2016 SETXsports Playoff Central Capsule

WOSgrad

12-6A

Who's in: The Woodlands (4280) (5-0) will be the Division I #1 seed and will host a bi-district game. Beaumont West Brook (2495) (4-1) will be the Division II #1 seed and will host a bi-district game against either Tyler John Tyler or Longview. Montgomery (2511.5)(3-2) will be the Division I #2 seed and Lufkin (2198) (3-2) will be the Division II #2 seed.

Bi-District (11-6A): Tyler John Tyler and Longview have both clinched Division II playoff spots. Tyler has the tiebreaker over Longview via a 38-24 win so they will get the #1 seed unless they lose to Tyler Lee (who is 0-6 in district) and Longview wins against Mesquite.

Division I is a bit dicier as Rockwall (2424)(4-2) holds 3rd place and the Division I, #1 seed and will clinch it if they beat North Mesquite on Friday. If not, there is the possibility of a 3 way tie for 3rd between Rockwall, North Mesquite and the winner of the Rockwall-Heath/Mesquite Horn game.

21-6A

This week's key games: Baytown Sterling at Channelview, Humble Summer Creek at Galena Park North Shore

Who's in: Galena Park North Shore (6-0) (4619) has clinched the Division I #1 seed.  Atascocita (5-1) (3492) has clinched the Division I #2 seed.  Kingwood (2693.5) (4-3) has clinched a Division II berth.

Who's in the hunt: Baytown Sterling (2547) (3-3), Channelview (2610) (3-3)

This week's scenarios:  The winner of the Baytown Sterling/Channelview game will claim the final Division II berth.

Bi-District Standings (22-6A):  La Porte (2329) (5-0) has wrapped up the Division II #1 seed.  Pasadena Memorial (3221) (4-1) and Deer Park (4087) (4-1) have clinched Division I spots and will play Friday to see who is the #1 seed.  South Houston (3-3) has clinched the Division II #2 seed.

21-5A

Who's in: New Caney (1706.5) (7-0) will be the Division I #1 seed. Porter (1787.5) (6-1) will be the Division I #2 seed. Crosby (1668) (6-1) will be the Division II #1 seed. Barbers Hill (5-2) (1527) will be the Division II #2 seed.

Bi-District Standings: See 22-5A

22-5A

This week's key games: Beaumont Central at Baytown Lee, Beaumont Ozen at Livingston, Nederland at Port Neches-Groves, Port Arthur Memorial at Vidor

Who's in: Port Arthur Memorial (2098) (7-0) has clinched a Division I spot.  Vidor (1414.5) (6-1) has clinched a Division II playoff spot. Port Neches-Groves (1447) (6-1) has clinched a playoff spot which will be Division II if Nederland or Beaumont Central earn the final spot and Division I if Livingston earns the final spot.  If positive points are used Port Arthur Memorial clinches the Division I #1 seed with a win over Vidor or a Port Neches-Groves loss to Nederland.  Vidor can clinch the Division II #1 seed if they win and Port Neches-Groves loses to Nederland or if Livingston earns the final spot.  Port Neches-Groves, if Division I can earn the #1 seed by a win and a Memorial loss to Vidor which could throw the the top district spot into positive points which would give the edge to Port Neches-Groves over Memorial.  If the Indians are Division II they will earn the #1 seed with a win or a Vidor loss.

This week's scenarios: Nederland (1596) (4-3) can clinch a Division I #2 seed with a win over Port Neches-Groves or a Livingston loss to Beaumont Ozen. Beaumont Central (1471) can clinch a Division I #2 seed with a win, a Nederland loss and a Livingston win.  Livingston can clinch a Division II #2 seed with a win, a Nederland loss and a Central loss.

Bi-District Standings: See 21-5A

10-4A-I

Who's in: Bridge City (4-0) has clinched the #1 seed.  Silsbee (3-1) has clinched the #2 seed.  Little Cypress-Mauriceville and Navasota have clinched playoff spots and play Friday with the winner getting the #3 seed and the loser the #4 seed.

Bi-District (9-4A-I):  Kilgore 4-1, Henderson 4-1, Center 4-2, Carthage 3-2 have all clinched playoff spots.  Kilgore will clinch the #1 seed with a win or a Henderson loss and a Carthage win. Henderson can clinch the #1 seed with a win and a Kilgore loss or a loss, a Kilgore loss and a Carthage loss.  Carthage can gain the #3 seed with a win over Tyler Chapel Hill.  Otherwise, Center will be the #3 seed.

8-4A-II

Who's in: Jasper (3-0) will be the #1 seed.  Tatum (2-1) will be the #2 seed.  Rusk (2-2) will be the #3 seed.  Diboll (1-2) will be the #4 seed.

