Will Bridge City air it out next season?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think the new coach will instill his program right away. Why wait. It may take a year or two for the players to adapt to the new system but in the long run I believe it will work great. Coach Ronnie Thompson started the pass happy offense at Port Arthur Thomas Jefferson in the early 80's and the Todd Dodges and Stumps were a part of it. With the spread offense that so many teams run now it works well. I believe TJ went 0-10 in Thompson's first year but they improved tremendously the next two years. I watched South Lake Carroll play Lufkin in 2005 and they passed very often. I don't remember how much but it was often. They use the spread offense. They had good recievers and a good quarterback. It takes time to develop the timing to perform the way SLC did that day. The time is now for the BC players to start working with the new system if the coaches are allowed to hand out play books. I don't know the UIL rulings about this. This summer whoever the quarterback will be needs to work with the receivers and running backs to get the timing down so that when the season starts the coaches can start fine tuning the players and plays instead of having to teach them to the players. The offensive linemen need to hit the weights hard now to be able to protect the quarterback when the season starts. BC can have an awsome team but it will take a lot of work and determination.

Guest Bridge City Card

Yes and it will be exciting. Have to have talent though remember that. It may take some time but we have talent and will get there. Your right though we have to hit the weights.

it will be good to see a coach that throws alot..we havent had that since terry townzen....to me it makes for a much more interesting game when you mix the pass with the run....and it is time to get to work now..you have to have someone that can throw..but mnost importantly you have to have people that can catch ..and that can protect.....

I think the first year might be tough with a spread offense and no proven QB or receivers, but I say throw it in and get started developing players now.  It might take a couple years, but I think it will work in the long run.

Guest licketysplit

Shaking??? maybe laughing..............The key as was stated earlier.........Have to have the right players for the O to work properly.............Does BC have that??? We will see.......Not sure about that myself.........

Guest TheExpert

Hmmm, I was kind of thinking the same thing.  I think BC needs to run it down peoples throats.  Ground and Pound.  Get physical.  Not sure they have the QB or the receivers for this offense.

Guest WBFan09

Shaking??? maybe laughing..............The key as was stated earlier.........Have to have the right players for the O to work properly.............Does BC have that??? We will see.......Not sure about that myself.........

As i recall West Brook didnt have the right players for almost any kind of position! so yea you will have to see what happens...and you will be surprised

I would say, with a new coach that has a pass heavy offense, it might for time for BC to get a 7-on-7 team ready fort his summer, and enter every tournament they can.  If for nothing else, than to get the new QB and receivers familiar with each other.

Guest OHS_1994

It will take two years for BC to get going.  They have some very talented younger groups, but those kids have not passed the ball around in years so it will take them a while.  They will take some lumps in the beginning but in about two years they will be pretty dang good.  It takes time.  BC's best chance of beating WOS or Silsbee is to pass the ball, so they are on the right track.

Guest TheExpert

As i recall West Brook didnt have the right players for almost any kind of position! so yea you will have to see what happens...and you will be surprised

Are you trying to tell me that BC has the athletes that WB does?????????? IS this person serious??????????????????????  Now that IS funny...........................

Spread, power I, wishbone, etc.....it doesn't matter!  I've heard nothing but good things about Coach Stump, but he's still going to need athletes.....It's not always about the x's and o's.  Also, when in the world is this BC talk going to slow.....?  It seems as if their as popular as Notre Dame or Dallas?  Geez....

Guest TheExpert

BC is the new talk of the town hahaha........................Hey we can't win district but can we atleast have our limelight sometimes...........................I mean heck share the wealth....................

