Is it my imagination

stevenash

1 hour ago, stevenash said:

Two questions for you Big girl 1.  Is every Muslim a terrorist?  2.  Is every terrorist a Muslim/muslim sympathizer

Nope. 

According to what i have read, white Americans are 

This is the hidden content, please
 in the United States, according to a study by the New America Foundation. The Washington-based research organization did a review of “terror” attacks on US soil since Sept. 11, 2001 and found that 
were carried out by radical anti-government groups or white supremacists.

According to data almost twice as many people have died in attacks by right-wing groups in America than have died in attacks by Muslim extremists. Of the 26 attacks since 9/11 that the group defined as terror, 19 were carried out by non-Muslims. Yet there are no white Americans languishing inside the prison camp at 

. And there are no drones dropping bombs on gatherings of 
 in the country’s

21 minutes ago, Big girl said:

Nope. 

in the United States, according to a study by the New America Foundation. The Washington-based research organization did a review of “terror” attacks on US soil since Sept. 11, 2001 and found that 

According to data almost twice as many people have died in attacks by right-wing groups in America than have died in attacks by Muslim extremists. Of the 26 attacks since 9/11 that the group defined as terror, 19 were carried out by non-Muslims. Yet there are no white Americans languishing inside the prison camp at 

in the country’s

You need to read some more...and use a different source.

24 minutes ago, Big girl said:

Nope. 

in the country’s

You may want to pull that site up and look at it again . There are some glaring omissions , most notably the Freeway shootings in 2002 that I believe claimed over 20 victims.

6 hours ago, Big girl said:

Nope. 

in the country’s

Big Girl- you really ought to tell the truth instead of pulling this type of stunt- here is the complete article:

36 minutes ago, baddog said:

Thought I would put this here since other threads are locked.

Why didn't Bangladesh authorities simply make an 11,000 person "list"?

Obama is probably making plans to have them brought here to be put on our list...so they can be be ignored.

19 hours ago, Big girl said:

I heart goes out to all the people and family members that were affected by this tragedy.  Do I think that Muslims should be required to register with the government, absolutely not. Do I think that we should block Muslims from entering the country. Nope. I do think we should link mental health records to gun background checks. HIPPA laws are preventing that from happening.  I have mentioned this before. Every Muslim should not be punished because of the actions of a few. Ask yourself this question. Should we prohibit Europeans from entering the country, because we fear that they might become a member of the skin heads or a member of a terrorist organization such as the KKK? Should we prohibit teenager Europeans from entering the country, because we fear that they may  commit a school massacre? Should we prohibit blacks from entering the country, because we fear that they may join "The New Black Panther Party"? My answer is no.

First, I certainly appreciate the empathy you've shown for victims & families.  

Now, comparing Muslims to Europeans (I'm guessing you were referring to white, non Muslim Europeans) is like comparing apples & mustard greens.  None of those Europeans, that I know of, are in a religion that wants all other religions dead.  Many (notice, I didn't say all) Muslim Clerics are teaching "death to infidels" in Mosques across America (infidels being you, your family, & me & mine unless your Muslim).   The Muslims that want us dead, are not a relatively few, unlike the KKK, or Black Panthers, and they're instructed to commit mass murders.  Unfortunately, the religion of Islam has been "Hijacked" by these radicals.  And just as unfortunate, we can't tell the good Muslims from the bad.  I don't have all the answers, but IMO, we should stop bring Muslims into our country, at least until our Govt. gets a handle on the ones here already.   According to an article in the Wash. Times, there are over 5 Million people in the US who have overstayed their Visas.  Things are out of control.  

18 hours ago, whsalum said:

There were probably 102 innocent victims in Orlando Saturday night who would now have a very differing opinion !!

So, please explain to me if you were a card carrying gun holder and in the club, how would YOU have stopped the gunman? I really want to see your answer.

1 hour ago, baddog said:

You can't carry in a bar. Any place else, I shoot him in the face. I don't spray bullets hoping I hit something. I aim.

Your question wasn't posed to me but I put in my two cents.

That's exactly my point. You can't carry in a club/bar. And if you had, the police probably would have shot you as well. And I'm guessing you would have sprayed just from being nervous.

46 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

That's exactly my point. You can't carry in a club/bar. And if you had, the police probably would have shot you as well. And I'm guessing you would have sprayed just from being nervous.

In a dark club with everyone carrying it could have been 100+ dead. In that type of environment ppl would have been shooting in the direction of sound, im sure some (1 or 2 ppl) next to the actual shooter would know what they're shooting at if even given enough time to think about pulling their gun, but alot of innocent people would have been killed regardless. Sad situation for all, even more sadder ppl using the situation to bolster their political views, makes me wonder do they even give a damn about the victims, I highly doubt it. New America. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

In a dark club with everyone carrying it could have been 100+ dead. In that type of environment ppl would have been shooting in the direction of sound, im sure some (1 or 2 ppl) next to the actual shooter would know what they're shooting at if even given enough time to think about pulling their gun, but alot of innocent people would have been killed regardless. Sad situation for all, even more sadder ppl using the situation to bolster their political views, makes me wonder do they even give a damn about the victims, I highly doubt it. New America. 

In that same vein, it is very possible that if many people were carrying that none would be dead. The shooter would have never picked that target.

7 minutes ago, Englebert said:

In that same vein, it is very possible that if many people were carrying that none would be dead. The shooter would have never picked that target.

You're right. They are all cowards. The biggest cowards the world has ever seen. They prey on the unarmed. Not a man amongst them.

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 10:35 AM, BLUEDOVE3 said:

So, please explain to me if you were a card carrying gun holder and in the club, how would YOU have stopped the gunman? I really want to see your answer.

The gunman in this incident reportedly not only reentered rooms and shot victims again to make sure they were dead. Text and called multiple people while the carnage was going on and even stopped and washed his hands as many as 3 times during thing this attack all the while multiple people were hiding and gunned down in bathroom stalls. Had I been armed and in the club I would have done my best to take this coward out, he apparently presented several opportunities. I was raised in a home where guns were a tool, we were taught to "aim small, miss small". Hard for me to imagine 1 person being able to shoot 103 innocent people and not be confronted.

9 minutes ago, whsalum said:

The gunman in this incident reportedly not only reentered rooms and shot victims again to make sure they were dead. Text and called multiple people while the carnage was going on and even stopped and washed his hands as many as 3 times during thing this attack all the while multiple people were hiding and gunned down in bathroom stalls. Had I been armed and in the club I would have done my best to take this coward out, he apparently presented several opportunities. I was raised in a home where guns were a tool, we were taught to "aim small, miss small". Hard for me to imagine 1 person being able to shoot 103 innocent people and not be confronted.

So you really actually know 100% what you would do in that particular situation in the heat of the moment? Very good chance you make a sudden move by firing off that gun & miss and get smoked then its R.I.P. Whsalum on here because of friendly fire (by someone thinking you the gunman) or the gunman himself. 

1 hour ago, whsalum said:

I can't blame anyone for running, but it's a shame that with that many people there they didn't just swarm him.  If they had we might be talking about 5 dead and 10 injured.

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

So you really actually know 100% what you would do in that particular situation in the heat of the moment? Very good chance you make a sudden move by firing off that gun & miss and get smoked then its R.I.P. Whsalum on here because of friendly fire (by someone thinking you the gunman) or the gunman himself. 

I will say this... If someone pulls a gun and kills the shooter and an innocent person or two with friendly fire, isn't that a good deal better than the end result with nobody with a weapon trying to stop him?

2 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

I will say this... If someone pulls a gun and kills the shooter and an innocent person or two with friendly fire, isn't that a good deal better than the end result with nobody with a weapon trying to stop him?

Nobody dead but the shooter would be a good deal. 

On 6/15/2016 at 10:35 AM, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Anyone could have stopped this. A weapon would make it easier. 

It comes from people being sheep. They will cower on the floor simply waiting to die while watching people next to them killed but too afraid to defend themselves.

If only half a dozen people out of more than 100 had rushed him, even if waiting for him to reload, this would have saved dozens of lives. Again, a gun or even a knife would have made it easier. Anytime a single person holds more than 100 at bay, it is only because they allow it. 

The federal government and others (and we are teaching it locally) is run, hide, fight. If you are cornered or in a position where escape is not possible and you will likely be found, you fight. You fight with any weapon that you can get your hands on even like a fire extinguisher. Spray it in his eyes or use the canister as a club. A gun, again, simply makes it easier. 

Anyone that says a person with a gun could not have stopped is either lying for a political argument or has absolutely no clue what he is talking about. An example is flight United 93 that went down in PA. Once they realized what was happening and that this was not simply a hostage/hijacking situation, they attacked the bad guys and took the plane over. Obviously it forced the jet to the ground but they were able to keep the armed bad guys from their intent. They also likely saved the lives of many other people (just like attacking in Orlando would have done) who were on the ground. People are alive today because some passengers on United 93 did not cower and simply await their death. Had this been an active shooter or had there been enough time to regain control of the plane, they would have been successful and even less lives lost. 

You want another example? Less than a year ago three US citizens along with a couple of Europeans attacked a Muslim terrorist on a train when the guy pulled a rifle and started shooting. These guys refused to be victims and refused to allow the carnage to even start. They attacked and ended the terror attack. How? They refused to sit and wait for their turn to die. Even the British citizen that helped said that you either sit and wait for your turn to die or you stand up and charge. 

And yes, if I am caught in an active shooter situation, I will attack. Hopefully there will be more people willing to save their own lives and if so, the chances of success are extremely high. Simply waiting to be shot in the back of the head doesn't seem like much of an option to me. If I was armed (and I always am), he'd better take me out first because if his attention is on any other person, it will end right then.