Construction on wall to begin in March 2017

team first

16 hours ago, Big girl said:

It is not illegal to issue an executive order. The order has to be approved by the Supreme Court . The members of the court say yes or no. Geez. smh

Reading is FUNdamental (from the old tv commercials) so let's go back and read.

I said and as you quoted, Obama issued executives "sometimes illegally". I never said nor suggested that executive orders were illegal. Let's go back and review that quote from my post...... "He legislated, sometimes illegally, through executive order".

Several times the federal courts including the USSC have ruled that one of his orders was not legal and it was overturned.... or as I said, "sometimes"  they were illegal. 

EDIT: I forgot to add, an executive order does not have to be approved by the USSC. It only does that if someone files a lawsuit or restraining order to overturn it. Then it goes to a federal trial court, then if appeals to a circuit court and then if appealed to the USSC. An example was Obama's executive order keeping illegal aliens in the country simply on his order, overturning legislation. The trial court/judge in TX ruled against Obama stopping the order. Obama appealed to the 5th Circuit in New Orleans and lost again. He then appealed to the USSC and since Scalia had recently passed away, came to a 4-4 time thereby upholding the 5th Circuit ruling. They had to go through the steps just as any other person filing a lawsuit. 

The USSC does not interfere with executive orders unless asked to do so just as in any other case. I have no idea where you got the idea that executive orders have to be approved by the USSC and the justices say yes or no. That simply does not happen unless there is a lawsuit filed and normally that does not happen to most executive orders.  

I believe that Trump will go forward with everything he said he would do. A Wall, fence, more Border Patrol Agents...Whatever it takes!!! Mexico will assist in paying for some of these improvements, don't forget Trump has already made a trip to Mexico, and the meeting went well...anybody that lives in this country and thinks illegal immigration is something to roll on the floor laughing about should have their head examined!

Source -Washington Post:Trump built his campaign message around bold vows to, among other things, force Mexico to pay for a massive border wall, fully repeal the Affordable Care Act and ban Muslims from entering the United States. But in the days since his upset election victory, he or his advisers have suggested that those proposals and others may be subject to revision.

Hmmm? Are Trump's advisers politicians?

On 11/13/2016 at 5:00 AM, JWB said:

I believe that Trump will go forward with everything he said he would do. A Wall, fence, more Border Patrol Agents...Whatever it takes!!! Mexico will assist in paying for some of these improvements, don't forget Trump has already made a trip to Mexico, and the meeting went well...anybody that lives in this country and thinks illegal immigration is something to roll on the floor laughing about should have their head examined!

Lets see, 3-4 million estimated illegals in country. Hire an extra 150-170 new Border agents.

Look at all the sales tax this country lose.

Some School districts lose funding.

I could go on. So we continue to build a wall and they make tunnels underground to bring them back in.  Let's have some common sense people.  Do the math!!

4 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Lets see, 3-4 million estimated illegals in country. Hire an extra 150-170 new Border agents.

I could go on. So we continue to build a wall and they make tunnels underground to bring them back in.  Let's have some common sense people.  Do the math!!

sometimes you have to go thru suffering to make things better

I'm just using Hardin-Jefferson (HJ) as an example here. Lets say HJ have 100 kids who are legal in their school district and their parents are illegal and shipped back. Thats 100 students HJ loses. Thats a lot of tax revenue lost because of enrollment. Now, you lay off teachers, and the rice farmers have to do their own work. And Steve Nash's time is now limited on S.E.Texas .

2 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

I'm just using Hardin-Jefferson (HJ) as an example here. Lets say HJ have 100 kids who are legal in their school district and their parents are illegal and shipped back. Thats 100 students HJ loses. Thats a lot of tax revenue lost because of enrollment. Now, you lay off teachers, and the rice farmers have to do their own work. And Steve Nash's time is now limited on S.E.Texas .

Like I said a lil suffering will be better for the country.     Rice farmers can hire the teachers that were laid off.  Everybody needs to do some physical labor at some point in their life preferably the earlier the better......better appreciation for the dollar bill they just worked for.

9 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Like I said a lil suffering will be better for the country.     Rice farmers can hire the teachers that were laid off.  Everybody needs to do some physical labor at some point in their life preferably the earlier the better......better appreciation for the dollar bill they just worked for.

Alternative (right wing) reality

52 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Source -Washington Post:Trump built his campaign message around bold vows to, among other things, force Mexico to pay for a massive border wall, fully repeal the Affordable Care Act and ban Muslims from entering the United States. But in the days since his upset election victory, he or his advisers have suggested that those proposals and others may be subject to revision.

Hmmm? Are Trump's advisers politicians?

Dove- does this remind you of " The average annual health care premium will decline by $2500"?    

My point is twofold; 1.  It would appear that if he softens his stance against a program or two that was instituted by your crowd, this is known as reaching out( you might not understand that because it hasn't been done in 8 years) 2.  If you don't understand it yet, the government CANNOT control the price of anything in the long run.  Every time the government gets involved, the price of the product or service goes up, the quality goes down, accountability disappears, and the new part of the ever expanding bureaucracy that was added in order to oversee this rising price and quality decline, has, in itself, a bunch of additional costs.  I would like to ask, however, why this potentially troubles you since the obamacare DEBACLE does not?

3 hours ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Funny you talk finances. You ever seen an illegal use a debit card? Heck no, that's traceable income....and you worry about sales tax?