Silsbee's McCain injured in post game fight

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

It's my understanding that Silsbee will not schedule Jasper anymore in basketball. Football, well that remains to be seen.

Smart decision. Let the kids handle the beef away from sporting events. It will all get settled out eventually. Always does.

2 hours ago, fishcat said:

All this was recorded on cameras you know their everywhere it shows who threw first punch & it wasn't Jasper I'm shure coach will show u film if u want to see it but that doesn't matter this should not happen

Uh oh.

I didn't see the start but have been told by those involved and some not involved that that wasn't the case.  Unless there is constant security footage I would not trust anything else.  Cell phone cameras may have caught some of this but it would be after it started.

12 minutes ago, fishcat said:

What do you mean dump got more millionaires than towns their size got a lake most people would die to have a camp on or live on i just don't believe it's a dump & it is a security camera

Absolutely a dump. Youre from there and dont know the history of that place? I accidently drove there one time and thought I had landed on Mars. I mean come on man! 

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 9:39 PM, Kountzer said:

Message boards like this are like the wild wild West.  You get what you get: various levels of education, various levels of literacy.  Hardly anyone trained as a journalist.  It is what it is.   Here you get quick fast information, if you can understand it.  Quite often it is true information, but ya never know.  If you come to message boards looking for journalism I got some swamp land on the Louisiana border I want you to look at.

When I say "internet journalists" I am most definitely not talking about forums such as this. This is what it is, an internet forum in which anyone can say anything their heart desires. I'm talking about people that get paid to be journalists, there are several at ESPN, that rush to be first with unsubstantiated sources and in turn, spew false information. You're WAY off base on what I was speaking about.

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Folks.  I completely agree with the anger over what happened to the Tiger basketball team and those that were responsible should face the steepest penalties possible.

However, that is no reason to take shots at the town of Jasper and all such insults should stop now.

29 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

I know it wasn't but there is a deeper root I was aiming for. I'm aware the kids that hit Michael were African American. 

Where was the coach?

why were they not dismissed at different times?

why was he by himself?

How can you call Jasper racist?   they are AT LEAST 1/2 white/ 1/2 African American Don't live there but I bet majority of the sports teams are of a white MINORITY.

32 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

I know it wasn't but there is a deeper root I was aiming for. I'm aware the kids that hit Michael were African American. 

I doubt they were African American. They were probably just American (black)

We really need to get that trending nationwide.

Do we call whites, European American ? Do we call Mexicans, Mexican American ?

We're all American. Can't we just say, white, black, Mexican ? This political correctness bologna needs to stop.

There is no excuse for what happened. But to pretend that Silsbee player ZERO part in it, is a little naive. Whatever the "beef" was over, it takes two people to jibber jabber with each other. The "talking crap" on social media or whatever seems to be the reason the water boiled over. When you openly exchange in the threatening and talking crap to people, you open yourself up to the unknown. You don't know what the other person will actually do. Some people do not conduct themselves like "normal" people.(Jasper aggressor). But the whole thing probably could have been avoided by not exchanging in the "beef". Let your play speak on the field/ court. When it comes to social media, "DONT HIT SEND. (Herm Edwards voice).

42 minutes ago, Whoa said:

Where was the coach?

why were they not dismissed at different times?

why was he by himself?

How can you call Jasper racist?   they are AT LEAST 1/2 white/ 1/2 African American Don't live there but I bet majority of the sports teams are of a white MINORITY.

Coaches were there but one had already gone to the bus and the other two were scattered somewhere among 35 or so kids.  He wasn't by himself but they came from behind him running past a couple players who didn't realize what was happening until it did.  I think those that throw out the racist talk are remembering past events from town. Absolutely nothing to do with this.  Now as far as dismissing at different times,  if you are talking Jaspers team and ours I am not sure they were let out as it wasn't Jaspers team that was involved.  As far as our team and the fans, our team didn't exit for at least 20 minutes but a large group still remained outside.

1 hour ago, Not A Guru said:

There is no excuse for what happened. But to pretend that Silsbee player ZERO part in it, is a little naive. Whatever the "beef" was over, it takes two people to jibber jabber with each other. The "talking crap" on social media or whatever seems to be the reason the water boiled over. When you openly exchange in the threatening and talking crap to people, you open yourself up to the unknown. You don't know what the other person will actually do. Some people do not conduct themselves like "normal" people.(Jasper aggressor). But the whole thing probably could have been avoided by not exchanging in the "beef". Let your play speak on the field/ court. When it comes to social media, "DONT HIT SEND. (Herm Edwards voice).

No there is no excuse for what happened and yes the mouthing back and forth played a part.  But that is one issue and even though it may have incited someone to the point of this attack, in no way does that warrant a physical attack.  That's why I placed a previous post about hoping something was learned from this.  I can say I have never had a big problem of some fun trash talk during a game but it tends to go overboard these days.

1 minute ago, ST413 said:

No there is no excuse for what happened and yes the mouthing back and forth played a part.  But that is one issue and even though it may have incited someone to the point of this attack, in no way does that warrant a physical attack.  That's why I placed a previous post about hoping something was learned from this.  I can say I have never had a big problem of some fun trash talk during a game but it tends to go overboard these days.

I agree. Physical violence is never the answer. However some people just don't get that. Silsbee players in no way deserved what happened. Jawing on the court is not a big issue. Once you take it outside of school and are dealing with people you do not know, you gotta be careful what you say. Some people dont have our moral code and self restraint. I'm guessing they feel like that did no wrong and they probably feel they were justified. All wrong feelings. I guess my point is be careful what you say to strangers, because you do not know what they are capable of. Winning a twitter beef isn't worth losing your season, or worse.