LAST TIME DAYTON AND NEDERLAND MISSED PLAYOFFS

CougarCal

3 minutes ago, Octfeb said:

A LONG TIME!  Just adding to the wounds huh Cougarcal? classy.. I feel bad for all the kids... 

I'm talking combined, both teams, not trying to be salty but I was just sitting here thinking about that.  Both teams seem to always find a way, next week is huge for both of them.

I feel sorry for the Nederland kids. I don't feel sorry for Neumann and his staff along with the school board. Leadership starts at the top and the top would be the superintendent of the school and the AD. If you know there is a question with a child playing, you don't play that child. This happens when the will to win surpasses good judgment. Good lesson to everyone.

5 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but realistically doesn't Dayton need to Win out to make the playoffs? 

Like a loss to Porter or Crosby would be 1-4 in District. Do we think a 4 district loss team will make the playoffs? 

Dayton could get in with 4 losses, but they would need a TON of help.

Dayt last missed the playoffs in 1995,Stewart HC came in 1996-2010,AD 2011-2015=20 yrs straight,10 dist titles.We had to get some help in 2013 from CE King to get the 4th spot(lost to Crosby,Kwp,Humb,SC),so we've been in this situation before.Bi-dist smoked Lcm 49-16 then lost a close 31-30 2nd rd gm vs Brenham,finished the season 6-6 overall.Right now Porter is all we need to concentrate on beating & winning our 1st dist home gm this yr. then on to Crosby the following week

I am scratching my head about this one, both teams have had tremendous playoff resumes from the last 2 decades. I don't think Ned is out just yet, but I am not too sure exactly how this playoff race will end, I do Believe that it will be PAM, Port Neches, Vidor, and Nederland/Central and not in that order. I just don't see Livingston getting enough wins to make it but I could be wrong. But with NED being 1 and 3 in district it is a win out kind of stretch to me. What are yalls thoughts? Im not counting them out myself! Although record aside the last week could mean more than just the Bum Phillips bowl!

6 minutes ago, biaplayer said:

I am scratching my head about this one, both teams have had tremendous playoff resumes from the last 2 decades. I don't think Ned is out just yet, but I am not too sure exactly how this playoff race will end, I do Believe that it will be PAM, Port Neches, Vidor, and Nederland/Central and not in that order. I just don't see Livingston getting enough wins to make it but I could be wrong. But with NED being 1 and 3 in district it is a win out kind of stretch to me. What are yalls thoughts? Im not counting them out myself! Although record aside the last week could mean more than just the Bum Phillips bowl!

Livingston should get to 4-4 with wins over Lee and Ozen.  Nederland has a chance to get to 4 wins with wins over Central or PNG and Lumberton/Ozen.  Nederland is by no stretch out of the race, but they have an APB out for anyone within the city limits who could line up healthy under center.  I heard even their stud freshman QB broke his collarbone.

2 minutes ago, Brubaker said:

Livingston should get to 4-4 with wins over Lee and Ozen.  Nederland has a chance to get to 4 wins with wins over Central or PNG and Lumberton/Ozen.  Nederland is by no stretch out of the race, but they have an APB out for anyone within the city limits who could line up healthy under center.  I heard even their stud freshman QB broke his collarbone.

its a race to the finish, I believe they can beat Central, Lumberton and Ozen, I think we can give yall a game in MCM, the winner is a toss up, never know who makes a mistake in this one.