Burkeville 43 Evadale 36 Final/Tuesday Playoffs

KFDM COOP

What happened????

I know the coach at Evadale and my opinion is that he is really good.  I have not kept up w/ this area's girls in a while, but Burk used to be a road bump of a girls' team.  They always had talent tho.  Maybe they have gotten someone to corral that talent.

If that is the case.....great for them... and watch out!

I have watched this team all year and the problem really amounted to depth, which is usually the case in 1A. They were just not as deep as in the past. Free throw shooting plaqued this team all season long.

They did have the fight in them to come back in this game after being down by 12 in the first half. Actually came back to tie game in regulation and missed the last shot for the win. In the overtime it was just much of the same of not being able to buy a basket. They shot a horrible percentage for the game.

Now about Burkeville. Coach Jamison came from N.O. after the hurricane and in two years time has won a district title and a playoff game. He has taken the talent in Burkeville and got them to be very disciplined. They dont care if they beat you 3-2 as long as they win. Hes done a great job there.

As for the Evadale coach I have watched him for ten years, and he has won District 8 out of 10 and has been a playoff team all 10. Amazing in 1A when you dont have a lot of players to choose from. He will bring the lady rebels back next year and they will be tougher than ever with a great crop of young players.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami