National Signing Day is today!

NDFan09

There are lots of people on this board who know a lot more than me about the inner workings of college football, but I can honestly say this......Texas' defense is going to be kickarse this season and next. All you idiots come on and make fun of my excitement, but let's settle it on the field. If you really know football and get past your hatred, you know what is happening is excellent for UT.

Can't keep a great team down. Still weathering the storm, but it's looking like clear skies. 

37 minutes ago, baddog said:

There are lots of people on this board who know a lot more than me about the inner workings of college football, but I can honestly say this......Texas' defense is going to be kickarse this season and next. All you idiots come on and make fun of my excitement, but let's settle it on the field. If you really know football and get past your hatred, you know what is happening is excellent for UT.

Can't keep a great team down. Still weathering the storm, but it's looking like clear skies. 

I hear you Baddog. I am not much of a U.T fan but its coming together nicely for you guys. With a QB and the defense you guys could have a nice bounce back season next year.

1 hour ago, baddog said:

I think most of their best players on D will be Freshman and sophmores next year.  For a defense that ranked 108th in the country last year, they still may be a year away for a defense that young.  The big cigars might have to be patient with Charlie for another year.  The way he finished today might have bought him a little more time if they can show some improvement.

Locksley is the star of the show from what I hear in early reports.  Which kind of surprises me.  Never thought he would be a QB.  

Charlie still needs on the field improvement to keep his job IMO.   Another 5-7 year or worse and this class will be forgotten.  

The biggest surprise to me is Baylor.  Highest ranked class in Briles' tenure.  Look out.  

7 minutes ago, OldTimer said:

After today I am just glad we are a basketball school now - lol - :)

And a helluva one at that!  Only going to get better IMO, based on what you have and what you have coming in.  We'll have to see how Shaka recruits.  He's as good as they come on the sidelines IMO but he needs the horses.  

1 hour ago, PhatMack19 said:

I think most of their best players on D will be Freshman and sophmores next year.  For a defense that ranked 108th in the country last year, they still may be a year away for a defense that young.  The big cigars might have to be patient with Charlie for another year.  The way he finished today might have bought him a little more time if they can show some improvement.

Ranking a defense 108th comes from what stat? If it is total yards, I can live with that because if we give up 500 yards between the 20s, its a misleading stat. Of course I want it to be ranked higher, but some stats/rankings are skewed.

29 minutes ago, baddog said:

Ranking a defense 108th comes from what stat? If it is total yards, I can live with that because if we give up 500 yards between the 20s, its a misleading stat. Of course I want it to be ranked higher, but some stats/rankings are skewed.

There's also an adjusted stats version that paints a more accurate picture.  Pretty interesting and makes much more sense to me than just lumping everything together.  Of course, it doesn't fit the narrative of Rumlin's recruiting game.  Speaking of whom, apparently Rumlin has transferred...to ANOTHER bar.

9 minutes ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

There's also an adjusted stats version that paints a more accurate picture.  Pretty interesting and makes much more sense to me than just lumping everything together.  Of course, it doesn't fit the narrative of Rumlin's recruiting game.  Speaking of whom, apparently Rumlin has transferred...to ANOTHER bar.

Also, except for a couple special teams miscues, we could have been 7-5 and made a bowl game with that same defense. 

Players are there. Let's kick some butt.

Oldtimer I assume he was referring that we finished 8th in recruiting in SEC so I was just pointing out that 5 of the 8 also finished ahead of them according to 247. It sounds good to say that and would be a major slam if we was in another conference but not so much when 5 outta of the top 10 teams hail from the SEC and 9 in top 25. 

1 hour ago, OldTimer said:

You stated that A&M was 8th out of 12 teams in the SEC

Think that he was just pointing out that Texas was just 7th (tied for 6th but TT won the head to head) in a 10 team conference

That was I think his only point - an accurate one as well.

Not me. 

Another maybe another sip

Let them eat crumbs.  

1 hour ago, Hullabaloo,Caneck!Caneck! said:

Oldtimer I assume he was referring that we finished 8th in recruiting in SEC so I was just pointing out that 5 of the 8 also finished ahead of them according to 247. It sounds good to say that and would be a major slam if we was in another conference but not so much when 5 outta of the top 10 teams hail from the SEC and 9 in top 25. 

Who cares about conference ranking?

just another useless trophy. 

We did not finish top 3, but 9!

#1 Big XII, but where is the trophy???

Let them eat crumbs!!