WOS vs Nederland

tennisbc

1 hour ago, wosgrad-84 said:

he has stated in the past that setx teams are not as relevant as Houston area teams. We are not of as high a quality. Hog wash if you ask me. WOS has beaten many a quality team from Houston or from around the state for that matter,

Yep.

Again, I caution.  Don't worry about what someone trying to make his school look so very big by making others look so very small.  WO-S knows what it has and so does the state, and quite frankly, most think it is pretty darned good.  More than good enough for this Mustang fan I can assure you of that!  And from looking at what Nederland posters have posted over the years here, it appears that they feel the same.  It will be a whale of a game Friday which I doubt will be as lopsided as some believe.

But after Friday night, WO-S will focus on the remaining 9 on their schedule (Coach Thompson wouldn't allow anything else) and Nederland will focus on remaining 9 on their schedule (Coach Neumann wouldn't either).  If a poster from another school want to focus on the Mustangs or Bulldogs and chide them in an effort to make his school look bigger and badder, so be it.

10 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Again, I caution.  Don't worry about what someone trying to make his school look so very big by making others look so very small.  WO-S knows what it has and so does the state, and quite frankly, most think it is pretty darned good.  More than good enough for this Mustang fan I can assure you of that!  And from looking at what Nederland posters have posted over the years here, it appears that they feel the same.  It will be a whale of a game Friday which I doubt will be as lopsided as some believe.

But after Friday night, WO-S will focus on the remaining 9 on their schedule (Coach Thompson wouldn't allow anything else) and Nederland will focus on remaining 9 on their schedule (Coach Neumann wouldn't either).  If a poster from another school want to focus on the Mustangs or Bulldogs and chide them in an effort to make his school look bigger and badder, so be it.

Well said.  That pretty much covers it. :)

23 hours ago, LCM17 said:

WOS beat Dayton in 2007 22-14 and 2006 26-9. Dayton then beat Crosby 2006 35-0 and 2007 49-7 in bi district. 

ouch say it aint so, Tell me WOS didn't beat Dayton who then stomped a mudhole in Crosby and blanked them at that, sheeessss  keep drinking that Red Koolaid and seeing thru your rose colored glasses , come on man

I will say that WOS has one hell of a program!

I think it exemplifies what a true dynasty is-  unlike some programs that have constantly changed/buy etc... new uniforms yearly have a big Busta clique- all WOS does is come out of a old locker room maybe 2/3 uniform changes over the last 30 years and mop the floor with their opponent.  

Hope Uncle Larry has some answers for Dallas as he is one of the best gammers of ALL TIME. 

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 11:30 PM, Cougar14.2 said:

Let me get this straight, people expect Ned to get blown out by a team two classes below them but still expect them to compete for a district championship in 22-5A? No wonder there's threads started about what it takes to get respect. 

Constantly yammers on about the validity of comparing schools with different population sizes, then consistently wants to compare the Houston metropolitan area with a population of 5.6 million with the Golden Triangle area with less than 400k . . .

2 hours ago, Whoa said:

I will say that WOS has one hell of a program!

I think it exemplifies what a true dynasty is-  unlike some programs that have constantly changed/buy etc... new uniforms yearly have a big Busta clique- all WOS does is come out of a old locker room maybe 2/3 uniform changes over the last 30 years and mop the floor with their opponent.  

Hope Uncle Larry has some answers for Dallas as he is one of the best gammers of ALL TIME. 

slow down with the "all time" mess....smh...if he plays college football, he will be made a wes welker...i highly doubt he is considered the best player that ever stepped on the field for wo-s.

32 minutes ago, Mustangs93 said:

Well the offers he has are for QB not ATH...

and we know this as FACT?? the panews had to do a correction on what school he had gotten an offer from...5'9 and a 4.7 40....yeah, he'll play QB..."son i think you would make a fine slot wr"...AND THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT... i'm just saying, he is no ALL TIME GREAT.

3 minutes ago, td said:

PA News did a correction because they spoke out of turn. Said he had committed when in fact he hasn't. This I know for a fact!  This is a WOS v Nederland thread not a Jack Dallas thread can we get back to WOS v Nederland?

it is about wos vs ned...it was brought up he will be factor and he will. the argument was he was "best gamers of ALL TIME"... i disagree

22 minutes ago, td said:
25 minutes ago, pakronos said:

and we know this as FACT?? the panews had to do a correction on what school he had gotten an offer from...5'9 and a 4.7 40....yeah, he'll play QB..."son i think you would make a fine slot wr"...AND THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT... i'm just saying, he is no ALL TIME GREAT.

PA News did a correction because they spoke out of turn. Said he had committed when in fact he hasn't. This I know for a fact!  This is a WOS v Nederland thread not a Jack Dallas thread can we get back to WOS v Nederland?

Thought the offer was a baseball offer, not football.

17 minutes ago, pakronos said:

it is about wos vs ned...it was brought up he will be factor and he will. the argument was he was "best gamers of ALL TIME"... i disagree

Let's try to better understand the term "Gamer", which often times has nothing to do with your 40 time, height or weight, bench press reps, vertical. It's that thing that you can't put your finger on and drives some who can't put their stop watch down, just crazy.  Gamers usually win... period.  Coaches at all levels love GAMERS, I can see why LU offered him.  You don't QB your team to a state championship game as a sophomore when you were 3rd on the depth chart when the season began, unless you are a GAMER. 

8 minutes ago, Brubaker said:

Let's try to better understand the term "Gamer", which often times has nothing to do with your 40 time, height or weight, bench press reps, vertical. It's that thing that you can't put your finger on and drives some who can't put their stop watch down, just crazy.  Gamers usually win... period.  Coaches at all levels love GAMERS, I can see why LU offered him.  You don't QB your team to a state championship game as a sophomore when you were 3rd on the depth chart when the season began, unless you are a GAMER. 

a title is a title...i guess...honestly pound for pound, it was only 1-2 really GOOD TEAMS  they faced on that run...lamarque was not one of them(thompson easily out coached jackson). anyway, he can be a "gamer", but calling him ALL TIME...sorry not today...i'm not a wos fan, but i know of MANY great athletes to come through there..and it better not be comparing him to triangle talent over the past 25 years.