WOS vs Nederland

tennisbc

We'll leave it to the rest of y'all to put up predictions on the mythical matchups.  At this point, there is only one match up that WO-S is looking at, and that is Nederland.

There is one who seems to focus on this match up when he should be worried (and very worried indeed) about a match up with another equine opponent.

2 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

So foster was just "good" and I could care less about WOS vs big schools but at least be realistic 

Being realistic is that they lost by 20 in the third round, one week after they beat King by 14 points who Crosby took out by nearly 40 a couple of weeks prior. A lot of "good" 5A teams in Houston would do WOS the same way, there's a different grade of athlete than you find at PNG or Nederland. I just ask these questions to see where people's thought process is, the idea that Celina could play with a Marshall or Poteet and "possibly even win" would be laughable on a DFW board.  

18 minutes ago, Brubaker said:

Foster lost by one score to George Ranch and were knocked out of the playoffs by Temple who played GR well the following week.  I would say they were one of the top 6 5A schools in the state last year.

Foster lost by a score to GR, Port Lavaca lost by one point to GR even later in the season. At 7-4 and 2-3 in district play do you feel like they were also one of the top 6 5A teams in the state? You're sadly mistaken if you think they were anywhere near one of the top 6 teams in the state with 25-5A having 3 top 10 teams, Lake Ridge, Longview, Aledo, Tivy, Lone Star, Calallen, Ridge Point, Lancaster, etc.  

For the most part I can say wos have held there ground against bigger school's except against foster last year.the year before they played them close. And in 2010 and 2011. They played a friendswood team that I believed that was ranked in the top 5 in the state to a 1 point game and the next year it went to overtime. And in 07 and 08 they beat Dayton both those years and I believe Dayton made it to the state finals one of those years

these Crosby folks just don't realize how good WOS has been and is now, Their qb is 3 years starter, and doesn't make many mistakes, is a true field general, Defense can get the job done on just about anyone, and the coaching is outstanding and has been for over 30 years or more! just because they don't have big numbers doesn't mean they cant whoop arse in I higher class division, in the end it is 11 on 11, not to mention they went to the big game twice in last two years, so with that being said since Crosby has the best 11 players on the field at one time and are world beaters I guess we should just all bow down to them not!!!!

41 minutes ago, Sportsguy17 said:

For the most part I can say wos have held there ground against bigger school's except against foster last year.the year before they played them close. And in 2010 and 2011. They played a friendswood team that I believed that was ranked in the top 5 in the state to a 1 point game and the next year it went to overtime. And in 07 and 08 they beat Dayton both those years and I believe Dayton made it to the state finals one of those years

WOS beat Dayton in 2007 22-14 and 2006 26-9. Dayton then beat Crosby 2006 35-0 and 2007 49-7 in bi district. 

Guys, don't worry about it!

WO-S is going to worry about the 10 schools on THEIR schedule.  They're not worried about anybody else.  If the supporter of another school wants to come on an try to make their school look so very big by trying make other schools in the area look so very small, let them go for it.

The "Crosby folks" realize how good WOS is trust me but that has nothing to do with the fact that no matter how good your program is for a 4A school you would get blown off the field by an elite 6A program. 2006 and 2007 results are irrelevant when it comes to today's top 6A schools yeah you might hang with some you but i doubt you would even score on Katy, GR, NS and that's just in the Houston Area. They'd beat the snot out of us too.

I get the points 14.2 is making, I believe alot of folks dont like what he's posting because of the person posting/school he supports. I have a strong feeling if it was a poster of a say Newton or Ned or WOS or Jasper etc no one would have a problem with it and more than likely they would agree with em without even reading most of the post and actually thinking about what was said. 

6 minutes ago, CoogGuy said:

The "Crosby folks" realize how good WOS is trust me but that has nothing to do with the fact that no matter how good your program is for a 4A school you would get blown off the field by an elite 6A program. 2006 and 2007 results are irrelevant when it comes to today's top 6A schools yeah you might hang with some you but i doubt you would even score on Katy, GR, NS and that's just in the Houston Area. They'd beat the snot out of us too.

Same with us too. 

18 minutes ago, CoogGuy said:

No argument.  One of your brothers in red needs to read this as well.

2 hours ago, sportsfan_01 said:

Cougar 14.2

I really think you are just jealous that WOS can live up the expectations and Crosby  can not and could not .  Yes we all know you lost to what is now a 6A school so dont play that card. 

