Port Arthur Memorial vs Vidor

Seadog

17 minutes ago, thaghost said:

I have no "buddy's" here. The whole point of MY post was simply that our DB's are no strangers to tackling, and tackling ALOT. You'll see for yourself in less than 48. While we're on the subject, how ready are your DB's to do some tackling and chasing? 

17 minutes ago, thaghost said:

I have no "buddy's" here. The whole point of MY post was simply that our DB's are no strangers to tackling, and tackling ALOT. You'll see for yourself in less than 48. While we're on the subject, how ready are your DB's to do some tackling and chasing? 

Dude if you had read any of my post you would know that I have given PAM plenty of respect just as Vidors team has in preparing for this game. I am not gonna bow at the PAM alter for you. I am not the one bragging on my DB's. Our DB's will do the best they can do. Sorry you don't have any buddies here.

16 minutes ago, robanadana said:

Here's how the game will go. If we win the coin toss, we will take the ball. If we can drive on you and score it's gonna be a great football game because we're gonna take at least 4 - 6 minutes off the clock doing it. Your offense will have minimal touches on the ball. If we drive and you stop us short of scoring it's still gonna be a decent game but we have to get some key stops on defense. If we can't move the ball on you, it will be a long night. You have the athlete edge. We have the coaching edge. Good luck to both teams...no injuries...get ready for the playoffs.

Great analysis.  I agree 100+%.  And as you said, good luck to both and no injuries.  

20 minutes ago, robanadana said:

Here's how the game will go. If we win the coin toss, we will take the ball. If we can drive on you and score it's gonna be a great football game because we're gonna take at least 4 - 6 minutes off the clock doing it. Your offense will have minimal touches on the ball. If we drive and you stop us short of scoring it's still gonna be a decent game but we have to get some key stops on defense. If we can't move the ball on you, it will be a long night. You have the athlete edge. We have the coaching edge. Good luck to both teams...no injuries...get ready for the playoffs.

Nope...here's how the game will go.

1. Vidor has been watering its field, putting out Miracle Grow, and not cutting the grass.  The field looks like a cow pasture with grass 18 inches tall.  Coach Matthews will do anything to slow down PAM's #25.  That's a good plan.

2. Regardless of the knee high grass, PAM will spread the field and find a match up it likes on the O-line versus Vidor's D-line.  #25 will find that match up and run to daylight.  The Pirates better get 11-defenders to #25.  If he gets to the edge, it's 6-points.  I don't know how fast #25 is in the 40 yard dash, but in full pads he is plenty fast enough. PAM will throw the ball sideways.  Take a chance and load the box to stop #25.  Make PAM throw the ball.  Who knows?  Maybe the PAM WRs get lost in the knee high grass and cant' find the football?

3. Vidor will try student body right and student body left and PAM's D-line and LBs will be there.  Vidor will try the toss sweep, and PAM will be there.  Vidor will try the misdirection play with both the QB and the TB, and PAM will chase it down.  Vidor will try a pass to the TE or the RB out in the flats and PAM's DBs will not be fooled by the play action and misdirection of the Pirate QB.  I know you want to burn the clock, but 3 yards and a cloud of dust will be difficult against the size and speed of PAM's defense.  Nonetheless, the Pirates should do what they do.  Keep pounding the ball and tell the clock operator to be a tad slow on the stop button.  Keep the clock moving.

Good luck to both teams.  Play hard for 48 minutes and add up the score at the end.  No injuries.

Go Indians.  Peace.

56 minutes ago, Realville said:

Dude if you had read any of my post you would know that I have given PAM plenty of respect just as Vidors team has in preparing for this game. I am not gonna bow at the PAM alter for you. I am not the one bragging on my DB's. Our DB's will do the best they can do. Sorry you don't have any buddies here.

That first sentence in bold makes me scratch my head. I don't recall ask, requesting, demanding that you or anyone else "bow" for any thing. AGAIN, I simply rebutted the statement that YOU made about our  DB's having to tackle and tackle often. How dare me for  thinking that I had an opinion. Second sentence, where was this so called "bragging?" I simply asked will your teams DB's be ready to do the same. 

Uuuumm I doubt Vidor has a coaching edge as one poster said , now I know a few PAM posters give Kenny a hard time but other than Newman I don't think no other coach in this district would have a " edge " , btw out of 16 long years dosent Mathews posses a losing record LMAO , yeah some coaching edge..smh

1 hour ago, 1989NDN said:

Nope...here's how the game will go.

