Kirbyville 21 Orangefield 7/FINAL

WOSgrad

The Kirbyville Wildcats open the home portion of their 2016 season as they host the Orangefield Bobcats.  Greg Neece's Wildcats look for their first victory of the season after dropping their season opener to Newton, 27-0.  Meanwhile, Josh Smalley's Bobcats look to build on their 45-0 season opening shutout of Buna. 

Join Scott Loar and Jordan Wilson for all of the action from Wildcat Stadium in Kirbyville beginning with the Lake Country Chevrolet Pregame Show at 7:15 followed by the kickoff at 7:30 pm by tuning your radio to KTXJ 102.7 FM or by clicking play on the following player:

This is the hidden content, please

Follow Kirbyville Wildcat Football on Your Source for Sports in Southeast Texas, SETXsports.

OF isn't going to out-athlete anyone so the Wing T is a perfect offense for their personnel.  Try and use your size and ground and pound.  I think we found our answer that the first week was more being down than OF being much improved.  And as we can see from tonight, the Wildcats played a Newton team that is going to be really, really good.

OF will get better but losing your two best skill position players (QB Watkins and RB Moore) from a year ago and the best OL on both sides (Bray) creates tough holes to fill, especially early on.  Watkins in particular.  He went down a couple of times last year and each time, the wheels completely came off.  Getting Kress back this year should help and I'm sure he's still getting his footing. 

Kirbyville has to be pleased with their defensive performance.  Holding OF to 7 points is pretty impressive.  Their offense had some miscues including a fumble near the goal line. But they will get better too.  Hopefully Dennis will be okay; kid is a gamer.  I like the way their QB Jackson manages the game and he made some big plays as well.  

Ty needs a nip off my bottle of Jack...Jack! It'll cure that headache he's gonna have tomorrow. He got his bell rung pretty good there in the 2nd qtr. 

From what I saw, our dline will be suspect when we get in front of another big o line like tonight. OF really got a lot of push up front in the first half. I guess they got tired of chasing Jackson and ty around on the other end. But they didn't get the same push in the second half.

2 hours ago, WildcatBacker said:

Good job Cats. Still got some work to do but I like the improvements. Ty going out is getting to be an all too familiar problem. I hope he's ok and it turns out to be nothing more than precaution taking him out like that. Congratulations to Orangefield on a VERY hard fought game. This was way too close for comfort.

How is ty going out a problem 

4 hours ago, kennelsdennis said:

How is ty going out a problem 

Sorry about that...bad choice of words. I more meant all too familiar occurrence. Every since Ty was a freshman he has been a weapon...explosive off the line and untouched if he finds an open field...every time he touches the ball. And his reputation for being a HUGE threat has followed him every game, and it's made him a target. That big X on his back has caused him to be almost cursed with injuries at some point throughout his high school career. If he had been able to stay healthy, he would have set some major records. 

5 hours ago, WildcatBacker said:

Sorry about that...bad choice of words. I more meant all too familiar occurrence. Every since Ty was a freshman he has been a weapon...explosive off the line and untouched if he finds an open field...every time he touches the ball. And his reputation for being a HUGE threat has followed him every game, and it's made him a target. That big X on his back has caused him to be almost cursed with injuries at some point throughout his high school career. If he had been able to stay healthy, he would have set some major records. 

Thanks... Just a lil over protective of him

4 hours ago, kennelsdennis said:

Thanks... Just a lil over protective of him

I understand. I'm glad he's gonna be ok. I was looking away when he took the hit that sent him out last night, but a buddy I was sitting with said it looked like they picked him up and slammed him. I don't know if it was malicious or intentional or whatever or not, but I do know opponents are gonna try everything they can to take him out as a factor in the game cause they know head to head they can't beat him.

2 hours ago, WildcatBacker said:

I understand. I'm glad he's gonna be ok. I was looking away when he took the hit that sent him out last night, but a buddy I was sitting with said it looked like they picked him up and slammed him. I don't know if it was malicious or intentional or whatever or not, but I do know opponents are gonna try everything they can to take him out as a factor in the game cause they know head to head they can't beat him.

Yea it was clean .. An we no there going to do anything to try an take him out...