Kountze Basketball: What happened?

• 3 weeks later...

Some of them are, but they have a 6th grader that is a phenom, when she gets there she will put them over the top. She is that good. She played in the primetime 7th grade national tournament (as a 5th grader) with a team out of Houston and they won the whole thing. She was a huge part of that team winning it.

No disrespect intended to any of the young up and coming players but a good 6th grade player isn't gonna put a team in the state playoff hunt. What type Junior High team will she have around her starting next year. It takes a really dominant team to make a state run. I hope you're right, I loved to watch the Lady Hawks over the years.

That is why I said three years. There is a freshman this year that is a nice solid player, the 8th grade group is solid and has a lot of height and speed with some good shooters, not sure about the 7th grade, but when the girl I am talking about gets to be a freshman (she has been playing with this group for three or four years now) she is going to be the missing piece and they will make a nice run deep into the playoffs.

just have not had the athletes in recent years as those years.  The sophomore and freshman classes have some athletes and should make a playoff push in the next few seasons

I understand maybe not making deep runs without athletes, but to no even make the playoffs especially now days with them taking 4 teams. is there a new coach or the same coach from those deep playoff runs?