Woodville @ Orangefield

Any thoughts on how this game will turn out? I've seen both teams. Orangefield is big up front and know that Wing-T offense like the back of their hands. Woodville has speed all over the field, along with a huge offensive line, but this is the first year they've run the Double Wing, so I still expect some mistakes. 

I think this will be a great game......excuse me while I'm a little biased for a second :)

Woodville 24

Orangefield 22

I'm gonna be honest...I'm gonna keep watch on this game mostly as a measuring stick for how well Woodville stacks up against a common opponent of Kirbyville. Lol.. I know it won't mean anything by the time we play each other but it'll still show some kinds of comparisons. I think Woodville will take this one though. They have speed and that's how we beat Orangefield.

9 hours ago, REBgp said:

After OF getting their behinds whipped by Kirbyville so bad, I can't see them beating Woodville. 

Why not? Woodville does have to blowouts but over teams that are.. Well we can say are below average this season. This will be the measuring stick for Woodville. But I'm taking Orangefield.

1 hour ago, aTmfan06 said:

Why not? Woodville does have to blowouts but over teams that are.. Well we can say are below average this season. This will be the measuring stick for Woodville. But I'm taking Orangefield.

You nailed it a good measuring stick for us . We are getting better with a new coaching staff . As of to date we have not Played a decent football team . The thing that bothers me is O.F. Size matching up with ours or being bigger and when you play power football that could be a problem . O.F. offense is tough offense to defend . Our defense is more built on speed than size . We are also on the road in the swamp , I look for a short game with all the running , speed beats size . Eagles 20-14 in overtime .... Drive all that lets have fun !

1 hour ago, Woodville89 said:

You nailed it a good measuring stick for us . We are getting better with a new coaching staff . As of to date we have not Played a decent football team . The thing that bothers me is O.F. Size matching up with ours or being bigger and when you play power football that could be a problem . O.F. offense is tough offense to defend . Our defense is more built on speed than size . We are also on the road in the swamp , I look for a short game with all the running , speed beats size . Eagles 20-14 in overtime .... Drive all that lets have fun !

Kirbyville was smaller than us. But maybe we will use some of our big boys on the defensive line against Orangefield? Our offensive line has some huge guys on it, but we've been able to get away with not using them both ways so far. 

Well I've been debating on whether not to comment or not cause I trust our coaching staff and believe in what they're doing, but when your best running back only touches the ball one time in the first half and only 6 times total, something is wrong with this picture. I believe his stat line was something like 6 carries for 75 yards. I'm not coach bashing, but how does this happen? I'm sure Kirbyville had game planned to stop McGee, and they stacked the line and brought the house most of the night, but we see that every week in this offense. Just really didn't understand why he didn't get more touches.

Also we're still very vanilla right now on offense, probably didn't run more than 5 different plays the other night, we just ran them to both sides of the field. 

With all that said Kirbyville definitely had the speed advantage and deserved to win the game. We had our opportunities, fumbled inside the 30 yard line after a long drive and missed a field goal as well.

Haven't seen Woodville but judging by their scores the last two weeks our defense is gonna have to step up and get some stops. Again I think we'll move the ball but like last week we have to score on these long drives and we have to stop the big play.

Orangefield 21

Woodville 20

1 hour ago, Bobkat said:

Well I've been debating on whether not to comment or not cause I trust our coaching staff and believe in what they're doing, but when your best running back only touches the ball one time in the first half and only 6 times total, something is wrong with this picture. I believe his stat line was something like 6 carries for 75 yards. I'm not coach bashing, but how does this happen? I'm sure Kirbyville had game planned to stop McGee, and they stacked the line and brought the house most of the night, but we see that every week in this offense. Just really didn't understand why he didn't get more touches.

Also we're still very vanilla right now on offense, probably didn't run more than 5 different plays the other night, we just ran them to both sides of the field. 

With all that said Kirbyville definitely had the speed advantage and deserved to win the game. We had our opportunities, fumbled inside the 30 yard line after a long drive and missed a field goal as well.

Haven't seen Woodville but judging by their scores the last two weeks our defense is gonna have to step up and get some stops. Again I think we'll move the ball but like last week we have to score on these long drives and we have to stop the big play.

Orangefield 21

Woodville 20

in agreement concerning McGee and didn't 1/2 those 75 yards come on the last drive on a single run??

It's very very difficult for the OL to pick up their blocking assignments with an ever changing DL lineup and blitz package. All it takes is one missed blocking assignment.... and a tackle for a lost and that can't happen with the Wing-T.

But if they blitz and we get the ball across the line, then TD or a long run is guaranteed