Nederland 4 Vidor 3 Final

Ja Nixon was the young closer for us that we brought in in the seventh....i just want stuff to get cleared up so that not all of the blame gets put on him. nixon was pitched very well. we had 2 outs 2 strikes on the guy at the plate who was not a very good hitter, and he picked when NOBODY called for it. although this was the LAST play that lost the game, lets not forget other situations that hurt us. center field had a past ball. diving play missed by right field with two outs no need for it but cost us another run. baserunning mistakes at second base. so, i'm just making sure that not all of the blame gets put on nixon, it wasn't all of his fault. but, congrats to nederland.

I don't think I have ever seen a runner score all the way from second on a pick play. Surely there was an over throw at third or a play at the plate or something. It would seem to me the centerfielder just had to get the ball and throw it in. You still have 2 strikes on the hitter.

the center fielder threw the ball to the shortstop and the shortstop made a decent throw to the plate that was way on time, but the ball DID shorthop the catcher, although it should have been caught, it wasn't. but that is how he scored. All in all though, there should have never been a pickoff...and we beat them every way possible but the score. and i DO believe that everyone is underrating us and overrating nederland. in my oppinion we have proven ourselves time and time again. last game of last year, we beat lcm. this year we beat png...we've proven that we are as good as every "power house" team that is in this district and still we havn't gotten very much credit, though we have received some...just think about that.

Actually, it happened earlier this year in the West Brook-Barbe game. Ferguson doubles. Barbe tries to pick off at second and throws ball into CF. CF is shaded toward LCF and catches ball running to his side and has to turn to throw. Walton sends Ferguson who scores easily. Still, it ain't a play you see every day.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin