IMG Recruiting Crosby Player

Guest Aledoalumni

I understand that you have to stoop to pretty low depths to be contacting kids during the season but I wonder what the end game is IMG? Just to be able to say we're the best at getting kids ready for college? You don't even have a chance to win a state title at IMG and if you have good crowd at one of the home games you might get 1,000 people. How does IMG actually benefit if the athletes are recruited and go to school for free? Do they feel they can steer kids towards their sports agency once they're able to turn pro? I guess if kids are willing to leave Allen's program there must be something to it though.   

2 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I understand that you have to stoop to pretty low depths to be contacting kids during the season but I wonder what the end game is IMG? Just to be able to say we're the best at getting kids ready for college? You don't even have a chance to win a state title at IMG and if you have good crowd at one of the home games you might get 1,000 people. How does IMG actually benefit if the athletes are recruited and go to school for free? Do they feel they can steer kids towards their sports agency once they're able to turn pro? I guess if kids are willing to leave Allen's program there must be something to it though.   

IMG is a great opportunity. I wouldn't blame Craig Williams if he leaves. I'm sure that if any of Crosby coaches got an offer to coach at a better program or on the college level they would leave in a heart beat. I would still be a fan of both.

I do not agree or disagree with what IMG is doing other then the fact of going after a kid during his season. Let him finish his season and talk to him. Kids have enough to deal with during the season.

IMG for the kids is about winning and getting to the next level.  That is just my opinion though.

Guest Aledoalumni

IMG is shady. If a kid wants to leave their community then so be it. Dont need those types of kids anyway. Its about the team. Kids at Aledo have played out of position for the betterment of the team. Prime example from this year, our all-state o-lineman is playing defensive tackle for us because we needed him to help the defense. Big props for the Crosby kid to shut down that slimy coach and program. Keep Texas talent in Texas. 

3 minutes ago, WinterIsComing1 said:

IMG is shady. If a kid wants to leave their community then so be it. Dont need those types of kids anyway. Its about the team. Kids at Aledo have played out of position for the betterment of the team. Prime example from this year, our all-state o-lineman is playing defensive tackle for us because we needed him to help the defense. Big props for the Crosby kid to shut down that slimy coach and program. Keep Texas talent in Texas. 

I may be dumb for asking this but whats the difference between IMG and Bishop G?

1 hour ago, CougarCal said:

Not at all, kids lived in Newport, but unlike Nederland when there was an issue with the kids playing, they didn't.  Shocking kids would move in to a different town I know.  

So.. Why did they have to go back to King? Moving to Crosby had nothing to do with athletics at all then right? Kids who have lived at King their whole lives. In their Junior Senior year decide to move just a few miles away because their family wanted to.. Got it.. 

1 hour ago, Octfeb said:

So.. Why did they have to go back to King? Moving to Crosby had nothing to do with athletics at all then right? Kids who have lived at King their whole lives. In their Junior Senior year decide to move just a few miles away because their family wanted to.. Got it.. 

They moved after the previous football year, went to school at Crosby the next semester, went to summer workouts and off-season, and the King coach refused to sign their transfer papers.  So, since they had future football offers, they went back to King to not jeopardize that.  They also were moving from one parents house to the other parent.  I guess they forgot to check with you first.  

1 hour ago, Octfeb said:

You really have an ax to grind with crosby.  Throw all common sense out a window to grind that ax too.  Must be frustrating.

8 hours ago, WinterIsComing1 said:

Didn't Aledo get a kid from out of state for this season? I'm not saying he was recruited, but stop trying to shame a kid or make him seem unworthy of their old community if he wants to go to a school like IMG. It's their choice.

They can't win the state championship in FL, and they shouldn't have the chance to. But they play a schedule comparable to just about any in the country. They play for the national championship I guess. And they take those supreme athletes on because, if they turn out to be pro prospects, they'll go back to IMG for combine training and will go back during their career in the offseasons. All educated guesses on my part.

3 hours ago, Octfeb said:

I got divorced when my son was a junior in high school.  Ish happens.  When I was weighing my options of retiring or staying in the Navy, Aledo had nothing to with acedemics.  People do what they think will get their kid the most exposure.  That's why you don't get many move ins farther down 90 in Dayton!

10 hours ago, Coug88 said:

You really have an ax to grind with crosby.  Throw all common sense out a window to grind that ax too.  Must be frustrating.

Lol. Nope.. No axes to grind.. Some folks over at King see it differently. But I guess they are wrong. You Crosby folks who think your right about any and all things are right... Ill believe what they said at King.. 

18 minutes ago, Octfeb said:

Lol. Nope.. No axes to grind.. Some folks over at King see it differently. But I guess they are wrong. You Crosby folks who think your right about any and all things are right... Ill believe what they said at King.. 

Well of course King saw it differently.  How are they doing this year(asking for a friend)?

Guest Aledoalumni
11 hours ago, dBerrySports said:

Didn't Aledo get a kid from out of state for this season? I'm not saying he was recruited, but stop trying to shame a kid or make him seem unworthy of their old community if he wants to go to a school like IMG. It's their choice.

They can't win the state championship in FL, and they shouldn't have the chance to. But they play a schedule comparable to just about any in the country. They play for the national championship I guess. And they take those supreme athletes on because, if they turn out to be pro prospects, they'll go back to IMG for combine training and will go back during their career in the offseasons. All educated guesses on my part.

http://titletowntx.com/?play=UmOrsmGZ

3 hours ago, Octfeb said:

How's that ax?  Pure bitterness.