Beaumont West Brook 62, Silsbee 73/ Final

BADSANTA

Overall any time kids can stay in the gym against good competition makes them better. AAU does this and can really be good for the players in that respect. The down side of it comes from the constant conflict over recruiting talent and the coaches that all think they are Coach "K". More times than not it turns in to the "look at me league ".

AAU "coaches"...whole different story lol. I can count them on one hand. 

Overall any time kids can stay in the gym against good competition makes them better. AAU does this and can really be good for the players in that respect. The down side of it comes from the constant conflict over recruiting talent and the coaches that all think they are Coach "K". More times than not it turns in to the "look at me league ".

In other words, the kid already had the talent and the coaches taking credit, or did I misread you ? :)

I think that this is the first good shooting Tiger team that I have seen in years. Monday they did not shoot free throws well but you have to remember that a majority of the players were playing without even one practice. Conditioning has a lot to do with free throw shooting. My guess is that they will shoot better at the free throw line or Coach Sigler will have them sitting on the bench. In addition to Devon McCain not playing (and he is special) Trajan Harris was more or less hobbling around. That left Maze, Grubbs, Adams and Tanton as who had been in the gym a little. 

The refs did a good enough job. They called 63 fouls, 33 against Silsbee and 30 against Westbrook. They probably could have called more from what I saw but they might have blown their insides out if they had called everything that happened. Westbrook reminded me a little of some of our players. They were longer on athletic ability than they were on basketball skills. Wait a few weeks before you judge to harshly. Michael McCain had quarter scores of 2-1-7-7. He seemed to be getting in the rhythm as the game wore on. Others will catch up in a week or two.