Bi-District (7-4A-II): Gilmer (4-0) had clinched the #1 seed. Gladewater (3-1) can clinch the #2 seed with a win over Pleasant Grove.  Pittsburg (2-2) has clinched a playoff spot.  Pleasant Grove (2-2) can clinch a playoff spot with a win or a loss and a Pittsburg or Atlanta loss.  Atlanta can still get a spot if they win, Pleasant Grove loses and Pittsburg wins.

11-4A-II

Who's in: Bellville (3-0) and Shepherd (3-0) play for the #1 seed on Friday with the loser getting the #2 seed.  Madisonville (1-2) and Tarkington (1-2) play for the #3 seed with the loser getting the #4 seed

Bi-District Standings: See 12-4A-II

12-4A-II

This week's games: West Orange-Stark at Orangefield, Hardin-Jefferson at Hamshire-Fannett

Who's in: West Orange-Stark (3-0) can get the #1 seed with a win over Orangefield.  Otherwise, WO-S will be the #2 seed.  Orangefield (2-1) can gain the #1 with a win over WO-S.  Otherwise, they can finish no better than #3.  Liberty (2-2) can get the #2 seed with a WO-S win over Orangefield.  Otherwise, they can finish no better than #3.

Who's in the hunt: Hardin-Jefferson (1-2) can claim a playoff seed as high as #3 with a win over Hamshire-Fannett. Hamshire-Fannett (0-3) will claim the #4 seed with a win over Hardin-Jefferson.

11-3A-I

This week's key games: Kirbyville at Buna, Coldspring-Oakhurst at Woodville

Who's in: Woodville (5-0) can clinch a #1 seed with a win over Coldspring-Oakhust or a loss by less that 13 and a Buna win over Kirbyville. Buna (4-1) can clinch the #2 seed with a win over Kirbyville.  Otherwise, they can do no better than the #3 seed. Coldspring-Oakhurst (4-1) can claim the #1 seed with a win and a Kirbyville win or a win of 13 or more and a Buna win.  Otherwise, they can finish no better either #2 or #3. Kirbyville (3-2) can move up to the #2 seed with a win by more than 20 over Buna and Woodville win over Coldspring-Oakhurst.  They can get the #3 seed with a win and Coldspring win or a win by 9 or more and a Woodville win.  Otherwise, they will be the #4 seed.

Bi-District Standings: See 12-3A-I

12-3A-I

This week's games: Hitchcock at La Marque, Hempstead at Hardin, Anahuac at East Chambers

Who's in: Hitchcock (4-0) can clinch the the #1 seed with a win over La Marque or a La Marque win by less than 17 points and a Hempstead win.  Hempstead.  Hempstead (3-1) can clinch the #2 seed with a win over Hardin or a La Marque loss to Hitchcock.  Otherwise they will be #3.  La Marque (3-1) can clinch the #1 seed with a win over Hitchcock by 18 points or more or a win and a Hempstead loss to Hardin or a win.  Otherwise they can finish no better than #2.

Who's in the hunt: East Chambers (1-3) and Anahuac (1-3) play Friday with the winner gettting the #4 seed.

Bi-District Standings: See 11-3A-I

10-3A-II

This week's key games: Garrison at Corrigan-Camden, Hemphill at Crockett

Who's in: Newton (4-0) has clinched the #1 seed.  Crockett (3-1) can clinch the #2 seed with a win over Hemphill or a Garrison loss to Corrigan-Camden. Garrison (3-1) can clinch a #2 seed with a win over Corrigan-Camden and a Crockett loss to Hemphill.  Otherwise, they will be no better than #3.  Corrigan-Camden (2-2) can get the #3 seed with a win over Garrison. Otherwise, they will be #4.

Bi-District Standings (9-3A-II): Elysian Fields (5-0) had clinched the #1 seed.  Arp (5-1) has clinched the #2 seed. West Rusk (3-2) has clinched the #3 seed. Waskom (2-3) can clinch the #4 spot with a win over Harleton or a Troup loss to Elysian Fields. Troup (2-3) needs a win over Elysian Fields and a Waskom loss to claim the #4 spot.

11-2A-I

This week's key games: Alto at Shelbyville, Price Carlisle at San Augustine

Who's in: Price Carlisle (4-0) has clinched the #1 seed. Joaquin (3-1) has clinched the #2 seed.  San Augustine (2-2) has clinched at least a #3 seed.

Who's in the hunt: Alto (2-2) can clinch the #3 spot with a win over Shelbyville or a loss of less than 11 and a San Augustine loss. Shelbyville (1-3) can clinch the #4 seed with a win by 11 points are more.

