TVC,opinions on this?

king

3 hours ago, team first said:

Police may attain a Material Witness in order to obtain their statement. In fact, a Material Witness may be arrested if they refuse to cooperate with a court order/subpoena . 

Futhermore, persons may be excluded from a crime scene (including a business or their own home) while a warrant is being obtained. 

A warrant was issued around 5am 

All of this is black law.   

Well, the store owner is now gonna press charges, so we will soon see how it goes...

• 9 months later...

I found an article on it. It says that a decision is looming and many people suspect that no charges will be filed even by the US Justice Dept. From only the evidence that I saw on video, that would be the proper response. I am sure there is other evidence that has not been made public but the burden is on the government to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the officers acted improperly and I didn't see that from the video. 

The article notes that several laws have been proposed in LA due to this incident. I was surprised to find that they are now recommending at least 400 classroom hours for a basic police license. That was the TX requirement over 30 years ago. LIT locally teaches about 700 classroom hours for a basic license. That  law proposal also looks to have at least 20 hours annually for updates. Again, TX has had that in place for decades with mandatory updates on new laws every legislative session and many more hours of additional training for more advanced police licenses similar to college degrees. For college you have associate, bachelor, master and doctorate degrees. Police have basic, intermediate, advanced and master licenses. A master police license with 1,200 hours of training takes 20 years to attain. It can be sooner with more schooling but it is not easy to obtain. Apparently LA has no such requirements of annual training or not nearly as extensive. (I have over 3,000 hours of classroom training and probably over 5,000 total training)

That is a good thing for LA and it looks like most police departments, at least the chiefs and some unions, are backing up the requirements. Welcome LA to the 1980's..... :)

This is the hidden content, please