Dayton

• 3 weeks later...

Kiddos are coming out to play,if they all stay the course the Broncos will field 35 seniors in 2017.That's a bakers dozen more than I ever remember.2016 line play gonna look like a team of Clydesdales w/bigs,this will be the largest group of kiddos ever to wear purple/white that I've seen over 50+ yrs=pairing that w/atheletic skill players Dayt always has,w/a history of fielding great kickers means another post season app w/emphasis on defense &. winning the district championship 2016

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 6:51 AM, liltex said:

Kiddos are coming out to play,if they all stay the course the Broncos will field 35 seniors in 2017.That's a bakers dozen more than I ever remember.2016 line play gonna look like a team of Clydesdales w/bigs,this will be the largest group of kiddos ever to wear purple/white that I've seen over 50+ yrs=pairing that w/atheletic skill players Dayt always has,w/a history of fielding great kickers means another post season app w/emphasis on defense &. winning the district championship 2016

I will certainly be there to watch those Broncos.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 6:51 AM, liltex said:

I remember you sais that last year too. Then those big boys up front could only get Styner 45 rushing yards while Dayton averaged less than 3ypc as a team. I played golf with a Dayton admin the other day and let's just say, you're a lot more optimistic than he was/is. Paraphrasing it was relayed that Dayton "doesn't have anymore Cody Green's or AJ Dugat's walking the halls." It's interesting you think Nations will make that much of a difference, all the kids' parents I've talked to said everything looks the same except for more kids playing. I hope Dayton does improve for next year, no way y'all should've lost to PNG with that squad they put on the field. My question is what do you do if Nations gets there and produces the exact same results as Hancock, or misses the playoffs his first year?   

FYI 3 days ago 15 differant Universities visited w/Nations@DHS,that hasn't happened in 4 yrs.So these kids are excited that they're playing for more than pride and a high school diploma.For your question"What do I do IF"=I keep on supporting Dayt atheletics because Crosby needs to win the next 9 straight to get to .500 vs Dayt Broncos

7 minutes ago, liltex said:

FYI 3 days ago 15 differant Universities visited w/Nations@DHS,that hasn't happened in 4 yrs.So these kids are excited that they're playing for more than pride and a high school diploma.For your question"What do I do IF"=I keep on supporting Dayt atheletics because Crosby needs to win the next 9 straight to get to .500 vs Dayt Broncos

That's good for Dayton. Kids always get motivated when they see those college logos on recruiter's shirts when they walk into the field house. As far as the "what if . . . " question it was more geared towards the reassurance you've given us that Nations is a better coach than Hancock. I think Crosby has a better than good chance of beating Dayton the next 9 years in a row anyway though, we probably only have six more years to play in district before Crosby moves to 6A. I think Crosby having better coaches, better players, better support, better facilities, a bigger enrollment and more resources in general is going to be too much for Dayton to deal with in the coming future. I think these next three years Crosby wins by an average of about 20ppg.  

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

That's good for Dayton. Kids always get motivated when they see those college logos on recruiter's shirts when they walk into the field house. As far as the "what if . . . " question it was more geared towards the reassurance you've given us that Nations is a better coach than Hancock. I think Crosby has a better than good chance of beating Dayton the next 9 years in a row anyway though, we probably only have six more years to play in district before Crosby moves to 6A. I think Crosby having better coaches, better players, better support, better facilities, a bigger enrollment and more resources in general is going to be too much for Dayton to deal with in the coming future. I think these next three years Crosby wins by an average of about 20ppg.  

laughable - just like they did the last three years - stirring the pot as usual- better hope you get out of the gate with a win over BH they might beat crosby by 20 pts -

2 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Best joke I've heard on this board

On 4/12/2016 at 6:51 AM, liltex said:

Dayton will win the district championship in 2016!!!!

1 hour ago, jayhawk said:

laughable - just like they did the last three years - stirring the pot as usual- better hope you get out of the gate with a win over BH they might beat crosby by 20 pts -

Kingwood Park is the team that I think would give Crosby trouble next year. BH is switching to a more wide open offense but is running an athletic deficit right now. Crosby has trouble with teams that pound it on us like Ridge Point, Cedar Park, Elgin and King. When Dayton was consistently beating Crosby they used to pound it on us too, even BH had some success in the first half running it on us last year.

I think Riordan has shown enough to be able to make the statement, that if you don't have high level talent that you won't beat Crosby. It's very difficult to out-scheme Crosby on either side of the ball which is what BH would have to do to win right now. Other than Elgin which had the Simmons brothers, who were probably the best backfield in Central Texas that year, everybody that has beaten Crosby the last three or four years has at least 3 and 4 star players on the roster. That's what it takes to win at the top of 5A now, Crosby has more of that than any 5A school in the coverage area except for maybe PAM. Unless we lost to Reagan or Manvel which are good possibilities, Crosby probably wins their second consecutive undefeated district championship.  

18 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

Dayton will win the district championship in 2016!!!!

Lol, Dayton will be doing well to make the playoffs 2016. Nations isn't walking into a situation like Riordan where you have 5000+ yards of offense in your backfield and an all-state receiver on the outside. Dayton and KP have similar talent levels and Maple went 2-8 his first year at the helm in 21-5A, that's coming from another head coaching job whereas Nations hasn't called a play in a game in 5 years.

If you're confident we can always make a friendly wager though? Dayton wins district and I'll donate $250 to the site, if they don't win district you donate $250 to the site. I'll even give you an out, if Dayton doesn't win district but PNG does we still push. Deal?  

2 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Kingwood Park is the team that I think would give Crosby trouble next year. BH is switching to a more wide open offense but is running an athletic deficit right now. Crosby has trouble with teams that pound it on us like Ridge Point, Cedar Park, Elgin and King. When Dayton was consistently beating Crosby they used to pound it on us too, even BH had some success in the first half running it on us last year.

I think Riordan has shown enough to be able to make the statement, that if you don't have high level talent that you won't beat Crosby. It's very difficult to out-scheme Crosby on either side of the ball which is what BH would have to do to win right now. Other than Elgin which had the Simmons brothers, who were probably the best backfield in Central Texas that year, everybody that has beaten Crosby the last three or four years has at least 3 and 4 star players on the roster. That's what it takes to win at the top of 5A now, Crosby has more of that than any 5A school in the coverage area except for maybe PAM. Unless we lost to Reagan or Manvel which are good possibilities, Crosby probably wins their second consecutive undefeated district championship.

You don't think a 4-time 6a state champion coach is going to step up to the plate empty handed do you ? They have some new arrivals and one is a stud QB from what my BH work friends are telling me not to mention Under Armour is putting on a clinic for their weight & conditioning program this summer.The hill will not be an easy out for anybody in district and they will continue to get better it might be a good thing you get them early.

1 hour ago, jayhawk said:

You don't think a 4-time 6a state champion coach is going to step up to the plate empty handed do you ? They have some new arrivals and one is a stud QB from what my BH work friends are telling me not to mention Under Armour is putting on a clinic for their weight & conditioning program this summer.The hill will not be an easy out for anybody in district and they will continue to get better it might be a good thing you get them early.

Most of the decent teams in the DFW all go through the clinic you're talking about. We do Edge in the offseason at Crosby which is the same thing, other teams call it different things other places. Obviously y'all don't do anything like that in Dayton or you would know that. I don't know where you got the stud QB thing from, which is exactly why I asked the question in the Spring Game thread?

It's not about stepping up to the plate empty-handed, Westeberg got about a $35k raise to come coach at BH and be the AD. No doubt he thinks he can win at BH, but remember Gage also had two 6A titles when he came. He has an opportunity to boost his retirement just like Price and Gage did, so he took it. When he was the OC at Garland and he won a title he had top tier talent, same for being the head coach at Allen. Do you not think Allen won't be just as good without him? See Euless Trinity, Cedar Park and Aledo who didn't lose a beat when their great coaches left.

