Splendora Wildcats vs. Dayton Broncos

Bronco94

13 minutes ago, Bronco94 said:

Welcome to Crosby, cougar239, the reason I say that is you must have just moved there or just jumped on their bandwagon. Every time the Mighty Broncos meet up is one hell of a ball game with exception of a couple, everyone with a sound mind know and understand that this matchup between the two teams goes deep. Normally both teams show great sportsmanship and the fans get to see one of the best Friday night lights showdown of the season. These particular match ups can go either way with Dayton still on top of the ratio. So don't jump on other topics trying to poke out your chest because that ain't getting you anywhere. The coogs ain't that good this year, but don't admit it, because that makes it that much more fun on here.

Dang. I was with ya til the very end. I thought a Bronco was going to get a like from me but your purple came through at the last minute. 

I agree that these games are almost always close hard fought games even when one team has a perceived advantage in talent. It is a great rivalry with good sportsmanship. 

Then you had to add Crosby is not that good this year. I think everyone will soon see that Crosby 2016 is plenty good. 

For those that like to over exaggerate our confidence, I do not think we are coasting to a state championship. Just saying we are a very good football team. 

2 hours ago, LCM17 said:

LCM beat splendora 2014 37-0 2015 56-7 . Our Score last week we lost to the #1 state ranked team in Texas 45- O. WOS would probably put over 100 on Splendora. 

Good Luck this year buddy.  I just hate idiots who get on here and run their mouth like you.  I wish you guys the best of luck in new district.

17 minutes ago, WingitT said:

Good Luck this year buddy.  I just hate idiots who get on here and run their mouth like you.  I wish you guys the best of luck in new district.

Not running my mouth. It's just a fact Splendora hasn't been any good. I'm not saying LCM has been any better . We have just been better than Splendora the last two years. I'm sorry you got offended on my prediction. Good luck this season

@Bronco94 I'm a Crosby native... Born and raised so I might know a little bit about the Cougars vs Broncos matchups over my lifetime. In my opinion we've had better athletes majority of the years from 1999 until now.  We were out coached during the Dickie era,  had a few underperforming teams under Haines, but the Coogs have better players and coaches than the Broncos this year. We may have the best defense I've seen in the last 5yrs. I watched Crosby out play the same team you guys barely escape last week (Nederland) in their final scrimmage. Comparing the non-district games,  we played better teams. Crosby will win district AGAIN ... Lol if you think the Coogs not that good this year. 

30 minutes ago, Cougar239 said:

@Bronco94 I'm a Crosby native... Born and raised so I might know a little bit about the Cougars vs Broncos matchups over my lifetime. In my opinion we've had better athletes majority of the years from 1999 until now.  We were out coached during the Dickie era,  had a few underperforming teams under Haines, but the Coogs have better players and coaches than the Broncos this year. We may have the best defense I've seen in the last 5yrs. I watched Crosby out play the same team you guys barely escape last week (Nederland) in their final scrimmage. Comparing the non-district games,  we played better teams. Crosby will win district AGAIN ... Lol if you think the Coogs not that good this year. 

We will see how the goes after Friday and that will tell a lot, I did see how y'all fell outta the ranks on max preps after loosing to Manvel, I bet that hurt a lot. Y'all worry about D-1 this and that too much, hope you enjoyed being undefeated last year until the 2nd round because that was then this is now.

1 hour ago, Cougar239 said:

Every single year all Crosby talks about is how this team is the best defense or offense that they have ever had and every year we get told how Crosby is light years ahead of Dayton and that we are gonna get blown away but yet y'all have barely escaped with a win each time. But some how every year is the year that y'all are gonna put an old fashioned Broncos beat down on the Broncos but yet can't do it. I'm not impressed with Crosby at all y'all can talk the talk but can y'all walk the walk. I'm gonna say after this L Friday night a lot of Crosby posters are gonna be silenced. 

18 minutes ago, Daytonfan9210 said:

Every single year all Crosby talks about is how this team is the best defense or offense that they have ever had and every year we get told how Crosby is light years ahead of Dayton and that we are gonna get blown away but yet y'all have barely escaped with a win each time. But some how every year is the year that y'all are gonna put an old fashioned Broncos beat down on the Broncos but yet can't do it. I'm not impressed with Crosby at all y'all can talk the talk but can y'all walk the walk. I'm gonna say after this L Friday night a lot of Crosby posters are gonna be silenced. 

You could've heard a pin drop when BH stopped and locked the door, givem hell daytonfan9210

9 hours ago, BananaPants said:

Is anyone else losing sleep over the big (JV) game tomorrow??? I seriously can't wait. 

Only the worried ones loose sleep igmo, so which are you, the worried, or the one like me that has the setting on my temper- pedic at 65 and sleeps all night long. A lot of people has more than one e-mail accounts now a days, so mr 11 posts, you can't hide forever, we almost have you figured out.

22 hours ago, Daytonfan9210 said:

How much do we need to win by for it to count?

18 hours ago, Red Dawn said:

How much do we need to win by for it to count?

A win is a win I will give y'all that. But what I was saying is. Every year there is talk about how Crosby is gonna blow Dayton away and it has yet to happen a blow out doesn't mean barely getting away with the win a blow out means that the other team never had a chance and that is not the case because the Broncos have and will always be able to hang with the Cougars. I think y'all have a great program over there but I also think that a lot of the fans are a little reality check because y'all aren't kings of the jungle and they will find that out tonight when bh gives y'all a run for y'all money. 

1 hour ago, Daytonfan9210 said:

A win is a win I will give y'all that. But what I was saying is. Every year there is talk about how Crosby is gonna blow Dayton away and it has yet to happen a blow out doesn't mean barely getting away with the win a blow out means that the other team never had a chance and that is not the case because the Broncos have and will always be able to hang with the Cougars. I think y'all have a great program over there but I also think that a lot of the fans are a little reality check because y'all aren't kings of the jungle and they will find that out tonight when bh gives y'all a run for y'all money. 

Got ya. Plz count me as a fan that is happy with any win vs Dayton and BH. 

I don't think we are the best team in the state. I do think we are good enough to ponder a state championship. 

With that said, I don't think tonight's game will be extremely close. I don't mean that disrespectfully to BH. I just think there's still a significant gap between the two teams. I think they did a great job hiring their coach and I think they are getting better and I think they will make the playoffs. I think they'll make the playoffs partly bc they are improved and partly because the 3&4 spots in 21-5A are significantly weaker this year. 

But it is high school football and I readily admit that as wise as I am, I could be proven very wrong tonight. It is a heck of a lot more fun to play this game vs a reinvigorated Eagles squad and fan base. 

The only reason I'll root against the Eagles after tonight is that they are the key to Crosby going D1 or D2. 

Although I think Crosby can compete in either division, I think your naive if you don't think the D2 path to state will be significantly easier than D1. 

Safe travels, no injuries, Cougar victory. 

Edit-Sry. Forgot I was on the Dayton/Spledora thread. 

I grew up in Dayton in the football program... I know first hand how serious the Crosby rivalry is but it really would be sweet to be able to get on a Dayton vs Splendora feed and see some game options and predictions related to the Dayton vs Splendora game instead of all of the Dayton Crosby stuff... Just my opinion good luck to all the teams tonight 

22 minutes ago, Waltejas000 said:

I grew up in Dayton in the football program... I know first hand how serious the Crosby rivalry is but it really would be sweet to be able to get on a Dayton vs Splendora feed and see some game options and predictions related to the Dayton vs Splendora game instead of all of the Dayton Crosby stuff... Just my opinion good luck to all the teams tonight 

I would say Dayton by a comfortable margin.