Construction on wall to begin in March 2017

team first

I don't know that an actual wall will be built and really don't care.  Get the funding back that Obama cut and hire more Border Patrol agents to work the border.

One of my best friends is a Sargeant with the Texas Hwy Patrol.  He's down there working the border now.  Texas is footing the bill to protect our country.  

19 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

I don't know that an actual wall will be built and really don't care.  Get the funding back that Obama cut and hire more Border Patrol agents to work the border.

One of my best friends is a Sargeant with the Texas Hwy Patrol.  He's down there working the border now.  Texas is footing the bill to protect our country.  

Aint that the truth.  I know several DPS that go work the border.  They are tired of being away from their family for weeks at a time.  And I don't blame them.

Building it would  definitely help our healthcare, job availability, our prisons, decrease drug flow, and allow officers more time at home with families.  its a win all around

I ve been saying for years if govt was strict on the immigration we would benefit tremendously as a country.

2 hours ago, baddog said:

Is this going to be your answer for everything? I guess so since you bring nothing else. Unlike your boy Obama, at least Trump is following up with one of his best campaign promises. I see nothing funny, and neither will the deported illegals.

He just said he is not going to repeal Obama Care according to some news outlets. How do you feel about that? I thought the article was satirical. Do you really believe he is going to start building a wall in early 2017?

1 hour ago, Big girl said:

Trump is sucking up to Obama. Trump said that "Obama is a good man". He also said he respects him. Did President Obama say the same things about Trump?

Why would Trump need to suck up to Obama? Trump is showing what kind of man he is and simply showing respect to the sitting president. Showing respect does not mean he likes his policies. Why don't you give Trump a chance. I gave Obama plenty and he let me down.

44 minutes ago, Big girl said:

Trump is sucking up to Obama. Trump said that "Obama is a good man". He also said he respects him. Did President Obama say the same things about Trump?

Not everybody sees the world through a jaundiced eye as you do.  If and when you ever understand that, your life will improve.

1 hour ago, BS Wildcats said:

He can't repeal it in its entirety, just parts of it.

He can't repeal or add to any of it.  

Trump is not Congress. 

The only issue is if the House and Senate agree on a bill, will he sign it. He can give opinions behind the scenes or even openly but he can do nothing without Congress. 

I think that is going to be Obama's legacy, not working or compromising with Congress. He legislated, sometimes illegally, through executive order. Much of that will be undone by Trump with another executive order. 

If you don't get it past Congress, it is somewhat meaningless. 

4 hours ago, baddog said:

Why would Trump need to suck up to Obama? Trump is showing what kind of man he is and simply showing respect to the sitting president. Showing respect does not mean he likes his policies. Why don't you give Trump a chance. I gave Obama plenty and he let me down.

Whatever you say.

7 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

Since Obama has been in office, Does anyone know what happens to illegals that are caught crossing the border?

From my local law-enforcement standpoint I can tell you what has changed.  Under every president that I have worked, if a person is caught at the border he has turned around.  If the Border Patrol has caught more  people crossing under Obama, great. The democrats love to spit out the numbers on how many they're catching but that has to do with law-enforcement and not national policy. 

What has changed radically since Obama has taken office is that once they get past that little narrow border, they are left alone.  Local law-enforcement has many contacts with illegal aliens every day.  We can do absolutely nothing with them. Legally they can be held immediately with no other charges required however the current administration will not allow it.  Even if we catch a known illegal alien in a crime, if it is not a felony they will not place a hold on them for deportation.  We can arrest an illegal alien for possession of marijuana, DWI, assault, trespassing, etc., and the current administration will do absolutely nothing about it.  I am not talking about rounding up people or stopping them based on race or anything else. I am talking about people that have lawful criminal charges filed against them and are already sitting in jail. 

Under the previous administration that was a straight ticket out. Under Obama nothing happens at all. 

3 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

Some are sent to a private detention center in Livingston

Check out tvc's response for how Obama has tied their hands locally.

At the Border they are caught, Border Patrol registers them, and lets them go, in AMERICA!!  They just get to give their name and info and stay in our country.  I've wondered what's the point of the Hwy Patrol being down there if they can't do anything.  Seems like a waste of money to me.  They should just let them all walk across the main bridge and save everyone money and time. 

14 hours ago, tvc184 said:

He can't repeal or add to any of it.  

Trump is not Congress. 

The only issue is if the House and Senate agree on a bill, will he sign it. He can give opinions behind the scenes or even openly but he can do nothing without Congress. 

I think that is going to be Obama's legacy, not working or compromising with Congress. He legislated, sometimes illegally, through executive order. Much of that will be undone by Trump with another executive order. 

If you don't get it past Congress, it is somewhat meaningless. 

It is not illegal to issue an executive order. The order has to be approved by the Supreme Court . The members of the court say yes or no. Geez. smh

4 hours ago, tvc184 said:

From my local law-enforcement standpoint I can tell you what has changed.  Under every president that I have worked, if a person is caught at the border he has turned around.  If the Border Patrol has caught more  people crossing under Obama, great. The democrats love to spit out the numbers on how many they're catching but that has to do with law-enforcement and not national policy. 

What has changed radically since Obama has taken office is that once they get past that little narrow border, they are left alone.  Local law-enforcement has many contacts with illegal aliens every day.  We can do absolutely nothing with them. Legally they can be held immediately with no other charges required however the current administration will not allow it.  Even if we catch a known illegal alien in a crime, if it is not a felony they will not place a hold on them for deportation.  We can arrest an illegal alien for possession of marijuana, DWI, assault, trespassing, etc., and the current administration will do absolutely nothing about it.  I am not talking about rounding up people or stopping them based on race or anything else. I am talking about people that have lawful criminal charges filed against them and are already sitting in jail. 

Under the previous administration that was a straight ticket out. Under Obama nothing happens at all. 

Yeah, right