1. Vidor has been watering its field, putting out Miracle Grow, and not cutting the grass.  The field looks like a cow pasture with grass 18 inches tall.  Coach Matthews will do anything to slow down PAM's #25.  That's a good plan.

2. Regardless of the knee high grass, PAM will spread the field and find a match up it likes on the O-line versus Vidor's D-line.  #25 will find that match up and run to daylight.  The Pirates better get 11-defenders to #25.  If he gets to the edge, it's 6-points.  I don't know how fast #25 is in the 40 yard dash, but in full pads he is plenty fast enough. PAM will throw the ball sideways.  Take a chance and load the box to stop #25.  Make PAM throw the ball.  Who knows?  Maybe the PAM WRs get lost in the knee high grass and cant' find the football?

3. Vidor will try student body right and student body left and PAM's D-line and LBs will be there.  Vidor will try the toss sweep, and PAM will be there.  Vidor will try the misdirection play with both the QB and the TB, and PAM will chase it down.  Vidor will try a pass to the TE or the RB out in the flats and PAM's DBs will not be fooled by the play action and misdirection of the Pirate QB.  I know you want to burn the clock, but 3 yards and a cloud of dust will be difficult against the size and speed of PAM's defense.  Nonetheless, the Pirates should do what they do.  Keep pounding the ball and tell the clock operator to be a tad slow on the stop button.  Keep the clock moving.

Good luck to both teams.  Play hard for 48 minutes and add up the score at the end.  No injuries.

Go Indians.  Peace.

Lol, this sounds like the voice of experience talking - Like Ned has pulled this on the Indians before.  Gotta watch them Bulldogs.  Devious.

7 hours ago, Seadog said:

I think both teams will score at least 42 points each with it being a close ball game. If for some reason the game gets out of hand ,then starters may get pulled .

lol you have got to be kidding me I don't see Vidor putting up more that 14 at best if they do that is a miracle in itself, wishful thinking though!

8 hours ago, thaghost said:

That first sentence in bold makes me scratch my head. I don't recall ask, requesting, demanding that you or anyone else "bow" for any thing. AGAIN, I simply rebutted the statement that YOU made about our  DB's having to tackle and tackle often. How dare me for  thinking that I had an opinion. Second sentence, where was this so called "bragging?" I simply asked will your teams DB's be ready to do the same. 

I think someone needs a hug! Regardless who wins , life goes on. Hopefully both teams come out of this game injury free for the playoffs.

I'm just pointed out that all vidor fans are predicting a win. Ok I don't wanna hear the, but we only lost by... If it wasn't for this or that.... PAM will score fast win at the line of scrimmage and stop vidor run game. As I said before Vidor should be more concerned with PAM running not the other way around.

20 hours ago, Seadog said:

I keep hearing PAM fans say " If we can handle LPs running offense then we can handle Vidors".
Well, I don't agree with that statement. A few years back i can remember Clear Brook taking a good LaPorte team to overtime despite their running offense. The very next week Vidor trounced Clear Brook because Clear Brook could not stop Vidors offense. LaPorte went on to a 9-2 record that year which included a win over PAM. It is a different animal

That's funny. Truly funny. Lp is a playoff team every year in 6a. Vidor??? We beat central  who had a claim for district champs and lost to Ozen. Teams progress as the season goes. Is vidor the same team that got donkey slapped by BH. 

They say they aren't and they say they will win, I find it comical. They act like PAM s defense cant tackle, man I wish it wasn't MCM this week or I would go watch this game just to see how bad it will be. All PAM has to do is load the box, contain the edge and make the qb cut inside the tackles, game over! Vidors Defense cant stop PAM, The only one who can stop
PAM is PAM making mistakes!

All u Pam posters do u realize that every game is different u can't judge a future game from a game u played last week...if u want to look at last week's game..Lee marched down and scored 7 on ur #1 defense...in the 1 quarter ..now Lee didn't score on Vidor  till all the starters were pulled..in the 3 quarter..Pirates also had 42 in second quarter...To say Pirates can't win now that's comical...

1 hour ago, PAMFAM10 said:

I'm just pointed out that all vidor fans are predicting a win. Ok I don't wanna hear the, but we only lost by... If it wasn't for this or that.... PAM will score fast win at the line of scrimmage and stop vidor run game. As I said before Vidor should be more concerned with PAM running not the other way around.

Want hear no excuses from me. PAM is the overwhelming favorite. If Vidor can't run the ball it will be a blowout. Hines will get his yards but hopefully we don't give up to many big plays.

15 hours ago, robanadana said:

Your 1st drive at Nederland took 10 minutes off the clock.