Sterling

8 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

Head Football Coach placed on administrative leave.

This is the hidden content, please

Hope this is enough factual information to keep this post from getting locked.

Coaching issues are news.

You know, if the board rules regarding what should and should not be posted rankle you so much, you are welcome not to post!

But if you do post, I really don't want to hear your griping anymore.

20 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

You know, if the board rules regarding what should and should not be posted rankle you so much, you are welcome not to post!

But if you do post, I really don't want to hear your griping anymore.

Not gripping, just a real big fan of Freedom of Speech. I feel like as long as the statement is not slanderous or liable then we should allow it to be discussed.

As administrators of this site, I understand your position and respect you and your rules. I just like information and disagree with what is news.  

2 hours ago, PlayActionPass said:

Not gripping, just a real big fan of Freedom of Speech. I feel like as long as the statement is not slanderous or liable then we should allow it to be discussed.

As administrators of this site, I understand your position and respect you and your rules. I just like information and disagree with what is news.  

This is a privately owned site, not a government or publicly owned site.  The owner can enforce the rules as he sees fit.

Here we go again. One guy protecting first amendment rights, one claiming its a private site so first amendment rights don't apply. A great coach and even better man in hot water. Thank God this is not a gossip site!

1 hour ago, fido said:

Here we go again. One guy protecting first amendment rights, one claiming its a private site so first amendment rights don't apply. A great coach and even better man in hot water. Thank God this is not a gossip site!

I am really no more in a mood for your griping than I was his.

8 hours ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

Is it common to have a booster club just for Football instead of for ALL athletics?

I believe, from what I know of trying to get a booster club started, that by UIL rules a booster club has to be for just one group such as boys basketball, not both boys and girls.

7 hours ago, ST413 said:

I believe, from what I know of trying to get a booster club started, that by UIL rules a booster club has to be for just one group such as boys basketball, not both boys and girls.

Not true. You set it up how you want.

GCM initially had an all sports booster club. After several years passed and support diminished,  that booster club went away. Now all sports have seperate clubs (if they have one at all). I would bet baseball has the largest membership. Sterling has had seperate clubs for the past 30 years.

The parental support in GCCISD is not something to be proud of. Don't get me wrong, there are many parents that put in numerous hours of their time to support their programs, but with a district our size,  there should  be far more members.

We tried to start one earlier this year,. And I know there was extensive research done over about a years time maybe more.  I didn't do it but that was what we were told it's no longer athletic booster club but baseball booster club or softball booster club. 

I do do know there are strict rules which presents lots of work.  This and lack of participation is a problem especially in sports with smaller numbers of players.

1 hour ago, ST413 said:

We tried to start one earlier this year,. And I know there was extensive research done over about a years time maybe more.  I didn't do it but that was what we were told it's no longer athletic booster club but baseball booster club or softball booster club. 

I do do know there are strict rules which presents lots of work.  This and lack of participation is a problem especially in sports with smaller numbers of players.

The school or district may want things a certain way.  The school district has ultimate authority over all booster club activities.

Low participation with a few people putting in tons of work isn't a symptom of only goose Creek.   Sad to see so many folks just sitting back.  If more would give a few hours it withhold make a world of difference for the kids

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like its time for a change at Sterling. Program has a lot of potential that is going to waste. I'd like to put Joe Berezoski's name out there as a candidate to replace the old coach. Coach Bear has a ton of experience, dating back to his days at Clear Lake coaching with Jerry Stewart. Coach Bear worked alongside Coach Stewart to help build Clear Lake into a winner, and I know from experience that he could do the same at Sterling. He's been at Sterling 8 years and is currently not coaching due to being ran out by political "shenanigans" of the current regime. Hopefully this is the opportunity I know he's been looking for.

44 minutes ago, HookEm88 said:

From what I know, seems to be a foregone conclusion at this point

I agree that will probably be the final outcome of the matter.  However, until the probability becomes a reality, we need to be a little more circumspect about successors to replace a coach who has not left yet.

On 4/9/2016 at 7:56 AM, GCMPats said:

Not true. You set it up how you want.

GCM initially had an all sports booster club. After several years passed and support diminished,  that booster club went away. Now all sports have seperate clubs (if they have one at all). I would bet baseball has the largest membership. Sterling has had seperate clubs for the past 30 years.

The parental support in GCCISD is not something to be proud of. Don't get me wrong, there are many parents that put in numerous hours of their time to support their programs, but with a district our size,  there should  be far more members.

My wife is wanting to get some thing going for GCM, has been trying to get some thing gong at highlands but noone help. I almost am to the point of telling her no. 

I know a coach at Sterling and they were surprised it took this long for it to happen.

41 minutes ago, GCMinTheFuture said:

My wife is wanting to get some thing going for GCM, has been trying to get some thing gong at highlands but noone help. I almost am to the point of telling her no. 

I know a coach at Sterling and they were surprised it took this long for it to happen.

Have you been in contact with Coach Jones? He may can get you connected with some others who have expressed interest. 

Unfortunately, based on my experience, that will not be a large number of people.

1 hour ago, GCMPats said:

Have you been in contact with Coach Jones? He may can get you connected with some others who have expressed interest. 

Unfortunately, based on my experience, that will not be a large number of people.

Not sure, I think she may have spoke with him once or twice.