Port Arthur Memorial 16 Beaumont West Brook 9/Final (2OT)

WOSgrad

i was told all CV had to do was beat Sterling and we were done as far as playoffs. 

I don't see how that would be. North Shore and La Porte have spots locked up. CV clinched tonight. WB is 3-3 in district, their season is done. PAM is 2-3 in district, Deer Park is 1-4, Sterling is 0-5. PAM wins next week and they have the tiebreaker over WB for that 4th and final spot in the playoffs. Right? I haven't been gone from TX that long I hope lol

I don't see how that would be. North Shore and La Porte have spots locked up. CV clinched tonight. WB is 3-3 in district, their season is done. PAM is 2-3 in district, Deer Park is 1-4, Sterling is 0-5. PAM wins next week and they have the tiebreaker over WB for that 4th and final spot in the playoffs. Right? I haven't been gone from TX that long I hope lol

man im all confused lol. You sound right though. 

I think dBerry is exactly right.  Memorial beats NS next week, they are in and WB is out.  Memorial loses, they are out and WB is in. 

@panews: It ain’t over: Titans’ playoff hopes still alive after 2OT win

This is the hidden content, please

I need a beer. 

If PA beat North Shore, it will be a 3 way tie for 3.. WB, Channelview/ LaPorte, and PA. If it's Channelview, Since all 3 teams beat each other, PA does not have a tie breaker on WB cause it won't go head to head. Don't know how accurate this is but I was told that PA has to beat North Shore by 18 points to eliminate WB, if LaPorte beat Channelview.  If LaPorte loses to CV, and PA win, WB should be out since they will have lost to both teams they're tied with.  Like I said, don't know if that is correct, but it will come down to scores with common opponents since it will be a 3 way tie with PA, CV, and WB

The scenario I was told was PAM needs to win and have Channelview beat LP to get in. 

And BTW, I remember someone on the Wednesday saying don't be surprised if Titans win this game.....hmm who was that again?

That scenario is correct. 

If C'view and PAM win next week, then C'view would end the district race with a 4-2 record, PAM at 3-3 and WB at 3-3.  As PAM has the tiebreaker with their win over WB tonight,  PAM would get the final playoff spot out of 21-6A.

If PAM wins and C'View loses, then all 3 schools would end the district race at 3-3.  The first tiebreaker is head to head.  Well, C'view beat PAM, WB beat C'View and PAM beat WB, so that would not break the tie.  It would then go to positive points (margin's of victory) that the 3 games (with a 21 pt cap).  WB would be at a +14, Channelview at 0, and PAM at -14, which would mean WB would be in 3rd and Channelview in 4th.

Edited by WOSgrad

That scenario is correct. 

If C'view and PAM win next week, then C'view would end the district race with a 4-2 record, PAM at 3-3 and WB at 3-3.  As PAM has the tiebreaker with their win over WB tonight,  PAM would get the final playoff spot out of 21-6A.

If PAM wins and C'View loses, then all 3 schools would end the district race at 3-3.  The first tiebreaker is head to head.  Well, C'view beat PAM, WB beat C'View and PAM beat WB, so that would not break the tie.  It would then go to positive points (margin's of victory) that the 3 games (with a 21 pt cap).  WB would be at a +14, Channelview at 0, and PAM at -14, which would mean WB would be in 3rd and Channelview in 4th.

ok. Thx GRAD!