Liberty vs. Shepherd Predictions

setxnative96

I hope you fine folks know that the players read what is said. My son came home from practice last night and told me that "we have no chance against the Mighty Panthers, so why are we even going to play the game". Then he went straight to bed without dinner and cried himself to sleep holding a little panther stuffed animal. So the game this week is cancelled!!!! The Pirates do not want all those folks to waste their time and money to travel all the way to Shepherd for nothing. The outcome has been decided, so stay home and do something worth wild.

I sure hope you folks think that is ridiculous as some of the post on here. Liberty is a good football team and if they play the way they are capable of then on paper they should win. Liberty finally has a good team and now we have to hear the "go undefeated" comments. Why can't you folks just be happy for these players and enjoy the ride they are taking you on? OH AND I WOULD NOT SLEEP ON SHEPHERD if I was you. Good coaching with a bunch of overachieving players just might come back to bite you in the "Well You Know"!!! Yea the shepherd players have heard all year about loosing 26 sr. and there is nothing left. Well those boys play hard every play and never quit. So If I were you Liberty fans just don't look too far past the next few games.

55 minutes ago, idk said:

I hope you fine folks know that the players read what is said. My son came home from practice last night and told me that "we have no chance against the Mighty Panthers, so why are we even going to play the game". Then he went straight to bed without dinner and cried himself to sleep holding a little panther stuffed animal. So the game this week is cancelled!!!! The Pirates do not want all those folks to waste their time and money to travel all the way to Shepherd for nothing. The outcome has been decided, so stay home and do something worth wild.

I sure hope you folks think that is ridiculous as some of the post on here. Liberty is a good football team and if they play the way they are capable of then on paper they should win. Liberty finally has a good team and now we have to hear the "go undefeated" comments. Why can't you folks just be happy for these players and enjoy the ride they are taking you on? OH AND I WOULD NOT SLEEP ON SHEPHERD if I was you. Good coaching with a bunch of overachieving players just might come back to bite you in the "Well You Know"!!! Yea the shepherd players have heard all year about loosing 26 sr. and there is nothing left. Well those boys play hard every play and never quit. So If I were you Liberty fans just don't look too far past the next few games.

Where did he get the little stuffed panther at?  I'd like to have one. 

58 minutes ago, idk said:

You are trippin. ONLY ONE poster from liberty on any of these threads said anything about going undefeated and he said something along the lines of , he predicted liberty to get 2nd in district, and his next question was but does anyone else think the panthers could actually go undefeated ? And I myself, along with every other panther poster on here said NO we do not think we can go undefeated, WOS will beat us. So your ENTIRE post was ridiculous. We are happy for our players, our brothers, our kids, our friends. Don't question that. I can't believe that you are so offended by us predicting 30-12 type scores.. unbelievable you'd question our support of our kids because we are predicting the have a big season? That doesn't even make any logical sense. THATS WHAT THE THREAD IS FOR, Liberty vs Shepherd PREDICTIONS,, so we come on here and yes we predict a score and we engage in conversation on why we think we will win or lose by how much ever we predict. So you're first little sarcastic post was ridiculous as well, just because we all gave personal opinions on the game, like you are suppose to on this website on this thread, you went all out with that sarcastic crap. No one said the game didn't need to be played no one ever predicted a score that would suggest that the game not even be played, almost all of the poster predicted fairly reasonable  outcomes, and you come on here and bash them sarcastically saying we think we are all and mighty, just because we finally are having a good year? No. we are on here simply predicting we will win against our current opponent.

Camsdad, I will bring you one. It may have some tears on it, but it will wash. So Nice to see you got the joke.

TexasPanthers2012, dude chill out a little bit. Why take High School football so serious? Man the first part of my post was a joke. I was not trying to be sarcastic, I am actually glad Liberty is having a good year, they deserve it. I am just saying don't sleep on shepherd cause the outcome may not be to your liking. Now what is wrong with that prediction? You think it will be a big win for the Panthers (and it very well could be) and I think that if your boys come in too confident they may get surprised. That's it!!! No one questions your man hood, so get your panties out of a bunch. The game will be played and you will either have a nice ride back to Liberty or a long one. I can't decide that and you can't either. Those Players and Coaches will make that decision. So come on down Friday enjoy the game (oh and please don't get too worked up). The sun will come up on Sat. morning and all will again be right in Panther land. :)

4 minutes ago, idk said:

Camsdad, I will bring you one. It may have some tears on it, but it will wash. So Nice to see you got the joke.

TexasPanthers2012, dude chill out a little bit. Why take High School football so serious? Man the first part of my post was a joke. I was not trying to be sarcastic, I am actually glad Liberty is having a good year, they deserve it. I am just saying don't sleep on shepherd cause the outcome may not be to your liking. Now what is wrong with that prediction? You think it will be a big win for the Panthers (and it very well could be) and I think that if your boys come in too confident they may get surprised. That's it!!! No one questions your man hood, so get your panties out of a bunch. The game will be played and you will either have a nice ride back to Liberty or a long one. I can't decide that and you can't either. Those Players and Coaches will make that decision. So come on down Friday enjoy the game (oh and please don't get too worked up). The sun will come up on Sat. morning and all will again be right in Panther land. :)

I like this post a lil better than your first one. This might of been what your were thinking and had you said this i would not have reacted the way i did, but you said what you said and yes i took offense, but not at the fact that you think it will be a close game, you are entitled to your opinion i was reacting to your statement which almost sounded like we weren't entitled to ours as well. Or maybe we were entitled to it but you deemed it offensive that we thought we would win by a lot, well maybe you didn't think it was offensive but you definitely had a negative reaction to our predictions and i just wanted to clarify that my negative reaction to you was not because of your different prediction, but because of your insinuation that our heads are too big or that we weren't supporting our guys who are taking us on this ride, or that somehow we were bashing shepherd because we posted a lopsided prediction. And none of that is the case here and i was simply saying i don't think anything we have posted would make it even look like that, i felt like you thought all of that about us just because we predicted a lopsided score, not because anyone from liberty made degrading statements towards anyone from shepherd had we done that it would be a different story but you reacted as if we were just bashing shepherd.

45 minutes ago, idk said:

And as far as the players coming in too confident.. I don't think the panther fans post on here has any correlation at all with how confident the players will be going in to this game or any game lol. Even if they get on here and read that Liberty is 9-1 all time against Shepherd outscoring them 326-144 and this has been all in the last 10 years, where we have only had a handful of playoff teams in that span, and now we have one of the best teams of that entire 10 year period, so please give my fellow panther posters some slack for predicting lopsided scores they've had reason to not be worried about Shepherd so I don't think now that we have our best team in along time they're going to suddenly predict a close game with a team that we have dominated over the past decade with sub par, non-playoff teams.

That would be my point, Liberty has a good team this year. On paper and film they should win. But I am not one to go by that at all. If you watch Shepherd on film they are not going to wow you and do not look that impressive. The just play hard and never quit. So it will be a perfect storm. Liberty players are going to watch the film, so if they think it will be a walk in the park, I can assure you it won't be. I don't get caught up in wins and losses from history. That tells me nothing about the team this year. I wish Liberty a great year and hope you guys do well and make it far into the playoffs. I just know what determination that Shepherd has and it will be a dog fight. Then again it may not be nothing but a walk in the park. We will see on Friday night.

16 minutes ago, idk said:

That would be my point, Liberty has a good team this year. On paper and film they should win. But I am not one to go by that at all. If you watch Shepherd on film they are not going to wow you and do not look that impressive. The just play hard and never quit. So it will be a perfect storm. Liberty players are going to watch the film, so if they think it will be a walk in the park, I can assure you it won't be. I don't get caught up in wins and losses from history. That tells me nothing about the team this year. I wish Liberty a great year and hope you guys do well and make it far into the playoffs. I just know what determination that Shepherd has and it will be a dog fight. Then again it may not be nothing but a walk in the park. We will see on Friday night.

I agree with this post completely. And i watched the film and I wasn't entirely "unimpressed" myself, IDK what the players think, but #2 and #12 are pretty good, #2 is actually cousins with 2 of Liberty's starting running backs, and Shepherd's o-line gets down and fires off the ball pretty quick from what I seen but there wasn't a whole lot of getting in to space, just a lot of running behind those 2 H backs out of the gun in between the tackles, with the QB and the RB, the QB himself runs really hard, didn't do anything spectacular but from what I saw on film they do have the potential to pound the football. 

I am predicting liberty in a close game.

Liberty 28

Shepherd 24

TexasPanther2012, I agree with the statement you just blogged.  I am from Coldspring. We have to get our things worked out before district.  This blog is about Liberty vs.  Shepherd so let me stick to that topic.  Shepherd has been a bit "cocky" per say since beating us.  This game tonight will be a true test of what the Pirates and Panthers are made of.  I believe that Liberty will win this one in a close game,  Shepherd has not really been tested so far in the season.  I think that Liberty has the overall better team and will find a way to win when the game is on the line.  I Coldspring Trojan forever but I think that our loss to the Shepherd Pirates, has boosted their egos a little too much.  I am not hating on them in anyway, bc the head coach Miles Robinson and assitant Ben Goffney are fellow Coldspring Alumunus.  This game will reveal weakness that may not have been see in prior games for them defensively I believe.

