WOW

MoFo

1 minute ago, navydawg31 said:

That's a awesome stadium. So 3 schools are spending about what 23 million for a stadium. How much was the Butch or PNG or Crosby new stadium to build? 

PNG was a renovation, one of their fans could tell you the cost.

1 hour ago, CoogGuy said:

And you don't. Continue thinking that way(as setx schools continue to get left behind) As painful as it is to say if the westerberg experiment works at the ant mound. UH-OH.  I think we'll be ok over here though the new CISD Administration likes to keep up with the Jones's.

good for you , let me know when that stadium or your team wins state because of a facilities, lol.

27 minutes ago, CoogGuy said:

How many schools in setx would you put on the level of wos?

They don't see it like us because they go back from the 80's and don't take into consideration the divisions being split in 2012 when they got back to where they are now. After the 2000 title game when their enrollment started to decline they dropped down and missed the playoffs three years in a row and only won the region once in like a 12 year period, then they split the divisions and took all the powerhouses out so now they're probably the most talented team on the 4A-D2 level.

We see schools like North Shore, Katy, Pearland, George Ranch all winning titles and schools like Manvel, Cy-Ranch Lamar, Hightower and Brenham all playing for big titles and try to mirror the good parts of those programs. In the Houston area we spend money on coaching and athletic infrastructure as a mean to stay on par with the local competition, over there they just depend on bloodlines.    

42 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

Frisco ISD along with Dallas Cowboys are building the first indoor football stadium. It's getting crazy  up there.

The already had the old Pizza Hut park too. The Star cost about $216 million, the old Pizza Hut park stadium was $80 million and IDK how much the actual ISD stadium was but Frisco ISD will have access to all three.  

7 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

They don't see it like us because they go back from the 80's and don't take into consideration the divisions being split in 2012 when they got back to where they are now. After the 2000 title game when their enrollment started to decline they dropped down and missed the playoffs three years in a row and only won the region once in like a 12 year period, then they split the divisions and took all the powerhouses out so now they're probably the most talented team on the 4A-D2 level.

We see schools like North Shore, Katy, Pearland, George Ranch all winning titles and schools like Manvel, Cy-Ranch Lamar, Hightower and Brenham all playing for big titles and try to mirror the good parts of those programs. In the Houston area we spend money on coaching and athletic infrastructure as a mean to stay on par with the local competition, over there they just depend on bloodlines.    

Glad us folks "over there" have this site for you to come "over" to. ;)

6 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Yeah, 4-II was left with the likes of Celina, Gilmer, Wimberley and Cuero...nothing but lightweights!

23 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Let that field get messed up again like a couple years ago, I bet somehow a mysterious donation to the ISD happens. 

Speaking of donations what happened to that donor that was supposed to make that happen awhile back? 

No longer an option......

10 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I think it was 99 and 2001 before they dropped, not sure if they have missed the playoffs since dropping down. Its posted somewhere on here probably. 

17 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Well , seeing as they won those two titles in 5a which was the biggest classification at the time and made the finals the third year I would say they played some powerhouses.  And guess what, there are plenty of teams in this area and in Dallas that have spend millions on facilities and coaching and gotten nothing for it.

46 minutes ago, CoogGuy said:

That's a shame won't be nearly as much Fun without us.

We still have at least 4 more years before we have to go over to the 6A site with guys like NorthShore Mike and Fleeman93 to listen how we're going to get killed. Enjoy it while you can because when they say we're going to get beat, one of them will actually be the team beating us. Not someone from sw Houston central Texas after bi-district.   

4 minutes ago, bigdog said:

Well , seeing as they won those two titles in 5a which was the biggest classification at the time and made the finals the third year I would say they played some powerhouses.  And guess what, there are plenty of teams in this area and in Dallas that have spend millions on facilities and coaching and gotten nothing for it.

I never said that, I said they avoid all of them now. As their enrollment declined it was reflected in their results more years until the classes were split. What school in the DFW spent millions on coaching and facilities and got nothing for it? In the DFW even schools in the hood like Cedar Hill, Desoto and Lancaster have multimillion dollar stadiums. Indoor practice facilities are pretty common too. IDK what it has gotten each individual school but overall it has gotten the DFW/East Texas domination in Texas high school football.

26 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Glad us folks "over there" have this site for you to come "over" to. ;)

Y'all do a hell of a job running this site. I've only posted on one other message board in my life and that is usually during playoff time. This is by far the best one I've run across but you can't have people "over there" say they don't consider Crosby SETX and expect us not to make a distinction the other way. The vast majority of the time it's people "over there" that say "we don't really consider Crosby SETX".

25 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Y'all do a hell of a job running this site. I've only posted on one other message board in my life and that is usually during playoff time. This is by far the best one I've run across but you can't have people "over there" say they don't consider Crosby SETX and expect us not to make a distinction the other way. The vast majority of the time it's people "over there" that say "we don't really consider Crosby SETX".

IMO, Crosby has earned it's position here at SETXsports. Crosby has been in a district that we have covered for several years.

Some folks don't know the difference between Golden Triangle and Southeast Texas.

We have explained on many occasions (till we are blue in the face) why we cover the teams that we cover.

Appreciate the kind words.

May be bias, but I think we are the best high school message board in the state.

3 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

The already had the old Pizza Hut park too. The Star cost about $216 million, the old Pizza Hut park stadium was $80 million and IDK how much the actual ISD stadium was but Frisco ISD will have access to all three.  

Crazy and they keep building to keep all of them 5a.

3 hours ago, bigdog said:

PNG was a renovation, one of their fans could tell you the cost.

I think it was 10 million. It was supposed to be nicer with brick facade, a team spirit store, and couple other upgrades, but the price continued to rise and they cut some of the fat so the bond would pass.

40 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

I think it was 10 million. It was supposed to be nicer with brick facade, a team spirit store, and couple other upgrades, but the price continued to rise and they cut some of the fat so the bond would pass.

I kinda remember the brick wall,team spirit store and I think the visitors stands were suppose to bigger and brand new.