celina---- gilmer

skipper

Class 4A Division II Semifinal At Mesquite Memorial Stadium

Celina 49, Gilmer 44

Celina 7 14 14 14 — 49
Gilmer 14 10 7 13 — 44

First Quarter
GIL–Demarco Boyd 50 run (Juan Esquivel kick), 6:58.
GIL–Boyd 39 pass from Zac Spears (Esquivel kick), 5:14.
CEL–Conner Pingleton 60 run (Eduardo Paulino kick), 3:28.
Second Quarter
GIL–Boyd 1 run (Esquivel kick), 10:33.
CEL–Braydon Watson 14 pass from Pingleton (Paulino kick), 6:59.
CEL–Travis Tolbert 27 interception return (Paulino kick), 3:12.
GIL–FG Esquivel 24, :04.
Third Quarter
CEL–Jarren Alexander 64 run (Paulino kick), 4:28.
GIL–Boyd 7 run (Esquivel kick), 2:20.
CEL–Luke Reeder 7 pass from Pingleton (Paulino kick), :05.
Fourth Quarter
CEL–Pingleton 1 run (Paulino kick), 6:33.
GIL–LaMarcus Morton 10 pass from Spears (pass failed), 2:57.
CEL–Shane Gerths 38 interception return (Paulino kick), 1:19.
GIL–Boyd 21 pass from Spears (Esquivel kick), :30.

CEL GIL
First Downs 15 28
Total Yards 375 514
Rushes-Yards 43-296 42-160
Passing Yards 79 354
Comp.-Att.-Int. 9-14-3 28-48-2
Fumbles-Lost 2-2 1-1
Penalties-Yards 5-51 8-76

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS
RUSHING–Celina, Conner Pingleton 20-153, Jarren Alexander 20-138, John Franklin 2-4, Shane Gerths 1-1. Gilmer, Demarco Boyd 17-106, Kelton Collier 10-33, Cambron Granville 9-20, Devin Smith 3-4, Zac Spears 3-(-3).
PASSING–Celina, Pingleton 9-14-3–79. Gilmer, Spears 28-48-2–354.
RECEIVING–Celina, Luke Reeder 7-55, Braydon Watson 1-14, Trace Young 1-10. Gilmer, Zod Heath 9-145, Boyd 4-61, Granville 3-31, Red Jones 3-23, Dimitri Fort 2-35, Smith 2-23, Morton 2-14, Desmond Jones 1-8, Collier 1-7, Ryen Lawhorn 1-7.

Field position played a large part in the yardage differential, and Celina's running game was much more consistent.  The two pick-six interceptions were a killer for Gilmer, too.  It was a good game that could've went either way, in my opinion.  Hats off to Celina, though.  They were the better team Friday night when it counted.

We had an awesome run, winning 30 straight.  We were hoping to meet up with y'all again, but Celina made sure we didn't.

Field position played a large part in the yardage differential, and Celina's running game was much more consistent.  The two pick-six interceptions were a killer for Gilmer, too.  It was a good game that could've went either way, in my opinion.  Hats off to Celina, though.  They were the better team Friday night when it counted.

We had an awesome run, winning 30 straight.  We were hoping to meet up with y'all again, but Celina made sure we didn't.

If we can play with the same intensity as Gilmer, less the turnovers I like our chances.That last pick 6 did it.So close.

If we can play with the same intensity as Gilmer, less the turnovers I like our chances.That last pick 6 did it.So close.

I agree.  The key is to winning this late in the season is to not turn the ball over.  In Celina's defense, they had five turnovers themselves.  The problem is we didn't make them pay for them like they did us.  I think we would've won the game had it not been for the last pick-six, though.  They had a lot of trouble stopping our offense most of the time, especially in the 4th quarter.  The game was full of momentum swings.  We had them on the ropes in the first quarter.  They had us on the ropes for most of the second and third quarters, and into the 4th.  We came out swinging in the 4th.  Just came up short.

I agree.  The key is to winning this late in the season is to not turn the ball over.  In Celina's defense, they had five turnovers themselves.  The problem is we didn't make them pay for them like they did us.  I think we would've won the game had it not been for the last pick-six, though.  They had a lot of trouble stopping our offense most of the time, especially in the 4th quarter.  The game was full of momentum swings.  We had them on the ropes in the first quarter.  They had us on the ropes for most of the second and third quarters, and into the 4th.  We came out swinging in the 4th.  Just came up short.

Yeah I was just watching the updates here and came to the conclusion whoever makes a mistake late will lose.Not a good game to be at if you have a heart problem.

Yeah I was just watching the updates here and came to the conclusion whoever makes a mistake late will lose.Not a good game to be at if you have a heart problem.

The dagger mistake was the taunting call on our wr with 2 minutes to go and us with the ball at midfield. Kid made a great catch and a bad decision. That was THE PLAY that broke our back. If not for that call I firmly believe we win.