Silsbee open

Pepper Brooks

If they do go outside (which I think they need to) simply to bring in some newideas and a different way of doing things, then the new coach needs to have the ability to build relationships with the coaches that are already there. An infusion of new concepts, combined with a new approach to similar schemes and a vision for how to accomplish HUGE goals is what is needed.

Just curious people have been waiting for a change and hope that silsbee can break into that Carthage celina wos waskom navasota type of football I am very patient but just excited and want silsbee to get to the top if those teams can win titles why can't silsbee I know it might take a while to get all the pieces and coaches in order but just want the Tigers to win after all they did last year it seem like some people said silsbee was more lucky than good

2 minutes ago, MBaller#1 said:

Just curious people have been waiting for a change and hope that silsbee can break into that Carthage celina wos waskom navasota type of football I am very patient but just excited and want silsbee to get to the top if those teams can win titles why can't silsbee I know it might take a while to get all the pieces and coaches in order but just want the Tigers to win after all they did last year it seem like some people said silsbee was more lucky than good

Very interesting 

30 minutes ago, MBaller#1 said:

They're normally very talented, but seem to fall short of great.... last year being an exception.  All jokes aside, most of the time when other teams beat Silsbee, it's not because they had better athletes, but the opponents would do a better job of playing as a team, limiting mistakes, and avoiding ridiculous penalties....especially pointless personal fouls like the one in our game where our kid scored and then somebody from Silsbee then smoked him 5 yards into the endzone. First personal foul of many.  No offense, but underperforming is more of a tradition at Silsbee than quality wins.  It's flashes of greatness mixed in with way too much ridiculousness over there.  I hope a new guy can straighten that out. 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

They're normally very talented, but seem to fall short of great.... last year being an exception.  All jokes aside, most of the time when other teams beat Silsbee, it's not because they had better athletes, but the opponents would do a better job of playing as a team, limiting mistakes, and avoiding ridiculous penalties....especially pointless personal fouls like the one in our game where our kid scored and then somebody from Silsbee then smoked him 5 yards into the endzone. First personal foul of many.  No offense, but underperforming is more of a tradition at Silsbee than quality wins.  It's flashes of greatness mixed in with way too much ridiculousness over there.  I hope a new guy can straighten that out. 

New voice, new vision, different expectations and a commitment to excellence.

On Thursday, February 18, 2016 at 0:51 PM, CardinalBacker said:

I would say that the Silsbee/ BC game was just a violent game altogether. Silsbee had some late hits, but so did BC

OK!  Has anyone heard anything on the possible hiring of the Silsbee coach?  I hope they hire someone who has been there!  Why go out and hire someone who will just use the job as a stepping stone to go somewhere else?  Hire someone that is planning on being there to continue the program. 

10 hours ago, 409HOOPS said:

OK!  Has anyone heard anything on the possible hiring of the Silsbee coach?  I hope they hire someone who has been there!  Why go out and hire someone who will just use the job as a stepping stone to go somewhere else?  Hire someone that is planning on being there to continue the program. 

I agree 100%. This should not be a short term, shot in the dark hire. I think there needs to be some fresh ideas and a new approach, so an outside hire is probably the way to go. But, with that being said, it needs to be a hire where there is long term commitment and at least the desire to stay until Championships are won. And not just district championships.

1 hour ago, PlayActionPass said:

I agree 100%. This should not be a short term, shot in the dark hire. I think there needs to be some fresh ideas and a new approach, so an outside hire is probably the way to go. But, with that being said, it needs to be a hire where there is long term commitment and at least the desire to stay until Championships are won. And not just district championships.

I agree.

It is hard to find a coach that will stay at 1 school for a long period of time.