Bi-District Standings: See 12-2A-I

12-2A-I

This week's games: Deweyville at Centerville, Groveton at Lovelady, West Hardin at West Sabine

Who's in: Groveton (4-0) can clinch the #1 seed with a win over Lovelady or a loss of less of 6 points or less and a Centerville win.  Otherwise, they can be no better than #2. Centerville (3-1) can clinch the #1 seed with a win and Lovelady win of no less than 7 but no more than 9 points. Otherwise, they'll be no better than #2. Lovelady (3-1) can clinch the #1 seed with a win of over 10 over Groveton or a win and a Deweyville win over Centerville. 

Who's in the hunt: West Sabine (1-3) can clinch a #4 seed with a win with a win over West Hardin.  Deweyville (1-3) can clinch a #4 seed with a West Sabine loss to West Hardin.

Bi-District Standings: See 11-2A-II

12-2A-II

This week's key games: Iola at Hull-Daisetta, Sabine Pass at Evadale

Who's in: Hull-Daisetta (4-0) can clinch the #1 seed with a win over Iola or a loss by no less than 2 points.  Otherwise, they can do no better than #2 Evadale (3-1) can claim the #1 seed with a win over Sabine Pass and an Iola win of 12 points or less over Hull-Daisetta.  Iola (3-1)  can clinch a #1 seed with a win of over 13 points over Hull-Daisetta or a win and a Sabine Pass win.  Sabine Pass (2-2) can claim a #3 seed with win of 14 or more over Evadale or a win and a Iola win.

Bi-District Standings (11-2A-II): Tenaha (4-0) has clinched the #1 seed. Overton (3-1) can clinch the #2 seed with a win over Wortham or a Timpson loss to Tenaha. Timpson (3-1) can clinch the #2 seed with a win over Tenaha and an Overton loss.  Otherwise, they will be #3.  Grapeland (1-3) can clinch the #4 spot with a win over Mount Enterprise or a Wortham loss to Overton. Wortham (1-3) needs to win over Overton and a Grapeland loss to Mount Enterprise to gain the #4 spot.

16-1A-I

This week's key game: Leverett's Chapel at Apple Springs

Who's in: Gilmer Union Hill (3-0) has clinched the #1 seed.

Who's in the hunt: , Leverett's Chapel (2-1) can clinch the #2 seed with a win over Apple Springs (1-2). High Island (2-2) can gain the #2 seed with a Leverett's Chapel loss to Apple Springs.

Bi-District Standings (15-1A-I): Tioga and Savoy will be the seeds with the two playing each other for the #1 seed.

21 minutes ago, WildcatBacker said:

A little extra info on your 11 3A-I scenarios...if what I've heard is true and only positive points matter, then Kirbyville could get the #2 spot if we beat Buna by more than 12, and Woodville beats Coldspring. If total points count though then we could still get the #2 spot, we'd just have to win by 20.

Here is how I figured it.  If Woodville and Kirbyville win. That will force a 3 way tie for 2nd with Coldspring, Buna and Kirbyville all being at 4-2.  All teams will have beaten each other once and lost to each other.  Now under the points, Coldspring currently sits at +7 (12 point win over Kirbyville, 5 point loss to Buna), Buna sits at +5 (5 point win over Coldspring) and Kirbyville at -12 (12 point loss to Coldspring).  You are correct that by the margins of victory if Kirbyville beats Buna by 20 or more that they can claim the #2 seed as they would sit at +8, Coldspring +7 and Buna -15 and I need to edit mine to reflect that.

I must confess, though, that I have not seen the scenario in which a Kirbyville win by 12 would get them the #2 seed.  If you could pm me with those calculations, I would appreciate it.

27 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Here is how I figured it.  If Woodville and Kirbyville win. That will force a 3 way tie for 2nd with Coldspring, Buna and Kirbyville all being at 4-2.  All teams will have beaten each other once and lost to each other.  Now under the points, Coldspring currently sits at +7 (12 point win over Kirbyville, 5 point loss to Buna), Buna sits at +5 (5 point win over Coldspring) and Kirbyville at -12 (12 point loss to Coldspring).  You are correct that by the margins of victory if Kirbyville beats Buna by 20 or more that they can claim the #2 seed as they would sit at +8, Coldspring +7 and Buna -15 and I need to edit mine to reflect that.

I must confess, though, that I have not seen the scenario in which a Kirbyville win by 12 would get them the #2 seed.  If you could pm me with those calculations, I would appreciate it.

I'm with you actually. It's always been my understanding that the win margin combined with the loss margin of the teams in the 3 way tie was what decided who got what. But I was commenting on another topic on here and someone (I can't remember who) commented they heard it was new that the tie breakers were only going to consider the win margins, not the losses. And so since CS had won by 12, that would put us needing to win by more than 12. I'm pretty sure though that win AND loss margins count.