IMG Recruiting Crosby Player

Guest Aledoalumni

16 hours ago, CCRed said:

They moved after the previous football year, went to school at Crosby the next semester, went to summer workouts and off-season, and the King coach refused to sign their transfer papers.  So, since they had future football offers, they went back to King to not jeopardize that.  They also were moving from one parents house to the other parent.  I guess they forgot to check with you first.  

Sounds like Coach Price to me!

14 hours ago, CougarCal said:

I got divorced when my son was a junior in high school.  Ish happens.  When I was weighing my options of retiring or staying in the Navy, Aledo had nothing to with acedemics.  People do what they think will get their kid the most exposure.  That's why you don't get many move ins farther down 90 in Dayton!

Used to happen often. Had a great athlete move from Humble to Dayton in 08 that helped Dayton get to the finals. Also some nice athletes from Crosby came to Dayton. To your point though it has not been very common for a while.

Guest Aledoalumni
18 hours ago, dBerrySports said:

Didn't Aledo get a kid from out of state for this season? I'm not saying he was recruited, but stop trying to shame a kid or make him seem unworthy of their old community if he wants to go to a school like IMG. It's their choice.

They can't win the state championship in FL, and they shouldn't have the chance to. But they play a schedule comparable to just about any in the country. They play for the national championship I guess. And they take those supreme athletes on because, if they turn out to be pro prospects, they'll go back to IMG for combine training and will go back during their career in the offseasons. All educated guesses on my part.

Wanted to add another point. A kid wanting to leave a school for whatever reason is up to the family. I get it. Trying to better the kids academics or athletics to prepare them for college is one thing. I dont necessarily agree with kids solely leaving to get better exposure for sports but whatever, it happens. Heck, Aledo has benefited from families moving here. No denying that. Also we have lost athletes to other programs because they werent going to get as much playing time. If you dont want to put in the work and buy into the culture then we dont need you. Thats what I'm saying. But to recruit a kid the way the IMG coach did was shady as hell. Also recruiting gets thrown around programs during every offseason but my question is why dont kids/parents do what this Crosby player did? Screen shot the attempt and make it public knowledge. Let the UIL know that a program is breaking the rules. Because it doesnt happen that way as much as people want to believe. 

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 8:53 AM, Cougar14.2 said:

I understand that you have to stoop to pretty low depths to be contacting kids during the season but I wonder what the end game is IMG? Just to be able to say we're the best at getting kids ready for college? You don't even have a chance to win a state title at IMG and if you have good crowd at one of the home games you might get 1,000 people. How does IMG actually benefit if the athletes are recruited and go to school for free? Do they feel they can steer kids towards their sports agency once they're able to turn pro? I guess if kids are willing to leave Allen's program there must be something to it though.   

My son played baseball with greer Holston from Mississippi when we lived there.  IMG plucked him during summer practice from a high school called St. Stanislaus his mom mysteriously got a great job down there a week before greer transferred lol.  I hate a school that recruits

52 minutes ago, dBerrySports said:

I don't think UIL can do anything about a school like IMG recruiting. I don't see an issue that IMG reached out to the kid, my issue is more about when they did it. I think they could have waited until the offseason. Just my opinion. Recruiting happens. It is what it is.

I think Dayton has something to do with it

2 hours ago, jabu84 said:

I understand how Texas coaches feel. From my experiences work for a nation wide prep school. Its just part of the business to recruit players in-season. I cant mad at the IMG coach.

No difference really, most of Gorman's studs come from Cali. BG is an actual private school and gets to play for state championships though, IMG is strictly for sports development. 

On 10/13/2016 at 7:31 PM, CCRed said:

They moved after the previous football year, went to school at Crosby the next semester, went to summer workouts and off-season, and the King coach refused to sign their transfer papers.  So, since they had future football offers, they went back to King to not jeopardize that.  They also were moving from one parents house to the other parent.  I guess they forgot to check with you first.  

Na, I agree with OctFeb, that situation was certainly shady. 

On 10/13/2016 at 6:39 AM, Octfeb said:

Lol. Nope.. No axes to grind.. Some folks over at King see it differently. But I guess they are wrong. You Crosby folks who think your right about any and all things are right... Ill believe what they said at King.. 

This didn't have anything to do with the "be great academy" did it? Think I heard this story.