Beaumont Ozen

LCMAlumtiger32

23 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Thanks for the info, AAW.  Now I'm confused on this now.  Which numbers are accurate?   AAW, what do you think?

The numbers you see on UIL site is official. That is what BISD turned in for Ozen. The initial number (1082) could have left off some students at an alternative school or something to that nature and was added on later.

I am too surprised because all the media was informed that BISD chose to opt Ozen up. What could have happened was BISD informed the media and public that it would opt up even before numbers came out and that is what everyone went with.

All the hoopla over them "opting" up just doesn't make sense.

I just saw it today, but it has been out since Monday. I agree with AAW in the thinking of that must not have included alternative placement students and other students that are not on campus but would be eligible for UIL activities. It is very surprising that no one at BISD or Ozen had or has ever attempted to correct the numbers to the outside world. Now with those numbers, they are 5A and there was no choice, but it will still be very tough to be successful in everything when competing against schools with 1500-2000. Basketball may be successful but other sports depth could play a problem. Splendora is in the same boat. BISD in the next two years needs to figure out a plan to either move students over to Ozen or make it smaller to guarantee that it will be a 4A. With West Brook being sent to Conroe and Lufkin for district, maybe they work a way to have all 3 schools at 5A next alignment.

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 7:32 AM, Yeoj said:

Flannigan has had 2 Freshman teams every year he's been the Bruins head coach. Hell he's had the numbers to have 5 total teams in his program. Varsity, JV a and b, and Freshman a and b. I will give him credit for that. The kids turn out to play for him. If he can find a good OC and the defensive staff keeps improving then the achievements will come.

Previous coach did not allow anyone to play that did not participate in the off season activities. If the turnout is low for that then you know the rest. Current coach is not like that.