Port Neches-Groves 34 Lumberton 14/FINAL

WOSgrad

3 minutes ago, NDNation said:

Lol. It was red as fire. Geesh..i.need to go home and hook up to an IV to rehydrate. It was killer.

:)

2 minutes ago, GoBigBlue1997 said:

I remember a few years back posting a photo at MCM that showed an empty Port Neches stands at the start of the 4th in the reservation.  Don't try to act like your Honor-Pride-Tradition is any higher than anywhere else in SETX.  

Welp…… 

Not to dog on McZeal, because despite it all he is a very important part of the PNG team, but man, I wish he had a little more Jayce Nelson/Kaleb Sparks/Jeremiah Rose/Spencer Deron/Caisen Sullivan etc in him. Those guys would catch anything in their zip code and kill themselves to get it done. I wish McZeal showed a little more fire. Again, he is a fantastic player and athlete, but I wish he was more reliable as a receiver. I think I agree with Broschon that he might be more effective at TE. Open up the middle for us for sure. 

14 minutes ago, GoBigBlue1997 said:

I remember a few years back posting a photo at MCM that showed an empty Port Neches stands at the start of the 4th in the reservation.  Don't try to act like your Honor-Pride-Tradition is any higher than anywhere else in SETX.  

Similar to the pic of the Nederland side at halftime vs WO-S? 

1 minute ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Sounded like yalls coach was making them run into a wall over and over. Short passes and screens could have helped

Bingo!! Or runnin same play 3 plays in a row on several occasions, that didn't help either. A little bit of blocking would have been nice too. Just got overpowered inside

1 hour ago, jeter said:

Not to dog on McZeal, because despite it all he is a very important part of the PNG team, but man, I wish he had a little more Jayce Nelson/Kaleb Sparks/Jeremiah Rose/Spencer Deron/Caisen Sullivan etc in him. Those guys would catch anything in their zip code and kill themselves to get it done. I wish McZeal showed a little more fire. Again, he is a fantastic player and athlete, but I wish he was more reliable as a receiver. I think I agree with Broschon that he might be more effective at TE. Open up the middle for us for sure. 

yeah because them toned hands won't cut it,Rj threw a beautiful pass,my 11year old boy would have made that catch everytime,im not joking either,i just dont understand why he can't catch the ball,they will come back and bit you,well all i can say if he still can't catch by now he never will,butter fingers.

Congrats to PNG on the win. We are not quite where we need to be to pull off that upset but we are getting there.  Coaches will continue to make these kids better. I thought both defenses played well and both offenses struggled. Our defense will keep us in games and or offense will continue to get better. Earlier, someone said it best that playing one game hurt us. I would agree but can't worry about that now. 

PNG QB is for real. Hard to believe he is just a soph.  Bright future ahead if he stays healthy and keeps a good head on his shoulders. Super impressive player. Keep working hard and he'll go anywhere in the country that he wants. 

Keep your head up Lumberton and keep listening to your coaches and believing in each other.  Do something to get better every day. 

1 hour ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

thanks brotha

no problem brother,and your bro was balling out,he really can take control of a game,and wow just a soph,im very pleased at what hes able to do at this age,when this kids a senior you can't imagine how great he will be,he was very poised in there on 3rd and long with lumbertons side loud sounded like ned on that play and he just got it done and didnt let the presser get to him which i think is a big thing,if he wouldn't have made that td pass who knows how the game could have went because lumberton had some big momentum swings going there way from sloppy things on our end.

2 hours ago, jeter said:

What is going on with the PNG kicking game?

I dont know but if they dont fix it,that could cost us in a game winning play,or to tie a game,them points matter alot when your playing a Pam,or Ned,and any time could sneak under radar and put it on you,so they have got to figure it out,that riggs kid has a good leg he can make a 40+ with no problem,hes done it in practice many times,so i don't know what the problem is.

2 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

Bingo!! Or runnin same play 3 plays in a row on several occasions, that didn't help either. A little bit of blocking would have been nice too. Just got overpowered inside

i think the train will beat ned,just watch i have a feeling when they figure everything out,since we can't seem to get it done maybe someone else will get them,im not counting us out on ned btw,but i will believe it when were winning and clock ticks to 0,jmo,i think ned is in coach f head and he can shake it,will shall see,oh and Pam will beat them for sure.

47 minutes ago, Gabe said:

PNG defense forced 6 4th down stops and limited Lumberton to 184 yards. That is all you need to know about this one.

Oh and maybe also the fact Roschon had 5 touchdowns, again. The kid is good.

Yeah and i know they put 14 on us but really only scored once,the other was a fumble run back,so not to bad,but they have got to hang on to that dang ball.