Santa Fe 6 Port Neches-Groves 1/Gm1-Final/Santa Fe leads series 1-0

I look for PNG to bounce back in game 2 behind Leckich. I expect a shutout. Maybe 4-0 game. Then go to a deciding game 3. PNG should be deep enough pitching wise to advance. I'm not sure what SF has in their #2 and #3. Now if SF throws their #3 Friday then it could be tough in game 3 for PNG. I still expect PNG to advance. But anything can happen!

If PNG doesn't win with the 2 pitchers they have and defense - not good for the coach.  With MUCH respect to the Henry kid, there are scouts all across America looking at other "Henrys" too.  Not to discount his talent or future  but as a matter of fact that is whats happening to 100s or 1,000s of HS pitchers across the nation.  We played them tough the 1st district game- when he got ejected and his Dad started Easter bunny hopping on the field.  still cant believe it  no consequences  for either the daddy or player by the district, coach or UIL  Guess that's the way things are going.

3 hours ago, Whoa said:

If PNG doesn't win with the 2 pitchers they have and defense - not good for the coach.  With MUCH respect to the Henry kid, there are scouts all across America looking at other "Henrys" too.  Not to discount his talent or future  but as a matter of fact that is whats happening to 100s or 1,000s of HS pitchers across the nation.  We played them tough the 1st district game- when he got ejected and his Dad started Easter bunny hopping on the field.  still cant believe it  no consequences  for either the daddy or player by the district, coach or UIL  Guess that's the way things are going.

Is it the coaches fault that PNG gave up 6 runs with their Ace pitching. I guess we can also blame him for the offense scoring 1 one. When all else fails, put it on the coach. A district championship in a very competitive district, that seems good for the coach.

49 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

Haven't seen Santa Fe HS play, but my son played against a lot of them in summer ball. they have some talent there, so I wouldn't write off Santa Fe yet. Hope PNG can pull it out.

I wouldn't write them off either...seeing as they lead the series 1-0..lol