Milford 87 Chester 42/Final

WOSgrad

but I do need to say to the Chester fans this game went further than I thought it would. I believed it would be over at the half.

Maybe, just maybe we had a better team than you thought we had. Since you have talked trash on Chester all season. How many other teams had a record of 9-0 at the end of the regular season?

Maybe, just maybe we had a better team than you thought we had. Since you have talked trash on Chester all season. How many other teams had a record of 9-0 at the end of the regular season?

It was not trash. As I have said many times I believed that Districts 15 and 16 are the worse districts by a long shot. And 9-0 playing 4 public schools and no schools west of 45 and just assume you are good because of you are undefeated. I understand travel distance is a factor but the fact of the matter is my belief was and is based on the fact that to be good in sixman you have to play and beat schools west of 45 and 35 where the heart of sixman is. If y'all had been 9-0 and beat a school like Strawn, Aquilla, etc. then I would have believed different. Even if you had played them competitive it would have been different. Private schools around Houston are just not the same. Not negatively just different. For Chester to be successful in sixman they need to play at least two schools a season against a school from west of 45. It would help them in the playoffs and give them a better chance because they could become use to those type of teams.

Edited by RaiderRed30

Garrity, if you read this thread, or anyone else that has lived in West and Central Texas and have watched sixman in that area, what are y'alls opinion?

there's no strong 6man teams around here when you compare it to those areas you mentioned. 

there's no strong 6man teams around here when you compare it to those areas you mentioned. 

And that is what I mean. In order to become that good and be a threat in the playoffs, you have to be willing to go out and play those teams to understand how they play and to gain the confidence to beat them. Chester had a great season, but I just did not think that they would make it past the 2nd round and considering it being D1 past half, because they had not played a team anywhere close to that level before.

You are still not listening I didn't say we are a powerhouse in 6 man. What you are saying could be said of any class in this area. Southeast Texas isn't exactly known as the king of football. I said we had a better team than what most people thought. We just had a great bunch of kids that played their hearts out and had a great season. We are not stupid we know we don't have teams like they have in West Texas. I agree with you that district 15 & 16 are the weakest in D1 but there are better teams in all classes all over the state. I see other teams in all classes in this area sitt'n at home already. Again I did not say Chester was a state championship team.

You are still not listening I didn't say we are a powerhouse in 6 man. What you are saying could be said of any class in this area. Southeast Texas isn't exactly known as the king of football. I said we had a better team than what most people thought. We just had a great bunch of kids that played their hearts out and had a great season. We are not stupid we know we don't have teams like they have in West Texas. I agree with you that district 15 & 16 are the weakest in D1 but there are better teams in all classes all over the state. I see other teams in all classes in this area sitt'n at home already. Again I did not say Chester was a state championship team.

Okay but I was not trash talking Chester. They did have a successful season. I just did not think that they would make it far. It was not meant to dogging or negative to the players or the fans. It was my opinion. I also understand it did not seem sincere in how I said what I said last night. I meant that honestly. I did think the game would end at half, but I was proven wrong. I hope that y'all can find a way next season to schedule a team from out west because it would help in the playoffs deal with the difference between a school like Milford and a private school from Houston. If y'all could schedule someone like Calvert early in the season even neutral would be good for the players and the fans. Like I said and you already know it was a successful season for y'all. First district championship in many years and first playoff wins in many year. That is successful. Playing your heart out. That is successful. I used the wrong words. Truth be told the greatest football team I ever saw went 0-10 and never made it past the half, but they were successful because of many factor. Chester did have a great season and I hope they can continue to build on it. Next year get to the regional finals or farther. Use last night as a learning factor to be better next year.

Thank you, we just don't want our kids downed and a undefeated regular season played off like it was nothing. Our kids and coaches worked hard for that season and deserve some credit. It seems like people on here sometimes can't wait for something about Chester to show up so they can start downing us. We are as proud of our kids as anyone else.

Thank you, we just don't want our kids downed and a undefeated regular season played off like it was nothing. Our kids and coaches worked hard for that season and deserve some credit. It seems like people on here sometimes can't wait for something about Chester to show up so they can start downing us. We are as proud of our kids as anyone else.

I may have been one of those, but I never meant it to be negative. Real sixman people understand the game is 2nd to what it really about. The community. Having a good season, especially being undefeated, makes the community happy. That is good. Chester is still new to sixman but they are adjusting. It is different and it will take time. Not just the rules and how the game is played, but everything. They will continue to become better and the result last night showed they are making progress.

The problem with SETX and even the private schools in the greater Houston area is that there are not enough Sixman coaches. This is why even in TAPPS, TCAL, UIL, TCAF, etc. all state championships are won from team in west, north, or San Antonio. Those kids grew up in towns playing Sixman from the ground up. With that Chester had a pretty good team this year and the program gets better each year. They went from us 45ing them my senior year. Next year lost by a score. Then they 45d us this year. But I agree if any team from here wants to take that next step they will need to schedule teams from west Texas. 

The problem with SETX and even the private schools in the greater Houston area is that there are not enough Sixman coaches. This is why even in TAPPS, TCAL, UIL, TCAF, etc. all state championships are won from team in west, north, or San Antonio. Those kids grew up in towns playing Sixman from the ground up. With that Chester had a pretty good team this year and the program gets better each year. They went from us 45ing them my senior year. Next year lost by a score. Then they 45d us this year. But I agree if any team from here wants to take that next step they will need to schedule teams from west Texas. 

Central Texas works too. I mean it can be argued the best teams are from Central Texas. Jonesboro, Rochelle, Richland Springs, Aquilla, Abbott, Strawn, Gordon Throckmorton. West Texas really doesn't have much maybe Balmorhea, Crowell, Water Valley, and Happy. Calvert is the outlier.

Edited by RaiderRed30

Central Texas works too. I mean it can be argued the best teams are from Central Texas. Jonesboro, Rochelle, Richland Springs, Aquilla, Abbott, Strawn, Gordon Throckmorton. West Texas really doesn't have much maybe Balmorhea, Crowell, Water Valley, and Happy. Calvert is the outlier.

lol yes but I consider everything past Austin west. But you are right. 

lol yes but I consider everything past Austin west. But you are right. 

I'm just in Central Texas right now. Actually 40 minutes east of the west texas ridge. 5 hours away from Houston, but still 4 hours from Odessa-Midland and 3-4 hours from Lubbock. El Paso is 8 hours from here. Even for me where we tell distance by time, this state is too large.

I'm just in Central Texas right now. Actually 40 minutes east of the west texas ridge. 5 hours away from Houston, but still 4 hours from Odessa-Midland and 3-4 hours from Lubbock. El Paso is 8 hours from here. Even for me where we tell distance by time, this state is too large.

Lol you ain't lyin. It takes 2 hours to get across states for other people. It takes us 2 hours to get to downtown Houston which isn't even half the way to half the way across the state.