Woodville new AD starts off bad

4 minutes ago, rhino1877 said:

Must be sore from not lifting weights anyway.... I see both sides of the coin... 

As do I, point being, when its baseball season let the baseball coach handle his players......they have been lifting, so I don't know if it was the reps or just doing something a little different.  

3 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

If your working hard ALL YEAR, one workout in MAY should not make you so sore you can't walk.

Your right Tigers, I don't know what I was thinking.  These kids probably don't know how to work hard since they were projected to place last in district and came in 2nd place.  I guess you can do that by being a couch potato.

Point is is that they have got a great staff and Im sure that the new hire is excellent but the UIL discourages football coaches from lifting kids in other sports on game days. As a fact I know that football coaches dont lift their own kids on game days they sure as hell should respect their own coaches and kids enough not to do it to them.

For baseball heavy lifting on game day could cause a pitcher or infielder  to become somewhat tired and change his throwing mechanics slightly which could lead to shoulder or elbow issues. Low weight high reps or a bunch of pushups no matter how often they have been lifting will for sure cause the players arm to be sore the next day again resulting in a significant or slight change in his natural throwing motion which we all know can lead to arm issues.

They are #1 in softball baseball is going great. They have excellent coaches and kids that work. Im sure the new AD/football coach will also be great. Lets just hope that he respects the other programs and is comfortable enough in his own skin to them them coach.

28 minutes ago, rykerx144 said:

How exactly does the "UIL"  "discourage football coaches from lifting kids in other sports"

Section 1205: ATHLETIC ELIGIBILITY

(j) DAY OF GAME RESTRICTION. Participation in an off-season program shall not be required for varsity athletes on the day of an in-season varsity competition, or for non-varsity athletes on the day of an in-season non-varsity competition.

22 hours ago, rykerx144 said:

This is typical of the attitude and culture of some of the Woodville program.  There's a reason you have been through handful of AD's and can't figure out why so many athletes but can't turn the corner and to the next level.  Strength and discipline!!  Leave him alone and let him do his job.

New flash, we (WOS) always lifted weights during offseason periodeven before my baseball and soccer games. Never affected me or my teammates. This isnt toward you ryker, was solidifying your view.

7 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

(j) DAY OF GAME RESTRICTION. Participation in an off-season program shall not be required for varsity athletes on the day of an in-season varsity competition, or for non-varsity athletes on the day of an in-season non-varsity competition.

All that says is if the athlete doesn't want to lift, he doesn't have too. We never had that problem so......

11 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

thanks,  I was looking and couldn't find it in writing

32 minutes ago, kicker said:

New flash, we (WOS) always lifted weights during offseason periodeven before my baseball and soccer games. Never affected me or my teammates. This isnt toward you ryker, was solidifying your view.

I was just answering the question where it says in the UIL manual that athletes are not required to work out on game day.

Work em out Im all for that, but you cant work them out to a point where it changes their throwing motion because they are sore or tired from that workout.

Again, they have a great staff. Ive heard nothing but great things about the AD Head Footballl hire. Like I said I just hope that he has enough faith in himself, his X's & O's, and his ability to lead that he lets his coaches coach and he gives their programs the utmost respect. The same respect that he will demand for his program and authority. 

3 minutes ago, jeffcoat said:

Work em out Im all for that, but you cant work them out to a point where it changes their throwing motion because they are sore or tired from that workout.

Again, they have a great staff. Ive heard nothing but great things about the AD Head Footballl hire. Like I said I just hope that he has enough faith in himself, his X's & O's, and his ability to lead that he lets his coaches coach and he gives their programs the utmost respect. The same respect that he will demand for his program and authority. 

Very few do. Most HFC's think they have to come in and be complete and total hard butts to build something.