Beaumont West Brook 62, Silsbee 73/ Final

BADSANTA

Starters for Silsbee were Adams, Harris, Grubbs, Maze and Tanton. The five off the bench were Newton, Michael McCain, Mackey, Adonis Thomas and Kalon Barnes. Ten suited out for the game with all playing significant minutes. Dontre Thomas and Devin McCain did not suit out.

Was a very ugly basketball game that was somewhat expected. Looked like a team with half of it's players playing like they just walked off the football field. Very, very rusty and in zero basketball shape. Ton's of fouls called in this game, well over 60.

Glad I didn't broadcast this crappy game.

Was going to say about the same thing Tiger football players were definitely rusty.  First game with no practice.  Had spurts where he defense clicked but sloppy on offense.  McCain had some good drives before fouling out.  WB played scrappy and definitely stayed pumped up by staying in the game. Yes there were some awful calls but don't think they really favored anyone overall.  Don't forget out of the players that have been playing we were missing one of the spark plugs that has kept us going so far.   Give these guys 2 or three weeks of practice together and then see what you get!

i have been hoping to see the Tigers play in the Raisin' Cane tournament in FT Bend. The plan was leave work and catch an evening game.  Now that the schedule is out I don't know.   If I am reading the schedule right they next play at 1:30pm, followed by another game at 4:00pm Thursday.  Those are some crazy game times.  I definitely cannot go to any games Friday.  Oh well.

The thing about West Brook is yea, they started the season off horrible, but have gotten progressively better.  They got their first win vs. Longview in OT and played Central very tough the next day.  Then, they play Silsbee tough.  I don't think it's a coincide.  West Brook may have gotten better.  That happens the more games you play vs. Good teams...