Will Woodville be hosting any playoff games

SFAJACK02

Best facility around this area for a 3a school. Silsbee included. 

The field is definitely better than Silsbee's, but that's it.

Tiger Stadium has 10,000 seating capacity. Eagle Stadium, 3000. Press box is better at Tiger Stadium and access is easier.

Playoff venues are not just about playing surfaces, but it definitely is a factor.

Silsbee should have put turf down when they built it. Would have hosted lots of playoff games

Totally agree. Turf is coming though, very soon.

But, Tiger Stadium has hosted 9 playoff games since it was built in 2000. It has only hosted 1 playoff game since 2009 because of the condition of the field after the 2009 Silsbee/WO-S and Silsbee/BC games that year. Never has recovered.

Give it three years. Woodville will be one of the top athletic facilities for any high school in this area. There are talks about extending visitor stands, building a very high quality baseball/softball complex on campus, as well as renovating the press box and field house. 

Field house is already one of the best in the region. And I'll say this about the baseball/softball complex...there haven't been any final plans and there isn't a number I can give you on how much it will cost. BUT...based on the conversations I've had with people who have strong voices, it will be the best baseball/softball complex in SETX. Hands down. Use your imaginaton. 

That's as high as it will get. I do not think anything over 3A DII will play there. Visitor stands not big enough.

Same reason we (Hardin) won't ever have more than 3aD2 games as well.

It was nice to host Newton last year.

The field is definitely better than Silsbee's, but that's it.

Tiger Stadium has 10,000 seating capacity. Eagle Stadium, 3000. Press box is better at Tiger Stadium and access is easier.

Playoff venues are not just about playing surfaces, but it definitely is a factor.

check around and see how many playoff games, other than 6 man,  are being played on grass. I'll go ahead and tell you...0. Schools are a lot quicker to play on a turf field with smaller stands than a big venue with grass. How many playoff games has Silsbee hosted in the past 2 years?

Edited by Uncle Pig

Give it three years. Woodville will be one of the top athletic facilities for any high school in this area. There are talks about extending visitor stands, building a very high quality baseball/softball complex on campus, as well as renovating the press box and field house. 

Field house is already one of the best in the region. And I'll say this about the baseball/softball complex...there haven't been any final plans and there isn't a number I can give you on how much it will cost. BUT...based on the conversations I've had with people who have strong voices, it will be the best baseball/softball complex in SETX. Hands down. Use your imaginaton. 

i guess you haven't seen jaspers new baseball field?