Beaumont West Brook 62, Silsbee 73/ Final

BADSANTA

Now who would make that bracket ? 1 and 4:30 is brutal. I didn't see this game but the Ozen vs Memorial game last week definitely had some questionable calls in favor of the Beaumont club at crunch time.

Don't forget that times have changed and most of these kids are use to playing 3 games in day during the summer months. But yes, still brutal on the body for a weekend.

Westbrook is not as bad as people think. I was at the game and i am very impressed with 4A Silsbee beating 6A Westbrook without Devon McCain and Dontre Thomas. They look a little rusty but their defense is so aggressive! Adams looks so comfortable on the court as a freshman. Maybe because he played all summer with these kids on the 17U level. Oh, But AAU basketball does not matter LOL

The thing about West Brook is yea, they started the season off horrible, but have gotten progressively better.  They got their first win vs. Longview in OT and played Central very tough the next day.  Then, they play Silsbee tough.  I don't think it's a coincide.  West Brook may have gotten better.  That happens the more games you play vs. Good teams...

I believe this may be the case. The Bruins did not look all that bad. Of course, playing the #1 team will inspire you to play better.

Silsbee on the other hand did not look good. Like I stated, looked like a team just coming off football field with zero practice. Would have been better if Devin McCain and Dontre would have played but Tigers will need some time to jell. Got the Fort Bend tourney coming up and Silsbee will see some very good competition this week. Probably see a loss or two in this tourney but would not surprise me if they ran the table and win it.

Westbrook is not as bad as people think. I was at the game and i am very impressed with 4A Silsbee beating 6A Westbrook without Devon McCain and Dontre Thomas. They look a little rusty but their defense is so aggressive! Adams looks so comfortable on the court as a freshman. Maybe because he played all summer with these kids on the 17U level. Oh, But AAU basketball does not matter LOL

I saw Adams dominate all summer on the AAU team.  So what he's doing now doesn't surprise me one bit.. 

Yep, AAU is the devil :)

hMMM? You didn't mention Westbrook, I wonder why?

Not sure West Brook has an organized summer team. I do know that they rarely if ever play in any spring or fall leagues. But West Brook is clearly one of the top area teams after hanging with Central and Silsbee

Edited by winwin

Not sure West Brook has an organized summer team. I do know that they rarely if ever play in any spring or fall leagues. But West Brook is clearly one of the top area teams after hanging with Central and Silsbee

I know that last wave of Brook Talent played AAU ball...  Green, Hadnot, Zeno, and  Brown.....

Your crazy if you think the refs didn't keep it close for WB. I'm not a ref but know enough about the game to see bad calls plus the missed free throws Silsbee should have won by 20

Refs had no bearing on the outcome of this game and was not one sided towards West Brook. There were some bad calls but for both teams. Silsbee missing free throws is nothing new. The game was close because Silsbee did not play well and West Brook did.

Overall any time kids can stay in the gym against good competition makes them better. AAU does this and can really be good for the players in that respect. The down side of it comes from the constant conflict over recruiting talent and the coaches that all think they are Coach "K". More times than not it turns in to the "look at me league ".