Is it my imagination

stevenash

2 hours ago, stevenash said:

Very well but cant you tie that in with global warming at the same time?

One of the major causes of global warming is the discharging of firearms by the conservative civilians in the United States.   That being the case, the Secretary to the United Nations, Headup Buttocks, has demanded all those weapons confiscated.   

Yea mate, we could be liberals.

5 hours ago, stevenash said:

Or do the lefty participants on this board don't have much, if anything, to say about what happened in Orlando last night?

On a serious note, while many of us were making our initial postings on what happened, I was surprised to see the left posting on other threads.  Only Pam got on and ask we not make it a left, right thing, which is impossible if you want to discuss Why it happened, and Ways to prevent it.   Glad you pointed that out sn.  After my initial surprise, I'd forgotten.  Are they not outraged?  Will they not leave the Liberal side long enough to badmouth this Islamist Terrorist?   I don't know who let his parents in (according to reports, his father supported the Taliban), but whoever it, Repub or Dem, they need to pray for forgiveness.

I heart goes out to all the people and family members that were affected by this tragedy.  Do I think that Muslims should be required to register with the government, absolutely not. Do I think that we should block Muslims from entering the country. Nope. I do think we should link mental health records to gun background checks. HIPPA laws are preventing that from happening.  I have mentioned this before. Every Muslim should not be punished because of the actions of a few. Ask yourself this question. Should we prohibit Europeans from entering the country, because we fear that they might become a member of the skin heads or a member of a terrorist organization such as the KKK? Should we prohibit teenager Europeans from entering the country, because we fear that they may  commit a school massacre? Should we prohibit blacks from entering the country, because we fear that they may join "The New Black Panther Party"? My answer is no.

16 minutes ago, Big girl said:

I heart goes out to all the people and family members that were affected by this tragedy.  Do I think that Muslims should be required to register with the government, absolutely not. Do I think that we should block Muslims from entering the country. Nope. I do think we should link mental health records to gun background checks. HIPPA laws are preventing that from happening.  I have mentioned this before. Every Muslim should not be punished because of the actions of a few. Ask yourself this question. Should we prohibit Europeans from entering the country, because we fear that they might become a member of the skin heads or a member of a terrorist organization such as the KKK? Should we prohibit teenager Europeans from entering the country, because we fear that they may  commit a school massacre? Should we prohibit blacks from entering the country, because we fear that they may join "The New Black Panther Party"? My answer is no.

You want to link mental health records to background checks. How many mentally ill patients ever commit murder? How many mentally ill patients ever commit mass murder? Contrast that to how many people will lose their second amendment rights (you know, the only "right" that has the words "shall not be infringed" attached to it) based on suspicion. Stephen King would be the first one. I guess we can start the Salem Gun Trials.

Now, who gets to write the standards on which a person is deemed fit to own a gun. Hillary Clinton? Cass Sunstein? We already have lawmakers proposing ridiculous laws. One lawmaker proposed a law to ban guns from anyone going through a divorce. Diane Feinstein has proposed banning guns from any former military personnel. What's next? If you have ever got in a heated argument? If you have ever cut off a person in traffic? If you have ever been an internet tough guy? If you ever said a disparaging word against the sitting president?

Background checks are a tool used by the left to limit gun ownership. If we are going to start banning guns from people, we need to congruently ban that person's right to vote. After all, if you are unfit to own a gun, you are definitely unfit to vote.

2 minutes ago, nappyroots said:

Maybe we should let people carry guns as they please, church, elementary schools, bars, no age limit either.

Forget about global warming and trust Exxon Mobil, motiva, dupont ect. stop inspecting food and planes.

The more people carrying the safer we are.

And do you really want to go into global warming again? If you think the oil companies are lying, wait until you uncover the lies posed by this administration. "Lies of the year" for the next 50 years. If you really want to have a discussion on global warming, start a new thread. I will happily discuss it with you.

4 minutes ago, Englebert said:

The more people carrying the safer we are.

And do you really want to go into global warming again? If you think the oil companies are lying, wait until you uncover the lies posed by this administration. "Lies of the year" for the next 50 years. If you really want to have a discussion on global warming, start a new thread. I will happily discuss it with you.

I think you are totally wrong. I think my life is in more danger with you and your partners carrying guns. Too many would want to run to the scene, shoot first and ask questions later. Especially if I pull mine out after hearing gunshots. Innocent people shooting at other innocent people. It's already scary enough with police pointing guns at you.

2 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

I think you are totally wrong. I think my life is in more danger with you and your partners carrying guns. Too many would want to run to the scene, shoot first and ask questions later. Especially if I pull mine out after hearing gunshots. Innocent people shooting at other innocent people. It's already scary enough with police pointing guns at you.

We have a complete difference of opinion then. I'm around people with guns all of the time. I've actually heard people say "we wouldn't dare go out there and mess with y'all because everyone has a gun". Criminals look for soft targets. They are much more likely to find a different target than to go to a place where they know people are packing.

28 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

There were probably 102 innocent victims in Orlando Saturday night who would now have a very differing opinion !!

1 hour ago, Englebert said:

We have a complete difference of opinion then. I'm around people with guns all of the time. I've actually heard people say "we wouldn't dare go out there and mess with y'all because everyone has a gun". Criminals look for soft targets. They are much more likely to find a different target than to go to a place where they know people are packing.

For example, I doubt you'll ever see a mass shooting at a gun show.

i know it's not impossible someone may attempt it, but IF someone was that crazy, I can assure you, there won't be 50 killed by a single shooter.   More likely the shooter would be shot 50 times.

Dove- If someone breaks into my house with intent to do harm to my home and/or family, am I safer with or without a gun?  ( note I did not say is the criminal safer, am I safer because if have no concern, compassion, tolerance and all the other lefty buzzwords for a criminal)

6 hours ago, Big girl said:

Two questions for you Big girl 1.  Is every Muslim a terrorist?  2.  Is every terrorist a Muslim/muslim sympathizer

5 hours ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

That was the claim when concealed carry was being considered...there would be wild west style shootouts in the streets...never happened.

Only place you see that are in strict gun control cities like Chicago...run by Democrats.

3 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

That was the claim when concealed carry was being considered...there would be wild west style shootouts in the streets...never happened.

Only place you see that are in strict gun control cities like Chicago...run by Democrats.

Other than the gunfight at the OK corral, I think most wild west gunfights were in the movie westerns and Hollywooded up. The person who killed more people than anyone was Lucas McCain. He's what they need in Chicago.