New Caney 28 Porter 7/FINAL

WOSgrad

Observations:

Does parking just seem so much worse at Texan Drive this year?

New Caney crowd seemed a bit underwhelming and Porter's looked huge. 

New Caney's interior lineman keeping Hall from being able to step up in the pocket was huge. 

Porter had 2 possessions down 13 to 7 and just couldn't quite get over the hump and New Caney made the plays needed to close it out.

Very intense game with both teams playing well and New Caney showed to be a very complete football team. 

Porter's defense played well for how much they were on the field seemed to wear down a little bit towards the end, but really got after it after the first two drives.

I don't know why but I expected New Caney to pass more and test the secondary.

20 minutes ago, Lightning/Eagle said:

Looks like Porter had a total of 69 yards of offense for the game. Only 1 first down in first half that came on a penalty. Allison had over 160 rushing yards.

Seems like aporter did a good job on containing Cooper in the run game, 22 carries for 52 yards of which some were obviously pass attempts he pulled down. Looks like it was 13-7 half way through the 4th quarter. My opinion is that whoever's defense has the least lapses wins the game next week. 

9 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Seems like aporter did a good job on containing Cooper in the run game, 22 carries for 52 yards of which some were obviously pass attempts he pulled down. Looks like it was 13-7 half way through the 4th quarter. My opinion is that whoever's defense has the least lapses wins the game next week. 

I agree, Crosby has a more balanced offense than Porter. NC basically took Carney out of the game by double teaming him with a linebacker. Crosby's ability to run will keep that from happening. Both defenses will have to play honest as both teams can run and throw. Hope it's as good a game as last year and both teams are healthy afterwards for the playoffs.