Think about it, before this last year every QB he coached at Allen went to what is currently a Big 12 school or an SEC school. Last year Seth Greene, who was already committed to Oregon when he transferred, was the only kid not to play in one of those conferences. He chose to play for Minnesota instead. Let's see how he looks when he doesn't have the best players on the field, I think Riordan is going to eat his lunch.     

17 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Most of the decent teams in the DFW all go through the clinic you're talking about. We do Edge in the offseason at Crosby which is the same thing, other teams call it different things other places. Obviously y'all don't do anything like that in Dayton or you would know that. I don't know where you got the stud QB thing from, which is exactly why I asked the question in the Spring Game thread?

It's not about stepping up to the plate empty-handed, Westeberg got about a $35k raise to come coach at BH and be the AD. No doubt he thinks he can win at BH, but remember Gage also had two 6A titles when he came. He has an opportunity to boost his retirement just like Price and Gage did, so he took it. When he was the OC at Garland and he won a title he had top tier talent, same for being the head coach at Allen. Do you not think Allen won't be just as good without him? See Euless Trinity, Cedar Park and Aledo who didn't lose a beat when their great coaches left.

Think about it, before this last year every QB he coached at Allen went to what is currently a Big 12 school or an SEC school. Last year Seth Greene, who was already committed to Oregon when he transferred, was the only kid not to play in one of those conferences. He chose to play for Minnesota instead. Let's see how he looks when he doesn't have the best players on the field, I think Riordan is going to eat his lunch.    

I could care less what DFW or what Crosby does in the off season ,I was talking about BH's new clinic sponsored by "Under Armour" simple enoungh - obviously by your inference you have low comprehension skills. We seen what Riordan looks like when he has all the best D-1 mecca players on the field in the secound round.

4 hours ago, jayhawk said:

I could care less what DFW or what Crosby does in the off season ,I was talking about BH's new clinic sponsored by "Under Armour" simple enoungh - obviously by your inference you have low comprehension skills. We seen what Riordan looks like when he has all the best D-1 mecca players on the field in the secound round.

I agree that Dayton gets to claim historical supremecy over Crosby due to total head-to-head win loss record. But just curious, how many years in a row does Code Red have to beat the Broncos before you admit that there's a new sheriff in town. We're up to 3. Is it 4? 5? 8? 10?  Just curious. 

4 hours ago, jayhawk said:

I just paid this for my son on this deal. $200 to attend. Looks like a good program.  We'll see what it does for the kids.

4 hours ago, Red Dawn said:

I agree that Dayton gets to claim historical supremecy over Crosby due to total head-to-head win loss record. But just curious, how many years in a row does Code Red have to beat the Broncos before you admit that there's a new sheriff in town. We're up to 3. Is it 4? 5? 8? 10?  Just curious. 

Let you know after we play you again in district :) I don't think we've won district in 5yrs since Hancock took over so Crosby is at the top of the food chain hands down- hoping our new coach gets us back on track- this is going to be one of our best teams in years.

2 hours ago, jayhawk said:

Let you know after we play you again in district :) I don't think we've won district in 5yrs since Hancock took over so Crosby is at the top of the food chain hands down- hoping our new coach gets us back on track- this is going to be one of our best teams in years.

Love the rivalry!!! Takes two good teams to have a real rivalry. 

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 3:00 PM, prepballfan said:

Actually betting is far and away against my religion. I do however believe Dayton will win the district. I do not have to place a silly childish bet to believe that. 

You can look at it as betting, I look at it as a possible improvement to the site based of predicted team performance which is mostly what the site it about. Neither of us gain anything from it but it does show how fervent we are in our beliefs. If it's against your religion then it's a moot point and I'm sorry for even bringing it up, too bad you don't get to play fantasy football or anything else of the sort though.