Expectations are a lot more clear when you only have 46 teams in the entire southern half of the state to compete with versus having 64 others to compete with in your own region. For instance, if WOS doesn't at least win the region it would be considered a disappointment because they can forecast exactly who they have to play. If two of the three of KP, NC or Humble get into the playoffs Crosby could have a relatively easy route to the regional final which we're expected to win in D2 in every publication so far. On the flip side, say Denton Ryan or Aledo lose a game during the regular season and both Dayton and BH have a good season and get into the playoffs. Crosby could face a top 5 ranked Manvel, a top 5 ranked Cedar Park and a top 5 ranked Temple in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounds. Just like you can face a team like Ridge Point, who's predicted to win the Fort Bend 6A district, in the 5A D2 playoffs.

Trust me, with schools like North Shore one neighborhood over I'm not jealous of anything going on at WOS. I'm just disappointed people here feel like it's ok, even enjoy, for their small schools to beat up on district contenders three times their size.    

15 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Expectations are a lot more clear when you only have 46 teams in the entire southern half of the state to compete with versus having 64 others to compete with in your own region. For instance, if WOS doesn't at least win the region it would be considered a disappointment because they can forecast exactly who they have to play. If two of the three of KP, NC or Humble get into the playoffs Crosby could have a relatively easy route to the regional final which we're expected to win in D2 in every publication so far. On the flip side, say Denton Ryan or Aledo lose a game during the regular season and both Dayton and BH have a good season and get into the playoffs. Crosby could face a top 5 ranked Manvel, a top 5 ranked Cedar Park and a top 5 ranked Temple in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounds. Just like you can face a team like Ridge Point, who's predicted to win the Fort Bend 6A district, in the 5A D2 playoffs.

Trust me, with schools like North Shore one neighborhood over I'm not jealous of anything going on at WOS. I'm just disappointed people here feel like it's ok, even enjoy, for their small schools to beat up on district contenders three times their size.    

So what are you going to say if we perhaps just beat nederland by 21+?

You can't always judge what one team does to another. Last year New Caney took Crosby to overtime at Crosby and a few weeks later got smacked by Nederland in the first round. WOS has the best program in SETX and it's not really close. What they would do against 5a programs is really irrelevant but like noted earlier they did beat a semi finals Dayton team in 07.

24 minutes ago, bronco pride said:

You can't always judge what one team does to another. Last year New Caney took Crosby to overtime at Crosby and a few weeks later got smacked by Nederland in the first round. WOS has the best program in SETX and it's not really close. What they would do against 5a programs is really irrelevant but like noted earlier they did beat a semi finals Dayton team in 07.

10 years ago I'm sure Dayton didn't have a 1000 kid enrollment advantage on WOS either. To put it in perspective, opening week 10 years ago Crosby beat Atascocita 42-16. How do you think that would go now that they have 2,000 more kids than us? It's not a dissertation on WOS, it's perspective on expectations. How do you think this conversation would go on the south side of town in Angleton or Manvel or in Fort Bend county? They would look at the talk and say, "Heck yeah fellas, we have a couple of layups" and looking at it from their standpoint it would be hard to argue.    

13 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

10 years ago I'm sure Dayton didn't have a 1000 kid enrollment advantage on WOS either. To put it in perspective, opening week 10 years ago Crosby beat Atascocita 42-16. How do you think that would go now that they have 2,000 more kids than us? It's not a dissertation on WOS, it's perspective on expectations. How do you think this conversation would go on the south side of town in Angleton or Manvel or in Fort Bend county? They would look at the talk and say, "Heck yeah fellas, we have a couple of layups" and looking at it from their standpoint it would be hard to argue.    

Ok. 2010 semi finalist Friendswood beat WOS by 1. The same Friendswood that beat state finals LM and a really good Manvel team that year. I would think they had close to twice the enrollment. Look it really doesn't matter. WOS has a great program and I would say any program regardless of classification doing what their doing right now would be excited.

Personally think the whole debate is ridiculous.  WOS is the class of SETX. Does that mean they'd beat all SETX teams regardless of classification, No. But they are the best vs the schools in their classification. 

This is no different for dogging on Crosby's Semi-Final run a couple of years back Bc it was in D2. 

We were D2. WOS is 4A. Get over it. 

Again, WOS is the class of SETX. Our program is headed in the right direction but we are not in WOS's league. That doesn't mean we are not trying like heck to get there.