#1 Alto

#2 Shelbyville

#3 Lovelady

#3 San Augustine

#9 West Sabine

2A DII Region III

receiving votes: Evadale, Hull-Daisetta

42 minutes ago, CCRed said:

PNG is ranked #10 in the region and a lot of you 22-5a guys have said they will have a down year and might not make the playoffs. Hmmmm.

A lot of that depends on how the sophomore QB works out.  He is supposed to have potential but we will see if he is up to  speed when district starts.

Like I said on Twitter.. Do I think WOS should be the preseason #1 yes I do.. BUT do not under estimate Bellville. Last year they went through the playoffs with a I think at least 3-4 starters out due to injuries and young guys stepped in. Pair that with a move in or two from Sealy. They will be much improved. But pre season polls are just that. WOS is the defending State champs and returned almost every starter so in my eyes they are definitely the favorites heading into the season. A long season ahead hopefully both go without injuries! Let's go Bellville!!!!

For those who know me, know that I am very critical of southeast Texas teams and how they perform against elite programs throughout the state. I'm on record for giving WO-S elite status as the only true southeast Texas team with such regard, outside of Katy (geographically). As for Newton, SETX on this site, but I consider East Texas, but that's besides the point.

WO-S will in my opinion probably have a season like no other prior to this year. Last year, I made a statement about the Stangs, in which I said that nobody would play them to within 20 points (after the Jasper game) --- all the way thru state. I was wrong, as Cuero was 13 and Celina was 19.....if I remember correctly. Neverthless, these young guns really showed out the rest of the way.

This year, I will go a step further in that I do not believe anybody will play (starting in District) to within 30 points ---all the way to the state championship game vs. Gilmer (which will be a 10-14 point WO-S victory.

5 hours ago, theNeed4Speed said:

For those who know me, know that I am very critical of southeast Texas teams and how they perform against elite programs throughout the state. I'm on record for giving WO-S elite status as the only true southeast Texas team with such regard, outside of Katy (geographically). As for Newton, SETX on this site, but I consider East Texas, but that's besides the point.

WO-S will in my opinion probably have a season like no other prior to this year. Last year, I made a statement about the Stangs, in which I said that nobody would play them to within 20 points (after the Jasper game) --- all the way thru state. I was wrong, as Cuero was 13 and Celina was 19.....if I remember correctly. Neverthless, these young guns really showed out the rest of the way.

This year, I will go a step further in that I do not believe anybody will play (starting in District) to within 30 points ---all the way to the state championship game vs. Gilmer (which will be a 10-14 point WO-S victory.

You may have been wrong, but you weren't wrong by much.  Gutsy prediction that was close.   I wouldn't bet against you this year either.  WOS. doesn't know how to lose.

After seeing the 4A-II, Region III "Coaches" poll, I guess I have a little better understanding of those gripes that accompany our own rankings (which we are in the process of preparing).  Also, I think the fact that you need more pollsters as opposed to less has been borne out.

Let me state at the outset that I have no problem that the results of the poll have placed Bellville ahead of WO-S.  Do I disagree with that assessment? Of course I do, as do many.  However, Bellville is a quality team that, quite frankly, surprised me very little with their appearance in the Region III finals last year.  Likewise, I don't think a rematch of last year's regional final would be a surprise, either.  So the fact that Bellville ended up listed on the top of this poll doesn't bother me at all.

No, my frustration lies with a single voter and his "assessment."  In noting those frustrations, I'll set out specific things that he did to skew this poll and justify that a larger number of pollsters need to be included in the voting.

Let's see the scene here.  As this "coach" entered his "assessment," WO-S had already garnered 3 first place votes which would have given them a 3 point lead over Bellville for the top spot.  But then, this 4th voter proceeded with a pattern that only the most crooked of politicians could appreciate.

First, let's look at who this "coach" placed at the top of his rankings.  It was not WO-S, the defending state champion, it wasn't Regional finalist Bellville, it wasn't even the J.K. Dobbins lead La Grange Leopards.  It was FAIRFIELD!  Fairfield, a school notable for not even sniffing the Top 20 4A, DII preseason polls in either DCTF or FNF.  Fairfield, a team notable for not even being picked to win it's own district much less do damage in the Region.  Fairfield, a team that despite receiving the maximum 10 points from its #1 fan, barely garnered enough total points to squeeze into the Top 5 of these Region III rankings.

Second, the listing of his number one pick was not even the most egregious act committed by this "learned" voter.  You see, this "coach" not only denied WO-S his first place vote, he did not even bother to place WO-S in his second spot or even third.  He ranked WO-S, 7th!  That is right, as we stand here at the beginning of the season, this "learned gentleman" has, for public consumption, forwarded the idea that there are not one, not two, but SIX teams in 4A-II, Region III that are better than WO-S.

To say that the above is crazy is an understatement.  I think it more accurate to indicate that something sinister is afoot with this poll.

11 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

After seeing the 4A-II, Region III "Coaches" poll, I guess I have a little better understanding of those gripes that accompany our own rankings (which we are in the process of preparing).  Also, I think the fact that you need more pollsters as opposed to less has been borne out.

Let me state at the outset that I have no problem that the results of the poll have placed Bellville ahead of WO-S.  Do I disagree with that assessment? Of course I do, as do many.  However, Bellville is a quality team that, quite frankly, surprised me very little with their appearance in the Region III finals last year.  Likewise, I don't think a rematch of last year's regional final would be a surprise, either.  So the fact that Bellville ended up listed on the top of this poll doesn't bother me at all.

No, my frustration lies with a single voter and his "assessment."  In noting those frustrations, I'll set out specific things that he did to skew this poll and justify that a larger number of pollsters need to be included in the voting.

Let's see the scene here.  As this "coach" entered his "assessment," WO-S had already garnered 3 first place votes which would have given them a 3 point lead over Bellville for the top spot.  But then, this 4th voter proceeded with a pattern that only the most crooked of politicians could appreciate.

First, let's look at who this "coach" placed at the top of his rankings.  It was not WO-S, the defending state champion, it wasn't Regional finalist Bellville, it wasn't even the J.K. Dobbins lead La Grange Leopards.  It was FAIRFIELD!  Fairfield, a school notable for not even sniffing the Top 20 4A, DII preseason polls in either DCTF or FNF.  Fairfield, a team notable for not even being picked to win it's own district much less do damage in the Region.  Fairfield, a team that despite receiving the maximum 10 points from its #1 fan, barely garnered enough total points to squeeze into the Top 5 of these Region III rankings.

Second, the listing of his number one pick was not even the most egregious act committed by this "learned" voter.  You see, this "coach" not only denied WO-S his first place vote, he did not even bother to place WO-S in his second spot or even third.  He ranked WO-S, 7th!  That is right, as we stand here at the beginning of the season, this "learned gentleman" has, for public consumption, forwarded the idea that there are not one, not two, but SIX teams in 4A-II, Region III that are better than WO-S.

To say that the above is crazy is an understatement.  I think it more accurate to indicate that something sinister is afoot with this poll.

Well said!

40 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Skewed rankings. We can relate. ;)

5 minutes ago, NDNation said:

Don't be jealous, PAM received some votes.:)

You know we got a D1 player, that's all you need according to some folks.

Yall got 6 D1 type players, one of em is hurt, 4 are skill position players, then there's that one on defense. Like I said the sandbagging is ridiculous. Lol