National Signing Day is today!

NDFan09

1 hour ago, LB76 said:

All this discussion between Texas and A&M......To me they are pretty much in the same boat, they both have at least 4 strong teams in their conferences that I feel can play with anyone. Texas had a great day yesterday, but like the Aggies it takes a while to build the quality depth that is needed to compete in todays games. UT will be improved no doubt, Kyle Porter was a good one, and there defense should step up next year. The Aggie defense was definitely better this year, but again not enough depth all around. Alabama has that depth, as does LSU, Clemson, etc. Both teams should be improved, and as a Texan, I hope they both do well this season. Anyway, just my 2 cents.

Used to feel the same dude (and unofficially still do to a large degree (don't tell Bulldogbacker, whoopi and baddog please) Before I really starting reading and posting on this site I rooted for Texas as long as they were not playing Texas A&M or Tech.  But with the constant hate that A&M receives (exclude TXHORN as he admits he does it for the reactions) it has become increasingly hard to not just hate everything Burnt Orange - hell I had a road rage incident just because I was cut off by a burnt orange KIA yesterday:).

Also agree on the same boat comment - will be interesting if Texas can win over 7 games - if not think Strong is squarely on the hot seat - and deservedly so.  And if Sumlim has another end of year complete collapse then he will be history as well.  One Texas fan posted that he thought that Sumlin would be fired first - and I tend to agree with that statement - but if we have a repeat of 2015 they may well be looking for a new job together.

5 minutes ago, OldTimer said:

Used to feel the same dude (and unofficially still do to a large degree (don't tell Bulldogbacker, whoopi and baddog please) Before I really starting reading and posting on this site I rooted for Texas as long as they were not playing Texas A&M or Tech.  But with the constant hate that A&M receives (exclude TXHORN as he admits he does it for the reactions) it has become increasingly hard to not just hate everything Burnt Orange - hell I had a road rage incident just because I was cut off by a burnt orange KIA yesterday:).

Also agree on the same boat comment - will be interesting if Texas can win over 7 games - if not think Strong is squarely on the hot seat - and deservedly so.  And if Sumlim has another end of year complete collapse then he will be history as well.  One Texas fan posted that he thought that Sumlin would be fired first - and I tend to agree with that statement - but if we have a repeat of 2015 they may well be looking for a new job together.

I feel ya, OT.  I just come on here to give you a hard time...I guess Mack as well.  I told you the other day, and this post solidifies it, you MIGHT make a decent sip one of these days!!

2 minutes ago, OldTimer said:

You dont know me well enough to judge me. I used to enjoy aggie football during the Slocum years. In fact, my son wore an aggie cap all the time......not a problem even though I was a Texas fan. Fran came in and things changed. Also joined this board and saw the UT hatred spewing from all corners. Couldn't believe some of the things I read and constantly repeated.

I will always be a UT fan. Please name another team that has to stand alone against entire conferences.

Texas did fantastic with this class. Lets see what Strong can do with it.

26 minutes ago, baddog said:

You dont know me well enough to judge me. I used to enjoy aggie football during the Slocum years. In fact, my son wore an aggie cap all the time......not a problem even though I was a Texas fan. Fran came in and things changed. Also joined this board and saw the UT hatred spewing from all corners. Couldn't believe some of the things I read and constantly repeated.

I will always be a UT fan. Please name another team that has to stand alone against entire conferences.

Sorry Baddog as I did not mean to come off a judge mental - just making a comment on my take posters here.  Hell I know that me and some of my A&M fans troll Texas fans as well - hell I enjoy it.

1 hour ago, OldTimer said:

I do enjoy pushing buttons but I really have no ill will towards A&M.  As I've said before, I may very well have a child there one day and will have no problem writing those checks.  In the end, A&M is a very good school.  My only stipulation with my kids is that I will not pay should they choose to go to OU.  Because, as I've told them, the only reason they would go there is to piss me off.  And I'm not playing that game.  

1 hour ago, OldTimer said:

How about a "saw them off" bumper sticker. 

That's road rage!

and Charlie won't get 5 years. 

18 hours ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

That's what I figured. How'd that 0-4 with Jones, Daniels, Shark, and Christmas-Giles feel yesterday bro? 

How does it make you feel any better that those other $EC schools beat us yesterday when you couldn't even beat Baylor? Quite frankly, celebrating their success is only going to lead to your misery in the future. I mean, you do realize you're going to get sodomized by those teams for the next several years, right?

I don't know... Guess I'm just a stupid sip that doesn't understand the almighty aggy logic.

Actually the Razorbacks are and have been my main team my whole life. I started rooting for the Aggies in addition because I figured anyone that hated TU would be worth rooting for. ;-)

17 minutes ago, spoonbill said:

Actually the Razorbacks are and have been my main team my whole life. I started rooting for the Aggies in addition because I figured anyone that hated TU would be worth rooting for. ;-)

Kinda figures

Arkansas quit the SWC for the greener pastures too. 

31 minutes ago, spoonbill said:

congrats on not learning how to use a and an correctly in a sentence while you were in school. #grammarcounts

Good catch.   Changed "absolutely" to "completely" so as not to use "absolutely" twice in the post.  Unfortunately, forgot to change the accompanying article.  

But it was indeed a nice catch and not a bad diversion when you can't dispute the era of irrelevance that began when the piggies fled to the SEC ;)

On February 4, 2016 at 5:13 PM, baddog said:

You are not alone. 

Saw the same.