Dayton

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 10:25 AM, jayhawk said:

I could care less what DFW or what Crosby does in the off season ,I was talking about BH's new clinic sponsored by "Under Armour" simple enoungh - obviously by your inference you have low comprehension skills. We seen what Riordan looks like when he has all the best D-1 mecca players on the field in the secound round.

Man, first time I've ever been called out by a pipe fitter on comprehension skills. We have seen what Riordan looks like with all of the best D-1 players on the field, he hasn't lost the last three years when that's been the case, 34-5 to be exact.

Here's what BH will do this offseason, it's a normal athletic improvement course for about an hour a day that most decent teams partake in. Crosby, George Ranch, Westfield, Katy, North Shore, etc. all do programs like this. My point is that you're highlighting something that has become standard operating practices around the state, BH is being brought up to speed instead of being the outlier like Dayton obviously is now.

This is the hidden content, please

1 hour ago, prepballfan said:

I do play fantasy football just not for money. My beliefs in Dayton winning district is just that my belief. Its not a shot at you are Crosby. 

By dist titles over past 20 yrs there's 50% chance,by playoff % over same period=100% chance=playing for 21 straight & 1st dist title for new Ad/Hc who was on staff as O/C during every dist title over 20 yrs

On 5/2/2016 at 10:32 AM, Cougar14.2 said:

Man, first time I've ever been called out by a pipe fitter on comprehension skills. We have seen what Riordan looks like with all of the best D-1 players on the field, he hasn't lost the last three years when that's been the case, 34-5 to be exact.

Here's what BH will do this offseason, it's a normal athletic improvement course for about an hour a day that most decent teams partake in. Crosby, George Ranch, Westfield, Katy, North Shore, etc. all do programs like this. My point is that you're highlighting something that has become standard operating practices around the state, BH is being brought up to speed instead of being the outlier like Dayton obviously is now.

D-1 Players???

23 hours ago, CCRed said:

The "D1" comment was brought up by jaybird and Cougar14 was just replying to that. Signing over 10 football players per year to colleges is impressive though.  Thanks for posting the article. 

I agree that signing that many players is impressive.  Good luck to them at the next level. 

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 10:53 AM, RayJr said:

Unbiased opinion of somebody fairly close to both programs,

I'll go with Dayton this year by a Carranco field goal (or next man up).

With the additions of the kids from San Antonio and Summer Creek, Crosby has both sides of the ball solidified for the most part. I'm sure a couple of things will change over the Summer and Fall camp though. You can expect Netherly to put up something like 35tds/5ints with about 1,500 rushing yards to go with it if Crosby is healthy. I also expect well over 2,000 yards from the backfield combination of Williams and Grace. For the fourth straight year Crosby will put a faster and more potent combination of athletes on the field than the previous year.

If Crosby is healthy the only games they should have a chance of losing are the two non-district games and the potential second round rematch with Manvel, other than that only the Temple's and Cedar Park's of the region would scare Crosby.

3 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

With the additions of the kids from San Antonio and Summer Creek, Crosby has both sides of the ball solidified for the most part. I'm sure a couple of things will change over the Summer and Fall camp though. You can expect Netherly to put up something like 35tds/5ints with about 1,500 rushing yards to go with it if Crosby is healthy. I also expect well over 2,000 yards from the backfield combination of Williams and Grace. For the fourth straight year Crosby will put a faster and more potent combination of athletes on the field than the previous year.

If Crosby is healthy the only games they should have a chance of losing are the two non-district games and the potential second round rematch with Manvel, other than that only the Temple's and Cedar Park's of the region would scare Crosby.

Heard this last year, and Crosby took that playoff L "at home". Play one game at a time. Anyone can beat anyone on any given night.

2 hours ago, Scatright said:

Heard this last year, and Crosby took that playoff L "at home". Play one game at a time. Anyone can beat anyone on any given night.

Yeah, exactly what I said was/is still true though. It was actually more of a "home game" for Ridge Point anyway since they're closer to NRG. The reason I said if healthy is because Grace blew out his knee in the second game of the season against Angleton in a 34-0 win where he had 7 carries for 99 yards in the first quarter. It didn't affect us against anyone else during the season but killed us not to have his inside running presence against Ridge Point.

It's far from true that anyone can beat anyone on a given night. With the product I saw Lumberton put on the field we could have played that game 100 times and won 70-0 nearly every time. At the Nederland vs New Caney game Coach Babin himself said "we just don't have anything like that in Lumberton". Same for Galena Park and half the other teams in our district.

Crosby has only lost 2 games to teams in the SETXsports coverage area the last four year and both of those schools are 6A now. You will continue to hear the same thing, at least from me, as it pertains to the outlook/predictions for Crosby football. Crosby is no longer judged on regular season success, we're at the point now where we can go 11-0 and it still be considered a sub-par season. Do some research man, the only teams Crosby's staff are worried about reside in SW Houston and Central Texas with the exception of Manvel. Everyone on the staff has more couth than me and would never admit that though.  

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Waltejas000 said:

Noticed on the website that Ron Wilson will be the OC at Dayton next year I love the sound of that!

He was OC last year... i believe he's moving on from coaching, but will still teach. He deserves tons of credit for Dayton's success in building a winning program, from his time at the jr high.

On 5/21/2016 at 1:08 PM, dayton said:

He was OC last year... i believe he's moving on from coaching, but will still teach. He deserves tons of credit for Dayton's success in building a winning program, from his time at the jr high.

Also noticed Quinn Wood is listed as DC. Did he hold that title last year?