJ homer. First, you predicted them to beat Liberty (which I doubted)...and now this. 

I hope you're right ;-) 

Lol! You know I bleed blue and silver but HJ is a sneaky team. I've been correct all season long so far. ;)

From the film I've seen from the Giddings-Connally game, it looks like Giddings didn't really have control until the second half. Without the two kickoff returns, that game would be completely different. Giddings has some  good backs and receivers but I haven't seen anything special. I've been told that two of their receivers are committed to D1 schools (one of them was Tech and I can't remember what the other one was) but there's virtually no film of them doing anything besides catching open passes. I'm not trying to belittle a team who does have some impressive wins and is probably better than film shows, but this one could be a lot closer than people think. We'll see on Friday. 

17 hours ago, the409 said:

From the film I've seen from the Giddings-Connally game, it looks like Giddings didn't really have control until the second half. Without the two kickoff returns, that game would be completely different. Giddings has some  good backs and receivers but I haven't seen anything special. I've been told that two of their receivers are committed to D1 schools (one of them was Tech and I can't remember what the other one was) but there's virtually no film of them doing anything besides catching open passes. I'm not trying to belittle a team who does have some impressive wins and is probably better than film shows, but this one could be a lot closer than people think. We'll see on Friday. 

Luv it. I'm with you on that one. I've watched numerous teams.and it's not there fault they put up the numbers they have.east texas to Dallas. Same format if u can score 100 stop me !! And at the same time none of these teams really have a great defense. ND I really believe this game will b closer then ppl think.and I know that team w.o has will be challenged. Maybe giddings,navarro,gilmer,cuero but unless for some unseen reason w.o gets the big head.i can't see any of them beating them.so I think at the end of the day all of our setx teams will give them schools all they can handle! !

4 hours ago, dj said:

Luv it. I'm with you on that one. I've watched numerous teams.and it's not there fault they put up the numbers they have.east texas to Dallas. Same format if u can score 100 stop me !! And at the same time none of these teams really have a great defense. ND I really believe this game will b closer then ppl think.and I know that team w.o has will be challenged. Maybe giddings,navarro,gilmer,cuero but unless for some unseen reason w.o gets the big head.i can't see any of them beating them.so I think at the end of the day all of our setx teams will give them schools all they can handle! !

Navarro handled Giddings earlier in the season. The final was 37-21.

1 hour ago, the409 said:

Navarro handled Giddings earlier in the season. The final was 37-21.

Yeah I know.and it's no disrespect to either one of them. I know wat happened between w.o ND HJ. I just hate that ppl couldn't see how much better HJ is this year.im not saying that they will beat either one of those school. But HJ will battle test both of them.bc neither one of them have a defense or special teams like w.o.

On 11/14/2016 at 10:31 AM, The Icon said:

Coach Sloan is doing a great job over at HJ, but Giddings is loaded.

Would be a fun game to go watch! Good luck to the Hawks!

Yes he is. Good coach. Knows football. And put the players he has in the best positions that they are suitable for.

24 minutes ago, LOKI said:

Yes he is. Good coach. Knows football. And put the players he has in the best positions that they are suitable for.

I sometimes question why he moved #12 Murray, who was ranked at WR, to tailback. I understand that he needed to fix him to the offense but Murray hasn't really gotten many receptions this year, which is odd. I'm sure he has his reasons. Great job from Sloan this year though.