Dayton Athletic Director Retiring

Dang, that's a nice way to put it. Good choice of synonyms from Dayton ISD, I guess they probably avoid some of the other inquiries when you put it like that. Dayton isn't big enough to need a separate AD from one of the head coaches anyway. Real question is does Hancock get the AD job or does Dayton move away from Stew's hand picked successor?   

Why would Dayton need to hire someone from outside to be AD? Just have your current head football coach add the AD title and duties. Pretty simple to me.

Dayton never should have had a separate AD position, IMO.

You're right, but its a little more to it than that, cant discuss it on here though. 

Why would Dayton need to hire someone from outside to be AD? Just have your current head football coach add the AD title and duties. Pretty simple to me.

Dayton never should have had a separate AD position, IMO.

Dayton ISD had a budget short-fall in 2011 so Stewart  retired as HC and stayed as AD at a  substantial cut in pay-

This is the hidden content, please

www.kshnfm.com, 1 Jan 2011
This is the hidden content, please

Stewart to Retire: Jerry Stewart, Dayton Bronco head football coach for the past 15 seasons, has submitted his letter of retirement, effective at the end of this school year. It was a surprise but he made it clear to KSHN Radio, he is not shopping for a new job. He said the Dayton Bronco coaching job would be his last coaching job. Coach Stewart asked the Dayton Trustees to allow him to stay on as part time athletic director in Dayton and that request was granted.

Dang, that's a nice way to put it. Good choice of synonyms from Dayton ISD, I guess they probably avoid some of the other inquiries when you put it like that. Dayton isn't big enough to need a separate AD from one of the head coaches anyway. Real question is does Hancock get the AD job or does Dayton move away from Stew's hand picked successor?   

im pretty sure that hancock wasnt his first choice for head coach, it was in fact nations but when nations quit and started a new career the next option was hancock. As far as hancock being the ad i dont see that happening but you never know. Only thing to do is wait and see.

Nations did not move to his new position until after he was told Hancock would be named head coach.

That's the same thing I heard from someone that was on Dayton's school board at the time. Was told Nations passed on other jobs because he thought he would be Stew's successor, but it was given to Hancock because his strings were a little easier to pull.  No way to have that vetted though.

That's the same thing I heard from someone that was on Dayton's school board at the time. Was told Nations passed on other jobs because he thought he would be Stew's successor, but it was given to Hancock because his strings were a little easier to pull.  No way to have that vetted though.

You were told wrong.. And that is all I will say bout that.. 

You were told wrong.. And that is all I will say bout that.. 

Well don't say anymore then. Like I said, it can't be vetted but I trust a long time school board member and someone who has probably 100 times the knowledge of Dayton athletics that you do. Could still be wrong but was also told the same thing by another 40+ year Dayton fan.

Look ya'll I'm as shocked as anybody.What I know is what my personal friend J Stewart told me=@75th Bronco re-union I asked him was he still thinking of retiring in early Dec or wait till the end of 2015 school year.He smiled & said well to be perfectly honest I may possibly go back to full time coaching.I yelled heck yeah thinking Dayt cause he'd told me he'll always be a Bronco.He'd also told me he personally had plans to have a big feed for all the kiddos that played for him.I know his ailing mother is in Ark and he's been there many times to check on her since his bro passed from cancer.Story I was told the HC job between Hancock(former D/C) & J Nations(former O/C)was a board tie vote w/1 remaining vote as a tie breaker.Wherever Stewart is he'll always be my friend thru thick/thin,and he called to check on me when I was recovering from VA surgery=If I can help you any way call,that's what real friends do.I wish him well.I'm a steadfast Bronco supporter thru thick/thin,we had a great program from what Stewart built,knew retirement was on his mind 5 yrs ago thru a month ago.(blame me if you want for talking him into taking up golf.What was he to do when retired=not a outdoors person=football/coaching was his life)Knowing these things his best interest was to allow a young HC to learn from some mistakes(we've all done that) & some were made.99.9 radio announced this morning that Dayt AD has resigned along w/3 others.No futher news until Dayt supt issues a statement.So until GO Broncos,school board go to work w/wise choice for a storied program & fresh ideas,a community is awaiting closure,sooner would be great