It is my understanding that BC will not have very many starters returning. 2 or 3 and I think they went both ways. This thread was started to get some football fans talking about what they think about the new coach and possibily developing a passing attack. BC did not have a good passing attack last season so this new offense has potential, as far as a fan knows, to make the game more exciting. The coaches will have to develope the players in his new system because they have not experienced it before. I feel like that will take a year or two but I am not an expert. BC is not as popular as Norte Dame or Dallas as BIG BLUE wrote nor will they ever be. Not even South Lake Carrol is that popular. No one from Bridge City is boasting about how good their team is. They are just excited about the possibility of the team being more fun to watch and be a little more successful. I have not heard anyone say "I'm from BC and we are going to win district". That takes a lot of hard work and whether or not the kids want to work that hard remains to be seen. Even if BC does produce a quality team I do not think any other team will be shaking in it's boots to play them as SUPERFLUSNUKA wrote. As good as WOS has been through the years I don't think any team they played was shaking in their boots because they were playing WOS. WOS is still the king until, if and when, someone dethrones them. But shaking in your boots to play them, I don't think so. Bridge City is a solid 3A school and West Brook is a 5A school so the chances that BC will have as many atheletes as WB has is slim. However, BC is in competition with other 3A schools, not 5A schools. BC has had good athletes in the past such as Shane Dronet and Jason Matthewes, to name some, and did not even come close to winning district the years they were on the team. They were good players but they were not alone on their teams. The other kids were not developed. The tallent is always there, except for exceptionally tallented players, that needs to be utilized and developed. I hope this coach does that. WB did not have a very good football team before the Stumps arrived. I don't believe they all of a sudden got a crop of tallented players. This is just my opinion. I hope I did not step on anybody's foot. We are all entitled to our opinions and I guess this is mine. I love high school football and I watch a lot of teams play, not just BC.

Easy....Cardinal Supporter.  I was just kidding a little about BC being as popular as N.D. or the Cowboys.  In fact, I think that its great that the BC faithful are full of passion and support for their team.  I wish BC and Coach Stump nothing but the best!  I agree with you in that I don't think that you can compare BC and WB.  BC will never be WB, but they don't have to be  (WB - 5A w/ 2000 + students), (BC -3A w/ 700 + students ???). They only need to compare themselves to other 3A programs like WOS, Silsbee, Orangefield, etc..... 

its gonna take alot of hardwork. We need a good solid quarterback to emerge and take a leadership roll. we have the talent and the heart its gonna take work ethic and leadership. we are gonna see how bad some of want it

How's Dustin Breaux looking for the QB spot?  I know you're in the middle of Coaching Staff changes and I'm sure he has his own ideas but that kid did a great job on JV.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder

• He's steadily improving rapidly. Not that your opinion matters much based on some of the wild projections you've made on this site 
    • Cohen……a lying, backstabbing pos who does nothing but lie every time he opens his mouth. Let him utter words the prosecution wants to hear, and we can convict. Cohen told his ex advisor that he wanted to kill himself. What a worldly loss that would be. Let anyone on this board be put through the wringer with false charges and lies like Trump has had to endure, and you would be screaming at the top of your lungs how illegal all of this is.
    • It was and remains perfectly timed and choregraphed Kangaroo Court, whatever Cohen just said or lied about.  Face it, under Soros installed Biden and Merrick Garland, the USA is now officially a Bananna Republic with a Goverment that weaponizes itself against and destroys its political rivals. Putin and Xi are SO proud!  Dang I miss Democracy.       
    • I haven’t been watching closely, but even the liberal sources even tell the story as “the defense really took apart Cohen’s testimony on Thursday.” It sounds like sloppy work from the prosecution to point out a specific call as being “the one,” when it was easily concluded that this particular call could not have occurred the way that Cohen (and the prosecution) claim it to have happened.    The bad news is that I doubt that it matters much-I suspect that most jurors minds were closed before testimony started.   I don’t see Trump leaving with anything less than a conviction based on the venue (NYC).
    • Tough case all the way around.  The guy had a lot of online activity come out where he made racist statements and statements about killing BLM protesters and looters.  So when he then goes out and does it, it looks really bad.  I've seen a lot of videos where people have driven through protestors, defended themselves against them, etc., and didn't bat an eye.  This feels different, but that doesn't necessarily make it murder, either.  His account of the events that happened vs. the witness accounts were both very different, but I'd also expect both sides' accounts to be self-serving and inaccurate to fit their narrative.  Not really sure what to think on this one.  
  • Topics