Sounds like a barn burner.  I will post updates.  I am so liking this forum glad I joined.  Good luck Panthers from a Trojan

TexasPanther, I agree with you about Shepherd. They know they do not have the athletes to run the spread. So they changed to suite the players they have. To me that is good coaching. They will do just what you said, they will pound the ball. They are not going to go out and be flashy they are just going to keep coming and coming. Will they win, only time will tell. Who knows. Liberty looks very good on film and those boys play hard. They are fast and the D-line will get after it for a while. Shepherd will have to contain the outside to win this game. The only thing on film I see as a down fall for Liberty is that after a quarter or two the d-line does not fire off the ball and pursue as hard as in the first couple quarters.

As far as Coldspring, I will not even get into it with him. The last thing Shepherd has is a big ego. Maybe you should of keep your boys off of twitter and instagram before the Shepherd vs Coldspring game and they wouldn't have to eat so much crow. All I can say is you guys shouldn't of gotten rid of the good coach you had.

No one over got on here and said Shepherd will win, I was just stating that who ever plays Shepherd, it will not be an easy game.

4 hours ago, idk said:

TexasPanther, I agree with you about Shepherd. They know they do not have the athletes to run the spread. So they changed to suite the players they have. To me that is good coaching. They will do just what you said, they will pound the ball. They are not going to go out and be flashy they are just going to keep coming and coming. Will they win, only time will tell. Who knows. Liberty looks very good on film and those boys play hard. They are fast and the D-line will get after it for a while. Shepherd will have to contain the outside to win this game. The only thing on film I see as a down fall for Liberty is that after a quarter or two the d-line does not fire off the ball and pursue as hard as in the first couple quarters.

As far as Coldspring, I will not even get into it with him. The last thing Shepherd has is a big ego. Maybe you should of keep your boys off of twitter and instagram before the Shepherd vs Coldspring game and they wouldn't have to eat so much crow. All I can say is you guys shouldn't of gotten rid of the good coach you had.

No one over got on here and said Shepherd will win, I was just stating that who ever plays Shepherd, it will not be an easy game.

Yeah i dont know anything about Shepherd's or Coldsprings players social medias or ego's lol but I will agree that they should not have gotten rid of the coach they had. Barbay, both of them honestly, are OUTSTANDING coaches, they know how to build a program from the ground up I guess they get that from their father. Coldspring was beating liberty 63-0 from 7th grade B team all the way up to varsity for all 6 years i played football for liberty lol. And when the other Coach Barbay was at Anahuac, he had them boomin, before and after he arrived they weren't very good. Same for Coldspring aside from the early 90's i believe... Barbay had coldspring booming i was shocked when they let him go or did he leave himself? I have no idea i was just shocked that he left, as good as they were.

4 hours ago, idk said:

And back to the topic of this thread, I agree with what you said about our D-Line however, our 2 best offensive linemen 62 and 64 rarely go in on defense, and they are also our best defensive linemen. I think when it comes time for district, and surely playoffs, the coaches will let their best players go both ways, but as of now the two best defensive linemen have seen limited action on that side of the ball.

Wow, i owe an apology. Not for being wrong or wrong assumption, bit for underestimating the Shepherd Pirates. They played one hell of a ball game, They were set up to win the ball game fought with a lot of resilience, but Liberty came with a little more. Liberty took ball game 24-22 sophomore kicker still perfect on the season, including 35+ yard field goal.

Sounds like it was a good game.  First at IDK I do owe the bloggers an apology this blog was about shepherd vs. liberty.  So I am new to the blogging experience so I am sorry for the coldspring vs. shepherd comment.  Second, at IDK you were right regarding some of the statements you said and I will leave it at that. I will have to learn how to formulate my own blog regarding the Trojans problems, as I stated earlier, I am new to the blogging game, I am learning the netetiquette of blogging.  So I did not mean any harm if I offended IDK. IDK is a senior member and I don't want to be blocked from blogging on this site.  So please accept my apologies.

Now to the game.  It was a great statement win for Liberty.  It was a good game for shepherd as well.  I think shepherd finally played a team this year that could match up with them on both sides of the ball.  I think both of these teams are primed for  good district performances and will have great post season runs

TrojanMoJo, You do not owe me anything. You have your opinions and I have mine. No worries it's all good. I just know these boys on the Shepherd team and they had been told for a year that there was nothing left after the big graduating class. So these boys have something to pro every night. We do not have a bunch of great athletes on this team, we have a bunch of kids that want to play hard and do their part no matter how big or small it may be to help this team win. It did help getting some of the baseball kids that haven't played in few years back out on the field.