Sparks 2nd best in SETX?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would think the top group of pitchers would include:

Ehlert (LCM), Angelle (BC), Harwood (PNG), Serna (WB), Smith (NED) and Alvis (JAS).

Beyond that, there is a large # of guys who would fit in the next group including (in no particular order):

Dugas (LCM), Powell (PNG), Mire (PNG), Bunner (VID), Gardiner (OZ), Haymon (BC), Sparks (WOS), Ayers (WOS), Roebuck (HJ), Schooling (SIL), Reagan (JAS - when he gets healthy), Parsons (JAS), Riley (WDV) and Murphy (WB). I have not seen the Neal kid from HF pitch but I would think he would be a name worthy of mention as well.

Midcountymadness

I think he is a good player, but 2nd best in Southeast Texas?

For example: If he played at PNG

1. Harwood

2. Powell

3. Mire

4. McGinnes

5. Sparks

I would tend to agree with this assesment. I believe if he were at LCM he would be their #3,4, or maybe even 5. Just by this being a thread people are giving the topic more credit than it deserves. How can so many people leave Serna off their list. Didn't he beat the defending state champ.

I can tell you from calling his games and whatching him on the mound. Eric Sparks is a winner and plays the games as it should be played. The Kid has a ton of talent and will be a great collegiate pitcher !!!! As for as rating him, he would have to be inline with Elhert, Angelle & Smith...

I am with ya on him being a 2 or 3 at other schools in the area. I think its funny how PNG thinks anybody from a lower class school automatically would not even start at their at school. Give me a break. I guess your record (PNG) up to this point proves your opinion that sparks would be 5th, ha. Nice Try.

Bigred

Nothing against the Sparks. He is a good kid and a very good pitcher. But at PNG, SOME of the teams we have played would have had very little problem with him. There is a big difference between 3A and 5A teams. PNG problem has been errors and not hitting the ball. The pitching has been fine. Good luck to your team Bigred and Good luck to Sparks.

Well I would not go that far' date=' then you run the risk of getting over confident and losing. I am a BC fan, but I would not say that. Its ok to believe you will win, lets not say it like that. You might have to eat those words later my friend.[/quote']

Well said. I think WOS will be much more competative than earlier in the season. I would not get too over-confident this season either, we have been run-ruled just like everyone else early on. They are a different team coming into district and Sparks is the real deal.

Just for the record PNG has played 7 games in the reg season 33innings pitched 134 BF, 19 H no homeruns given up 11 wks, 59 Ks and 8 ERs, for an ERA of 1.67 this between Harwood, McInnis, Mire, Powell. Harwood and Mire has the most innings pitched at this point, but Powell was nasty vs Lumberton, McInnis is the 1st relife or closer on this staff and is throwing as hard as any one I have seen pitch this year with a nasty curve ball. The record for this team can not be blamed on pitching the whole problem is hitting. With that said I would put this staff up aganist any staff on any team. I would think if you ask any team that has faced any of PNG pitchers they would tell they are pretty good. Back to Sparks this is a great kid that has worked for a long time as well as alot of other kids and it is great to see and hear him getting some long over due respect and recognition !! good luck with HF and the rest of the season.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder